[Mk2] [NA] Had my NA on the Dyno - 192.4 Bhp 149lb VIDEO

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

alan_d

[Mk2] [NA] Had my NA on the Dyno - 192.4 Bhp 149lb VIDEO

Post by alan_d »

cant get the video to embed but heres the youtube link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtxfDhH7Mm4
feel free to drop opinions in!

bear in mind she has 100,000 miles on the clock without a rebuild!
Dale_V

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Had my NA on the Dyno - 192.4 Bhp 149lb VIDEO

Post by Dale_V »

LMAO

ATF, not a chance

ATW, you must be joking!
alan_d

Post by alan_d »

im sorry i dont follow you?
I can scan my graphs if theres any doubt? oh and yes the lines cross around 5k rpm
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

the 3SGE is 158bhp, standard at the fly (ATF), and obviously alot less at the wheels (ATW) when transmission losses have been deducted

there is no way on this earth your 3sge puts out 192 ATW!
alan_d

Post by alan_d »

I in no way stipulated in this post that it is 192 at the wheels, one of the lads on the day informed me figures were ATW, thus the youtube link states ATW, I was since corrected that it is infact ATF.

so to quote YOU, ATF, not a chance,

what makes you doubt the engines ability to generate 192 atf?

the car was dyno'd by Steven Gault, engine builder of great credibility over here in NI, who carrys much kudos in that his rollers are very accurate SUN equipment, all monitored by Autronic wideband etc...

id ask a few more questions myself regarding what aftermarket parts are fitted before blurting out instant assumptions such as ATF not a chance, but then again, assumption IS the mother of all xxxx ups :oops:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

got to agree with dale_v mate, that's more bhp than a standard rev 2 turbo if not rev 3...i would go back to the garage and ask for a refund because those readings are a joke. no offense mate but you would be lucky to be pushing 150 at the flywheel with a 10 year old rev1/2 na... :-k
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

alan_d wrote:I in no way stipulated in this post that it is 192 at the wheels, one of the lads on the day informed me figures were ATW, thus the youtube link states ATW, I was since corrected that it is infact ATF.

so to quote YOU, ATF, not a chance,

what makes you doubt the engines ability to generate 192 atf?

the car was dyno'd by Steven Gault, engine builder of great credibility over here in NI, who carrys much kudos in that his rollers are very accurate SUN equipment, all monitored by Autronic wideband etc...

id ask a few more questions myself regarding what aftermarket parts are fitted before blurting out instant assumptions such as ATF not a chance, but then again, assumption IS the mother of all 'k ups :oops:

you can list your mods, but I will stand by my statement that your engine is not putting out 192 atf, nevermind ATW

the 3sge would be capable of 190+ if you spend ££££, or have a beams 3sge, which you dont...

Id go on some accurate rollers if i was you :)
alan_d

Post by alan_d »

the readings I can assure you are NO joke.
im dissapointed that no one on this forum has asked about how the car is a) managed, b) breathing, c)passing exhaust gas, is it cammed or reprofiled? is fuelling stock? hows about timing? is the cat still in place?

the dyno tune rollers have been proven time and time again over here in being accurate and calibrated frequently, they have even been compared on the same day to a newly calibrated dastek rolling road, and have proven within tolerence. but its totally fine if you choose not to accept these figures, im only sharing my vid and everyones opinion is of course their own, just dont be fooled by the outset appearance that 3sges dont respond well to a good tinker.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

alan_d wrote:the readings I can assure you are NO joke.
im dissapointed that no one on this forum has asked about how the car is a) managed, b) breathing, c)passing exhaust gas, is it cammed or reprofiled? is fuelling stock? hows about timing? is the cat still in place?

the dyno tune rollers have been proven time and time again over here in being accurate and calibrated frequently, they have even been compared on the same day to a newly calibrated dastek rolling road, and have proven within tolerence. but its totally fine if you choose not to accept these figures, im only sharing my vid and everyones opinion is of course their own, just dont be fooled by the outset appearance that 3sges dont respond well to a good tinker.

give it a chance mate, thread is only an hour or so old... :-k

so what kind off mods have been done to the car and if it is pushing out that power, nice one.. \:D/
alan_d

Post by alan_d »

cam reprofile
autronic ecu
engineered decat with butted centre section
magnex rear box
xs 5sfe mani
paper cone filter on lengthened intake pipe to equal distance of stock airbox
healthy dose of advance,
fly and clutch have been changed but thats neither here nor there as it wont really affect peak to a degree, rather response.
we went through every vacuum hose and exhaust section with a fine tooth comb and sealed to prevent the smallest degree of breathing/venting.
lower weight pulleys but again more to do with response.
throttle body was also machined to accept larger butterfly, and an ignition amp fitted at the same time, along with plugs specced and gapped by a local tuner. whilst the manifold was off, they were closely paired and we honed the exhaust port surfaces extremely carefully

my friend cameron can assure you that it hangs on to his 225 celica widebody on the straights, and a friend with a beams celica cannot shake me, so im a happy enough camper, apart from the degree of wanting a supercharger!
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

so is the ecu a standalone unit or piggyback ?

still a very good figure for the mods but it sounds as if your quite happy with it`s performance against other cars so fair play...

anything else planned ?
ctc_celtic

Post by ctc_celtic »

In the YouTube comment it just said,

engine mods: magnex back box, decat, xs power manifold, £20 ebay induction kit! oh and 100,000 miles without a rebuild!

So you can understand a bit of disbelief if thats all there was to go on.

Don't know much about engine mods, but thats an impressive list of improvements to the engine, especially as most NA's only get a few breathing mods.

As for Steven Gault, i've seen him mentioned a few times on RMS and Jon44w, and he seems to have a very good reputation.
Out of interest, where is he based and how much does he charge for a RR session?
Poohbear

Post by Poohbear »

What was the At The Wheels uncorrected figure anyway??

Bob
I'm Going To Die Young...But When I'm Very Very Old!
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

7.5 more and you'll break the 200bhp barrier ! nice one, normally thats the territory of v6s or turbos on here.

any plans on extra work to try and break the 200 mark ? how does it drive in normal conditions, i imagine it being a bit peaky, is it ?

anyway, get the graphs posted up here and in your garage.
L0rdMike

Post by L0rdMike »

Meh the place cant even handle the power if it needs people pushing it down.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

nice, be good to know what its pushing at the wheels....

:thumleft:
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

2:58 - 132 at the wheels. Sounds about right
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

allan welsh wrote:2:58 - 132 at the wheels. Sounds about right

really? :?
ive seen practically stock nas get that atw and above. and were given 170-ish fly
(exhaust/filter/decat thats it)

for 190+ on a na, your looking at 150-160atw...
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

i never said anything about the flywheel figure just that 2:58 the guys says 132 or 135 at the wheels which sounds about right for an n/a.
Who cares, the guy is happy with the on road performace so :thumleft:
steve b

Post by steve b »

Good result, did you map the Autronics yourself? I've not heard of one of them being used on the 3sge before. I looked at one for my mx5 but went Link G3 instead as the autronics I was told needed a trigger wheel on the crank and I couldn't be bothered with that.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”