Kent run

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

iansumuk

Kent run

Post by iansumuk »

Last year, the MK1 club organised the Kent run which I went to. Is there going to be one this year as well?
Tony jinxy froude

Re: Kent run

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

I think theres gonna be a Kent race.... er run :mrgreen: this year im pretty sure, look on the MK1 club site under S.E area events im sure the details will be in there, good to see you back :thumleft: , Jinxy
pistol supercharged pete

Post by pistol supercharged pete »

hello ha
yeah i will be organising it this year as well

my car will be there this year but not me driving will have the supra but iwll be a good day as always
glad to see people asking about it
ANT

Post by ANT »

went to this in 2005 and it was great!

missed it last year cos i sold my 2

but may be back this year as i just bought another n/a :mrgreen:
SIG GONE
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

I'm sure there will be loads of cars as usuall!
Always a great day out :D and i'm sure we will all be keeping to the speed limit :)
The best memory i have is the time, we all turned round a bend and a coppers car had pulled someone over (not an mr2) and you could see his jaw drop , when 30 odd mr2's blasted by him :lol:
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

The date i have is August 26th but on the Mk1 club site, it still needs to be be confirmed :?
iansumuk

Post by iansumuk »

A few Smart Roadsters are interesting in attending. Obviously I have my interests in MR2, and other cars, I thought it might make it interesting at the chatting bits to be able to browse over each others cars. Yes/no?

Smarts are only 700cc, but you'll be surprised what they can do on the road, like the mk1 they weight very little, so yeah, leave 'em standing on the straights, but they'll be right back again come the bends!
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

iansumuk wrote:A few Smart Roadsters are interesting in attending. Obviously I have my interests in MR2, and other cars, I thought it might make it interesting at the chatting bits to be able to browse over each others cars. Yes/no?

Smarts are only 700cc, but you'll be surprised what they can do on the road, like the mk1 they weight very little, so yeah, leave 'em standing on the straights, but they'll be right back again come the bends!

Even though they are not mr2's, i'm sure they would be welcome!
Would make a change to have some other makes to, race against!
Or go slowly as i'm sure we do :D
Lunarmatic

Post by Lunarmatic »

Sounds good and conveniently local to me but if it's on the 26th August I might not be able to make it as I'm going to a friend's birthday party on the 25th so might be incapable of driving anywhere on the Sunday...

Where does the route go?

Would be good to say hi to folks again after the Beaulieu run. I missed JAE but I am planning to go to the Retro Rides thing in a few weeks' time although <slythreadhijack :wink: > it's looking a bit thin on the ground for mk1s at the moment....</slythreadhijack>

Andrew
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Lunarmatic wrote:Sounds good and conveniently local to me but if it's on the 26th August I might not be able to make it as I'm going to a friend's birthday party on the 25th so might be incapable of driving anywhere on the Sunday...

Where does the route go?

Would be good to say hi to folks again after the Beaulieu run. I missed JAE but I am planning to go to the Retro Rides thing in a few weeks' time although <slythreadhijack :wink: > it's looking a bit thin on the ground for mk1s at the moment....</slythreadhijack>

Andrew

Hi Andrew,
I'm not much good with routes but i know it all goes around the Kent coast, Romney marshes, some great roads!
Shame you couldn't make JAE, unbelievably there where 12 SC'S, most i have ever known before was 6 or 7.
Hopefully you will be able to make it, it's a great drive out!!
RoadsterBoy

Post by RoadsterBoy »

Lunarmatic wrote:Sounds good and conveniently local to me but if it's on the 26th August I might not be able to make it as I'm going to a friend's birthday party on the 25th so might be incapable of driving anywhere on the Sunday...

Likewise, I'm supposed to be going on a pub crawl for a mates birthday..
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

Mk1Supercharger SE Steve wrote:The date i have is August 26th but on the Mk1 club site, it still needs to be be confirmed :?

Hi Pete gutted i missed last year one was on holday now i find this one clashes with my holiday any chance of having it say in the first week of Sept say the 9th,preety please. :D
jeffry-

Post by jeffry- »

9th sept would be better for me aswell , haven't been to a run before.. Did some info on the last one you did and it was in ashford.

Will it be at ashford this year?
Will it be moved to 9th september?

Oh and is it just for mk1's or can i bring my mk2 tubby along
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

There are quite a few guys who want to go to this and can't make the 26th August so if it can be changed that would be great.
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

The date has now been changed to 16th September, i hope this is better for most of you :pray:
I'm sure it will still be starting at Ashford!
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

I'll be there
Will try and get the MK1 rally car along too
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
jeffry-

Post by jeffry- »

Can someone please give the location of the meet and when its going to start ( time )

Thankyou
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

jeffry- wrote:Can someone please give the location of the meet and when its going to start ( time )

Thankyou

erm i'm sure this will be finalised soon, but there is a month and a half to go....
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

Mk1Supercharger SE Steve wrote:The date has now been changed to 16th September, i hope this is better for most of you :pray:
I'm sure it will still be starting at Ashford!

Nice one Steve your a star :clap:
2Crooky

Post by 2Crooky »

Lookin forward to it :twisted:

Last year it was one of the best events \:D/

Return to “Past Events”