[Mk2] [Turbo] just when i thought i was nearly finished

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mikewright

[Mk2] [Turbo] just when i thought i was nearly finished

Post by mikewright »

After a long hard slog over 3 and a half years i managed to save up my hard earned pennies and had my car rebuilt just over a year ago now. The car just needed the injectors fitting and the hydra ecu mapped and i would be finished and ready to enjoy my car..........Well yet again the car has let me down. Having only done 2000 miles since rebuild i was a bit alarmed the other week to find the oil catch can had sheared off one of it's hoses and the tank was full of oil and watery mayo #-o (happened during the journey). Having had a peek it seems to be the head gasket i think. It also gave off some white smoke on idle.
So yet again the car won't be ready for summer and now it's really got me annoyed again. I honestly considered smashing it up with a big hammer, but common sense prevailed.
On top off this the wifes cambelt went and her car is dead as well :(
I'm getting a company car soon so we decided to garage the mr2 for a bit and then just dedicate it to racing and nothing else, trailering it to and from the strip when needed.
With this in mind have you guys got any ideas on what else to change when i take out the engine. I was thinking Better clutch and moving to a big bootmounted i/c then a really silly turbo...but which one? (road use will no longer be an issue so i can be a bit wild with the cams and turbo
set up)
Any ideas or thoughts on where to go from here would be great.
Michael
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] just when i thought i was nearly finished

Post by Scott Barton »

Mike
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Mine has been off the road for a year now so im feeling for ya mate!

Anyway. Moving your post to Modifications. You will get a better aimed response there.

Scott
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
THE DUKE

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] just when i thought i was nearly finished

Post by THE DUKE »

I know how you feel bud, i've not seen my car in ages :(

Return to “Modifications”