Considering selling my Rev3 GTS Tubby...

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Flamby

Considering selling my Rev3 GTS Tubby...

Post by Flamby »

I am considering selling my beloved mr2 tubby,

It is a 1994 L reg, GTS rev3 t-bar turbo in Carribean Blue.

I have owned this car for nearly 2 years now and it has been my pride and joy for all this time!
I adore it and love driving it so much, it was used at first as a daily driver but in the last year I have shared
insurance on lesser cars :) so it has become a wknd car mostly!

The reason for selling is as always .... money issues, and also just feel the need for something a bit different.

This car might be recognised by a few, it has been owned by enthusiasts throughout its life in the uk and on forums, and was imported in 1998.
It was also in issue one of the Mr2Only publication, where it was featured alongside my parents mr2's.

The details for my 2 are:

Taxed till feb 08
MOT till july 08 ( passed the last one with no advisories and flying colours :) )
I am pretty sure I am the 3rd owner since its been in the uk but I will double check that.
140k km's on the clock
Delimited.
Aquired a very decent condition set of half leather seats.
Air con ( which I believe is rare on the GTS model )
Standard space saver wheel
Toyota original tool kit
Rev 3 LSD gearbox

Modifications:
Engine & Drivetrain:
- 5zigen cat back exhaust ( flexi still fine on this one, and has been fitted a year )
- Standard downpipe with cat removed
- HKS SSQV Dump valve
- Apexi Induction Kit ( sounds absolutly fantastic!! )
- TRD Thermostat
- TRD Radiator Cap (Higher Pressure)
- Field extension harness for the ecu

Handling & Braking:
- Genuine Volk Racing/Rays Engineering 17" TE37 in white (This have been refurved since I have owned them, sadly the two drivers side ones are curbed)
- Toyo Proxie 215/40 & 235/40 17" tyres (plenty of life left in these, only been on 4k miles)
- Red Stuff pads (been on roughly 8k with plenty of life left in them, rear discs were also changed at that point too)
- Motul RBF600 High Performance Brake Fluid
- Goodridge stainless steel brake hoses (fitted by 3s services)
- K-sport fully adjustable coilovers (done 6k on my car and fitted by 3s services)
- High & Tight motorsports prothane full suspension bush kit (except the arb ones also fitted by 3s services)
- Still got the standard wheels and if the car were to be sold standard then I would put a brand new set of tyres on these for the new owner

Electronics:
- HkS EVc 5 (holding Boost at 15psi)
- Clamping speed delimiter
- Pro installed full 1yr old Clifford concept 650 thatcham 1 alarm with proximity sensor and Intellistart.

Styling:
- Crystal side lights with led bulbs
- Genuine Raybrig front lights
- HID conversion kit (h4 bulbs)
- Speed Hut custom EL blue glow Dials
- All interior lights converted to blue... heater control, courtesy light etc...

Ice:
- Alpine Headunit
2 x Pheonix gold Amplifiers mounted on an amp pad in front boot.
- Focal COmponent Speakers in doors ( Running off one amp )
- Rainbow Speakers fit into rear speaker position (running off headunit)
- Pheonix gold sub in custom box behind passenger seat (running off second amp)

In the last few months the car had some kind of over heating problem so I had the radiator changed, and had a full flush of the coolant, and changed the thermostat and rad cap,
this has fixed the problem, and from then on I have been more cautious and kept an eye on coolant levels.

At that time the car was also checked for more serious problems such as cracked block and head gasket and all apeared fine!

I have many receipts of my own, for work done and carried out on the car, and parts bought for the car. I have been maintaining it myself however so I do not have full toyota service history.
However what I do have is the toyota service history of the first owner of the this car once it reached the uk, it is very thorough and had alot of work carried out on it during its first
few years in the uk, such as the cambelt and clutch.

The car as far as I know has no bad points, however I will list what I if I was a potential buyer would like to know:
- Slightly leaky t-bar, but only on really heavy raining days.
- Front passenger side drop link isn't in great shape so occasionally on a sharp sudden bump a knock can be heard.

This car however produces no smoke, makes no nasty noises when driving, pulls hard like I train, and performs beautifully in everything I have ever
asked it o do!!! its an absolute stunner and a real head turner in my area. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

I am willing to sell this as it is for the right offer or will return the car to standard as I have all standard parts (apart from the suspension)

So really this thread is just to get interest and see if any offers come out of it.
Please feel free to ask me any questions or clarify any details on what I have already stated.

Thank you very much for reading all of this and I hope I have covered everything.

Dan
SW20Paul

Re: Considering selling my Rev3 GTS Tubby...

Post by SW20Paul »

Stunning looking car there mate, Goodluck with the sale
Flamby

Post by Flamby »

thanks for the kind words paul,

its just to gather interest and see if anyone loves it as much as I do at the moment :) :thumleft:
Scotty_b

Post by Scotty_b »

Really nice car mate good luck if you choose to sell her. . . i should know i have roughtly exactly the same!! :D

If you do split may well be interested in a few bit so will be keeping an eye out or mail me on [email protected] sure we can do some deals!! :thumleft:

Scotty
Rev5GT

Post by Rev5GT »

To anyone interested in this car - this here tubby is EASILY one of the most genuine and best examples - I bought it in totally standard form from its 1st owner who lived near Brighton - He had the local Toyota Dealers import the car for him back in 1998 -

It came with a full and very comprehensive Toyota service history with no expense spared.... The 1st owner had it from 1998-2004 when i bought it and sold it to Fizz... Who had it 2 years and trouble free and sold it to Dan.

Mate -you'll have no bother selling that as its only got better in terms of looks/mods and maintanence.... :thumleft:

Rash
P.s. this car has sentimental value to me as it was the 1st REV3 Tubby i had purchased..... Ohh feel like buying it back myself.......
Flamby

Post by Flamby »

Scotty_b - Cheers for the comments, I don't think she deserves to be split but if she sells as standard then there will be bits going for sale :) Cheers.

Rash - Thank you so much for your comment!
Really appreciate your input and opinion mate, I'd like to think its only get better :)

thanks guys :)
mrmarc

Post by mrmarc »

ive seen this car around locally..its stunning!..to whoever buys it im very jelous already.its in the best colour and the white alloys look awesome.. ..good luck with the sale flamby \:D/
tank

Post by tank »

Totally stunning mate!

Why cant you be selling this around october?? :( lol

Wouldnt want to potentially offend with an offer, what you looking for, for it?

Ticks a lot of boxes for what im after when i buy new one soon.

Thanks Chris.
Flamby

Post by Flamby »

mrmarc - cheers for the comments mate :) totally agree on the best colour remark :thumleft: :clap:

Tank - Pm'ed you buddy :)
BarryJ

Post by BarryJ »

Totally agree about the colour and condition of the car it looks terrific.

As Tank said what sort of price are you looking for as currently things seem to be all over the place and it would not be a good idea to offer you far less than you thought it was worth.

Barry
fizz

Post by fizz »

My old baby... :cry:

Never have i owned a car that i have missed as much as this one... Im now on my 7th car and even had a stunning GT4 after this rev 3 tubby but none compared to this! :cry:

Cant believe you are thinking of selling her Dan!... i never even got to see her at JAE due to the weather preventing you coming up!

p.s) you are deffo the 3rd owner as i was the second..
Flamby

Post by Flamby »

barryJ - cheers for your comments mate, yeah the mr2 market is saturated with all kinds of examples at the mo, prices all over the place. I am looking for £5500 offers are welcome. I will not sell unless completely happy :)

So to clarify thats £5500

Fizz - I know fizz, its all just being considered at the moment mate though :) just want to know if there is interest for her :)

Yeah that really sucked about jae, I think thats what got me considering selling in the first place... the fact I didn't even get it up to see everyone... sucked alot that.

Thanks for confirming the owners too fizz :)
Flamby

Post by Flamby »

due to a change in family circumstances, this car no longer needs to be sold :) :) :mrgreen: :thumleft:

Thank you for posting the kind comments on this ad and giving your oppinions, it is great to know what people think of her.

Thankfully however I can hold off selling her for a while now :)

Cheers again and if the mods which to remove this post then that is fine by me :thumleft:
Thanks,
Dan
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

Dan you spanner.... Stop trying to sell her!! :lol:
fizz

Post by fizz »

Lou-Lou wrote:Dan you spanner.... Stop trying to sell her!! :lol:

Amen to that sista! :clap:
3S Service Centre

Post by 3S Service Centre »

its a awsome example and worth every penny, top and bottom, front and back this car is A1

James
call James on 01256 883386 or 07786073755
Flamby

Post by Flamby »

Lou-Lou wrote:Dan you spanner.... Stop trying to sell her!! :lol:

haha lucky its no longer for sale then lou :D

... and yeah I promise to no longer be a spanner :( 8-[ :oops: :cry:

32 Service Centre - Cheers james that means alot coming from you and your guys :D :thumleft: \:D/ I'm glad I'm keeping her now with a response like that :D
2Crooky

Post by 2Crooky »

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! =P~ 8) \:D/ :clap: :!:

Return to “MR2s for Sale”