OFFICIAL WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT FEEDBACK THREAD - PLEASE POST HERE!

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

anna

Re: OFFICIAL WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT FEEDBACK THREAD - PLEASE POST HERE!

Post by anna »

Great day.... but froze my ar$e off in the morning. Although I was in shorts, I think the award for 'most trusting of Mr Fish' goes to Stu (Kanujunkie) for driving all the way from the M25 with the top down on his mk3 (and wearing shorts)

Oh - by the way, I was the one in the hat ;) (well, ok, speedy was too) :D

The organisers did well - such a shame we didn't slam the 312 lot-ar$e record for longest single mark convoy.... eva! Now proud owners for the Longest Toyota rolling convoy (and MR2's only to boot)
anna

Post by anna »

Oh - did anyone get a recording of the commentator? would like to hear it, if only for the 'green wheels' comment ;)
Unfortunately I could only hear a bit near the grand stands
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

anna wrote: - such a shame we didn't slam the 312 lot-ar$e record for longest single mark convoy.... eva!

There's always next year :wink:
EX Caribbean Blue 10th Anniversary 1996 T-bar
EX Black 1995 mk2 GT Turbo
NOW Audi TT V6 3.2 DSG 2004 Coupe
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Just found this: :shock:

"Over 500 Lotus sports car owners arrived at the Brands Hatch race track yesterday to set a new world record for “Largest Parade of Lotus Cars” and a new world record for longest parade of any one type of car. Rules for smashing the old record required that over 249 cars travel two miles in succession. Lotus cars ranging from 1960s classics to present day Elises and Exiges showed up, but only 313 were aloud to participate due to limited space on the track."

500! :shock: Jesus! :shock:

Details:
http://coolbrit.net/blog/2007/01/29/vid ... ld-record/
racing23mr2

sorry Tom.....(snigger, please delete my previous post in events)

Post by racing23mr2 »

MR2 record attempt at Rockingham 29th April
http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p265 ... pt%202007/

a few more pics.

a good turn out .
just scroll down the page and click view all on the right
----------------------------------
www.sarahwherryracing.com
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

Twas a great day. Loads of cool cars and people. :thumleft:

Martin.(so tired)
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

So you back ok then dude :lol:

Yeh was an awesome day, that tunnel was the nuts :twisted:
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Had a good day today ,it was good seeing all the cars in the flesh rather than in pictures on the site shame i couldn't remember all the member names to match to the cars
heres a clip regarding the rules and even though lotus seems to have the record??
ours was all one model so should be a separate record don't you think?

OFFICIAL REPLY FROM GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS

quote:
VEHICLE PARADES – GENERAL GUIDELINES
The following act as a guide to the specific considerations and undertakings, in addition to the general requirements, for any potential attempt on any record relating to the Longest parade of a particular type f vehicle. They should be read and understood by all concerned – organisers, participants and witnesses – prior to the event.

RULES
1. These records are for the greatest number of vehicles of the same make / marque starting and completing a parade route. All vehicles must carry the same name badge (e.g. Ford, Rolls Royce, Volkswagen); it is not sufficient for the vehicles merely to be produced by the same parent company.
2. The minimum distance of the parade must be 3.2 km. (2 miles) from the starting point to the finish (all cars must cross the start line and drive the length of the route to the finish line).
3. If a car cannot complete the route, that car must be deducted from the total count.
4. The cars in the parade may not be more than two car-lengths apart during the parade.
5. Where the parade takes place on a public road, the assistance of local law enforcement officials should be obtained. All traffic laws should be obeyed at all times.
6. The registration number of each vehicle, as well as the name and telephone number of the driver, should be recorded on a pre-printed sheet and submitted with the world record claim.

Anyway it WAS a record and heres a few pictures sorry if the quality is no good i only had my phone with me Well done to all

EarL

Post by EarL »

Superb day only marred by a lack of organisation whilst on track. :(

Froze my tiny bits off in the morning, and ended up wearing 3 T-shirts and a fleece, and was still cold (must be my age :lol: ), only to sweat my doofas off whilst driving around the track (could have walked faster :roll: ).

Great to see so many well turned out MR2's of all versions. Lets hope they can all make the trip to JAE. We'd have the biggest stand by a mile with all those on it! :shock: :lol:

Good to catch up with some old mates again. :wink:

Car of the day IMO went to Leeroy. Stunning mate. Absolutely stunning. :thumleft:

EarL.
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
projectprelude

Post by projectprelude »

Leeroys car is amazing!

was looking over it its so tidy!
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Ahh, Mr Leeroy - very nice mk2 indeed. I was queued up next to you before we went out on the track. I certainly couldn't hear my engine above yours ;)

Uploading pictures now.
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
swin

Post by swin »

nice to see us yellow owners got in to double figures \:D/
redeye32uk

Post by redeye32uk »

Icsunonove wrote:
Mr Two wrote:
Does anyone know this fella??

Who the hells that :wink:
450wbhp comming soon
anna

Post by anna »

some more pics, from the blue section mostly ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77746336@N ... 157214437/

some of the best ones (what can i say - holding the camera out the window isn't the best way to get your snaps!)

and the sun came out:
Shiny!

Oh - and the 'exhaust tester'
scotf1

Post by scotf1 »

Icsunonove wrote:
Mr Two wrote:
I would hazard a guess that around 250 cars turned up. Shame really as i saw the list on here for approx 450 to turn up :roll
Dave

Dunno Dave, we were late arriving and got allocated 275, so if they started at 1, there were at least that many. A fair few arrived after us as well..
ducatichick

Post by ducatichick »

Was a damn good day. Here's a few of the pics I took. Damn that tunnel was the BEST :D

Earl your car is RUDE :!: I loved looking at it in my mirror :twisted: Was hoping i'd pull up next to you on the track to have a natter...but I had to shuffle up ](*,) :lol:

"oh it wasn't me on that bucking bronko thing" :whistle: :oops: :lol:

2 minutes 10 seconds....woo hoo best time of the day \:D/ :lol:

For Niel..

For Kloot..

For sidewinder..

Rowland....

Leon..

Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

EarL wrote:Superb day only marred by a lack of organisation whilst on track. :(

Yes I got totally confused. :? I was minding my own business following everyone round the track and suddenly this bloke in the course car pulled alongside me and started waving frantically. I thought my car was on fire or something, he was gesticulating like a madman! :shock:

He opened the window and said: "Follow me, stick right behind me". So I did what I was told.

But when I got the front of the queue the course car continued ahead so I assumed I was meant to follow him. But a guy in a blue TRD (I later found out this was TOPGUN) said "stay behind, I'm leading". Well I didn't know what to do. :?

So I followed him round the track and we all ended up in single file. :?

Shortly after I started following TOPGUN he indicated for me to pull alongside him (well that's what I thought anyway - he was pointing to the righthand side of his car and he was looking in the mirror). So I pulled alongside and he said "Get back". Eh? :?

And then for no apparent reason at all a bloke in a yellow Mk2 (with black furry dice hanging from the rear view mirror :mrgreen: ) suddenly came out of the pack and appeared on my right hand side. I have absolutely no idea what he was doing :? Eventually he fell in behind me....

When we got round the oval the cars at the back were still not moving. I thought, this is crazy , why are we all driving in single file when there's enough room to drive at least six abreast on the super wide oval ?

Then the lead car turned into the infield! :shock: :? I thought it would all get sorted out for the second lap. But we didn't do a second lap, we got taken straight back into the pits! :shock:

Very confusing all round basically.....

Anyway it was a super day and if there is a repeat of this next year I'm sure it will all get sorted out! :thumleft:
chrisbr68

Post by chrisbr68 »

Yeah I wasnt sure what was going on but I heard someone on radio channel 2 saying it was meant to be 3 abreast...

I was trying to tune into the rockingham radio station but couldnt find it, I thought there might be some instructions on that!
racing23mr2

Post by racing23mr2 »

a mess.....
i agree, i had an issue with mine being a race car with no fans for cooling and
a b1tch to drive in first gear, i was struggling if any one was behind me "SORRY", not blipping the throttle on purpose a necessity, i had to coast most of the way round or kangaroo it 8-[

we were told when going on the infield to stay two abreast then a marshall and cones forced us into single file again....crazy.

but a good day pleased to see some familiar faces and some new ones
:clap:
----------------------------------
www.sarahwherryracing.com
ducatichick

Post by ducatichick »

yes we were all supposed to be 3 abreast on the oval-but due to it being unclear it didn't seem to happen. :(

Shame we didn't crack it but it was a damn good dday-I sure as hell enjoyed every second of it....only downfall was I didn't get to say hello to everyone I wanted to ](*,)

Return to “Past Events”