[Mk2] [Generic] Updated. Modded Modena Stylie

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

marcnoonan

[Mk2] [Generic] Updated. Modded Modena Stylie

Post by marcnoonan »

Hi All,

Well, finally after seven years of having the car standard the kits finally going on. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Sorry but it's a small garage so the shots aren't too great as I can't get any distance.

Got myself the Modena rear and Veilside skirts :oops: originally to go with the Border front.

But finally decided I didn't like the veilside skirts due to the "blob" on the back which lined up with the "Blob" on the rear, so threw on the Bomex...

Image :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

At the moment the rear bumper is being modded to match the Bomex skirts.

Image =P~ =P~

Image =P~

Modded mirrors are also being blended, also in some of the shots above.

And the front of the Bomex skirts will be modded to match the Border front, like this (I hope).

Image :pray: :pray:

Can't get any photos of the front due to lack of room, but it's just a standard Border from Styling Fx although it does need quite a bit of adjustment as it's sitting 5mm above the bonnet. :(

And all goes nicely with this:

Cheers for looking.

Marc
Last edited by marcnoonan on Wed May 23, 2007 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sub_Culture

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Updated. Modded Modena Stylie

Post by Sub_Culture »

Great work, mate! Looks like you are making good progress. You keeping the car black? Please do. I wish I had bought a black one in hindsight!

Andy
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

The pictures of the white car you've put up are of alexs car..... bomex sides and border front, but you say you want them modding like in the picture...... there just standard bomex sides and standard border front. He hasnt modded them :?
marcnoonan

Post by marcnoonan »

Hi Sub, Thanks,

Yes definately staying with the black. Always wanted a black car and she's the first. Drove it around Croydon for five years, you may have seen me as up till now I've lived in Wallington/Carshalton.

Hi Spittinflames,

I asked Alex to take the side shots for me, as he was the only person with Border/Bomex combo I could find, so that I could photoshop them to show the marvelous "Woody" (who's doing the bodywork) what I wanted.
Sent the pictures to Alex but he never commented.

Before and after:

Appreciate any other comments.

Cheers

Marc
UniSol

Post by UniSol »

I'm desperate for a Modena rear, please can you point me in the right direction?
marcnoonan

Post by marcnoonan »

Hi Unisol,

I was lucky and got mine on ebay for £170 all in, but you can buy direct from www.joy-tuning.de for €299+p&p

Cheers

Marc
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

I'm not the biggest fan of the Mk2 veilside kit I'll admit so was pleasantly surprised when you said you'd got rid and put Bomex skirts on... even more pleasantly surprised when you had taken off the 'blob' on the bumper - huge improvement :clap:

I'm even more impressed though with your mod to the skirts, another subtle but great improvement, great work chap :clap:

Look forward to seeing it finished :thumleft:
marcnoonan

Post by marcnoonan »

Cheers Leeroy, you're not going to like some of this I think.

Got it on the floor and out of the garage for the first time this year!!!!

Going abit slow at the mo as the friend doing the body work (aka Woody) has disappeared over the last few weeks. But as he only wanted £150 labour :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I'm not going to push him too much but am going to give him alot more.

So far......................

Bit of a change from

A bit dusty inside though.

Finally made up my mind how to blend the kit all together. :mrgreen:

Just ordered a set of Toms sideskirt fins from Rogue for £40 all in to fit on the Bomex skirts. This will bring them alot further out than when fitted to the Toms ones and will line up with the Border front down the line of the car. Love the Border/Toms combo but the skirts seem to sit in alot more in than the Border front. The Bomex skirt bubble will be removed (as in above picks) and the front (inside wheelarch) blocked but left open at the back, by the door. Wheelarches should match then.

The part of the skirts that curves out from the middle to the front will also be altered so that it curves around from the front to the middle.Convex rather than concave or visa versa (It's 3:30am and school was a while back). :whistle:

Thought about filling the side strips, but have gone off the idea and have replaced the huge thick Rev1 UK ones with the flush later model import ones.

Also having the very top edge of the sideskirt air vent (where it touchs the side strip) shaped to match the flow of the body around the arch as they are flat and stick out. Alot more noticeable now that I've changed the side strips.

Also considering levelling the bottom of the skirts to the lowest point as they taper up towards the middle.

I'm also going to fit Border rear spats (sorry Leeroy and Woody) as although the rear bumper looks great in it's own right, (Woody's a genius) it's too rounded and I want to square it off a little. This will be blended into the rear bumper and matched to the exhaust cut-outs. Bigger exhaust too, either Mongoose or Remus.

Finally (bodywork atleast) the door handles are going and 25mm rear spacers should hopefully be made soon.

After that just got the heatshields to chrome and finish off the ICE with a new flush TV (mine sh*t on CD's and no iPod connection) and four 6" subs to go behind the seats. Chrome dial surrounds and needles with black dials(no kmh). Oh and the respary. :roll:

Also considering making a flush cover for under the bonnet (front) to hide the spare wheel and as it's been off the road so long I've had time to cover every visible 14mm bolt with either a black (body) or chrome (engine) bolt cover to neaten things up. There's no visible colour left in view anywhere, painted the blue thing next to the front fusebox, cam cover, and even the Ambipure holder black :oops: Also the orange bits on the inside door locks have gone,.stickers gone......everything! :oops:

Just got to drag Woody back now. :pray:
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Dude, its your car, no need to apologise :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”