[Mk2] [Turbo] pre used pre mapped dastek fitted... help please?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

TUBBY-DEUCE

[Mk2] [Turbo] pre used pre mapped dastek fitted... help please?

Post by TUBBY-DEUCE »

installed a dastek ecu+boost module today, fitted as per wiring diagram (see my post in electrical section) have one problem, wen ignition is turned on my injectors start ticking over, switch engine on an everything seems ok, anyone got any suggestions, i really wanted to get my head round this and fit it myself, one to save cash and two coz it has a map on it to suit my set up, help as always very appreciated
TUBBY-DEUCE

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] pre used pre mapped dastek fitted... help please?

Post by TUBBY-DEUCE »

I guess il be taking it out then, anyone know a dastek fitter in norfolk? or surrounding area?
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

even though its got an existing map it is very important that you get it rolling roaded to your own car....this is from the tuner of the original map and he seemed quite adamant that engine damage could occur if not fitted and mapped professionally .try the dastek website..
good luck :thumleft:
TUBBY-DEUCE

Post by TUBBY-DEUCE »

Ok buddy, guess it aint worth trying to save cash if you put it like that, thanx for your time and help, il see where the nearest tuner is
Andy K

Post by Andy K »

I'm in Norwich and can recommend Clive Atthowe on Salhouse road.

I fitted my own unichip and took it up to him with a bypass plug fitted to the loom and just asked him to map it, He'll check your wiring and remap it for you.

I'd unplug it for the moment and jumper the lines that have been broken.
I definatly would not run it with the unichip fitted as when fitting a unichip the timing is reset after the blank map is downloaded and then advanced where nessacery, if you have to, have a look at the timing to make sure it's not horribly advanced or anything.

I can't comment on the diagram, I've got NA diagrams, rev 1/2 turbo unchip without bcm and rev 3 with bcm, just not the rev1/2 with bcm.
Unfortunatly what I havn't got is the rev2 with bcm.

What sort of bcm have you got, there's 2 different ones, one with a map sensor and one without, has yours got a air input pipe on it? Also what type of unichip is it? the newer type or the blue label/block one.

You will need the timing changing at the very least and strongly suggest a look at the map even if it came from a similar car.

regards

Andy
TUBBY-DEUCE

Post by TUBBY-DEUCE »

Ok, its the newer sort unichip and the bcm has got a air line feed into it, ive heard of clive athow before, i think il do as you suggest mate and book it in with him wen i get paid, last thing i wanna do is bu88er the engine up, coz it runs really sweet at the moment, if i disconnect it will it have moved my timing out? Thanks for your help, this subject seems to have been a bit of a blank subject so far not alot of info floating about on dastek

Return to “Modifications”