And they call this customer service!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

unityc55

And they call this customer service!

Post by unityc55 »

I have recently had a C Service with Jemca Bromley for my MR2 GTS Turbo. First they decide too lose my details initially when I made the booking so they never knew I was coming, on the same day I made the booking they told me there is just a A & B service on the Turbo. Totally rude and acted as if I meant nothing. I also asked for a service book to be included which they said was fine and decided to forget and not order me one for nearly a month, when contacting them no one returned messages. The aftersales/parts for anyone apart from people buying new cars from them is appaulling. The fact that I had spent nearly £500 quid on a service meant nothing to them and were continuing to deny all knowledge of me making any booking or speaking to them. It just seem to be a continuing trend of crap customer service. I thought that toyota worldwide would be happy to service there cars but in JEMCAs case it does not apply. In my experience:

DO NOT USE JEMCA BROMLEY FOR YOUR MR2 REQUIREMENTS
craig

Re: And they call this customer service!

Post by craig »

Sorry to hear about that mate, but cheers for the info!
Kieron

Post by Kieron »

And this is a Toyota dealership?

Unbelievable. Find yourself a good local garage with some old school mechanics there. They will treat you like a king.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Its an absolute waste of time using Toyota.

find a good independent or even better IMO if you can do the work yourself.
waynestoyotamr2

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

Lauren wrote:Its an absolute waste of time using Toyota.

Dis-agree with that.

I deal with two Toyota Dealerships on a regular basis and they are always superb with me.

Big shout out for Harry Feeney Toyota in Blackpool (excellent "service" section) and Oakmere Toyota in Northwich (excellent mechanical side of things)
"If in doubt - just make the numbers up!" ;)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

waynestoyotamr2 wrote:

Dis-agree with that.

I deal with two Toyota Dealerships on a regular basis and they are always superb with me.

Big shout out for Harry Feeney Toyota in Blackpool (excellent "service" section) and Oakmere Toyota in Northwich (excellent mechanical side of things)

Wayne, for parts yes, they can be very good (and bad). We have a great parts guy here in Macc.

what i'm talking about is more the garage section as they tend to rip you off, wanting to replace everything at extorniate prices etc.

I'll give you just one example:

My friendly, local toyota dealer checked out a problem i had (it was a worn diff carrier). Said that the only way to fix it would be to put on a new gearbox at 1.5K plus labour, then had the gall to insult me by saying that i would be breaking the law if i sold it on and didn't tell whoever i sold it to. And this was said to me when i had made no suggestion of sellng the car as is.

I went 300yds up the road to a gearbox place and they fitted a second hand diff carrier all inclusive for £300 and it worked faultlessly.

Also when it comes to servicing it really is on the whole a doddle to do and when you see that MrT charge hundreds of pounds for the sort of thing you could do in two hours you wonder how they get away with it.
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

waynestoyotamr2 wrote:

Dis-agree with that.

Same here :D Ive built up a relationship with Pentagon Toyota (Barnsley) and Montys of Sheffield. They know me on first name terms now, and ive only had minor problems. :D
Kieron

Post by Kieron »

Harry Feeney will order you up the parts without messing you around asking for chassis numbers etc and aren't bothered if you have an import.

They are WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY overpriced on services though.

K&B Auto's in St. Annes are the boys for anything mechanical.
Harry

good service@James 3s service sentre

Post by Harry »

:D
well!
try James@3s service centre,mr2 member dedicated to mr2 family/us!
about 50% less per hour and believe me he appreciates your custom.
Yes the toyota dealership should be consistent,should be. =;
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

i think the post has been answered!
unless you know someone in that particular garage, and you know they themselves will work on it, then unfortunatly your bound to get ripped off IMOP by toyota!
ive had various experience in my year and a bit ownership of my rev2 tubby.

one instance i wanted them to change a faulty thermostat (after i realised its a b*tch to do), they told me one of the bolts to the housing had sezied, and wanted £300 PLUS VAT to lower the engine a little and get out my air con compressor, but once they got out this they would HAVE to replace the gas with uk legal gas, and by taking this out, they could drill the old bolt out. and if this didnt work, i would need a new thermostat housing at another £150-ish. so all in all around £550.
i told them they must be joking!!! so i took it to an importers garage in canterbury (top blokes), and it took them 5mins to get the bolt off and another 2hours to change the stat, but they quoted me and hour, so thats all i paid for, even though it took them 2hours!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”