Best place to get an exhaust???

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

un1eash

Re: Best place to get an exhaust???

Post by un1eash »

Might be worth getting some new gaskets, studs and nuts from Mr T. The manifold studs can be a real pain, one of mine snapped.
Negativvv

Post by Negativvv »

I did mine recently and the nuts were fine, however the left hand side one was a bit of a b@stard to get off because the heat shield of the old exhaust got in the way so i couldnt get a decent socket in there!
steveybMR2-173

Post by steveybMR2-173 »

Got our Goose fitted this afternoon, at an exhaust fitting place in Leek, only charged me £20 and wasnt particularly straight forward and took them an hour, so Im glad I didnt tackle it on the floor with the car on ramps.

Very pleased with it, unless its my imagination the car seems a little more responsive, definitely sounds a bit deeper and most of all its got some nice big shiny tail pipes! :D

Some cheeky Twonk in the bay next to me said I bet fitting thats just doubled the value of your car?! to which I replied Id like to see your 206 in 20 years time mate! [-X
Last edited by steveybMR2-173 on Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black 1994 Mk2 Rev 3 GT Turbo T-Bar
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

I dont think theres a 206 out there that will last 20 years. The exhaust should get abit louder with time as it burns in. Mine werent that loud then one day it went really loud.
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

steveybMR2-173 wrote:We've got a spare standard back box thats off our 1st project car that is currently being stripped and is off the car that you could have cheap, not been over to the unit in a while but I seem to remember it being in pretty good nick, if you want any more off the system bring your socket set, the cars only in Leek.

This is surplus to requirements now as we have ordered a Mongoose full system for the track car project today.

Steveyb is my new hero, as I picked up an exhaust from him on Thursday :mrgreen:

Cheers Steve - good to meet you again :)

Just got to get it fitted now #-o
steveybMR2-173

Post by steveybMR2-173 »

No probs Aitch, great to meet you again too, likin the Cossie mate! glad to be of help, hope you get it fitted soon, that back box doesnt look in bad nick to me :) Maybe once its fitted you'll decide to keep the Mk1 after all :wink:

No doubt see you again when the curry night next comes to Congleton :thumleft:

p.s. All Car Exhausts in Leek did a good job of fitting the Goose for us, although if the young lad sees you pull in with a mk1 he might do a runner! lol
Black 1994 Mk2 Rev 3 GT Turbo T-Bar
Damian

Post by Damian »

How much for a complete exhaust from JP Exhausts please?

No idea of price from their website.

Cheers.
trunks_mk1

Post by trunks_mk1 »

l0hn wrote:I ordered a mongoose from http://www.jap-spec-performance.co.uk

turned up this morning, looking forward to getting it on the car \:D/

was £255.00 delivered

THEY WERE COOL!!!

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”