[Mk2] [NA] How many wires on my Lamda sensor?

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

milan

[Mk2] [NA] How many wires on my Lamda sensor?

Post by milan »

Hi I have an overfuelling problem and after doing the multimeter test on the car it seems to be the lambda sensor. What I need to know is how many wires are on my lamda sensor is it 2 or 4?

The car is a 1992 Rev2 G-Ltd (n/a).

Im just at work now so cant check it. I wanted to order a universal one which come to around £50 rather than the Mr T ones which I heard are around £150.
Slarty

Re: [Mk2] [NA] How many wires on my Lamda sensor?

Post by Slarty »

I "think" it's a 2 wire. Seem to recall Rev3 onwards being 4 wire ones. The extra 2 wires being for a heating element inside the O2 sensor.

Someone else might be able to confirm this though :?:
milan

Post by milan »

I can now answer this question! I have just taken of my lamda, wasn't too bad. Took me about under an hour including taking all my tools out getting the car up and putting everything away, so not bad at all.

There are 2 nuts to undo the top nut was easy, just used an extension bar with a 12mm socket and it came off quite easily after taking the rear drivers side wheel off. The lower nut was a bit harder, I ended up taking it off from underneath the car and had to bend back the heatshield that was around it otherwise there was not enough movement on the rachet to undo the nut. Then finally pulled the lamda out and realised i had to undo the clip which was half way up the engine, so using my torch as it was getting dark managed to get my hand up and undo it and hey presto all done!

Anyway what i needed to know was how many wires it had and there are 4 wires: 2 black, 1 white and 1 blue.

So time to order 1 off the net and should be easy enough to put back.

1 question, do i need to reinstall the heat shield or should it be ok without?
johnnymr2

Post by johnnymr2 »

its there for a reason bud :mrgreen:
milan

Post by milan »

Very true, it is there for a reason suppose i was looking for an easier refit. I should really put the new lamda in with the shield, so thats what I will do now...well once i've ordered and received the new one.

Return to “Electrical”