[Mk2] [Turbo] greddy emanage

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

welshboyo

[Mk2] [Turbo] greddy emanage

Post by welshboyo »

got in contact with hyeline performance today to get quote on getting de-cat fitted and getting car remapped. they quoted me £900 if bolts snapped and they had to start drilling and tapping. and to get greddy emanage fitted and mapped £700 do you think this is to much :-k
Quigonjay

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] greddy emanage

Post by Quigonjay »

welshboyo wrote:got in contact with hyeline performance today to get quote on getting de-cat fitted and getting car remapped. they quoted me £900 if bolts snapped and they had to start drilling and tapping. and to get greddy emanage fitted and mapped £700 do you think this is to much :-k

£900 for a decat + £700 to have the emanage fitted+mapped?
they are having a laugh mate, go elsewhere

EDIT:actually £700 to supply, fit and map the emanage is what thor charge but the decat you can get done for under £300 easy
welshboyo

Post by welshboyo »

thats what i thought mate :-k even went to toyota and they did not want to know either they did not want to attempt de-cat .
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

9oo quid!!!!!.Bloody hell,they're takin the p!ss mate.I'd take your engine out twice and put it back in for that.

Go elswhere as suggested.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Has to be said, replacing the standard Cat is a PITA job, as bolts do tend to shear. I got a Decat pipe fitted by Hayward and Scott, that took them 3 hours to get the old one off, and new one fitted - and that was with only one seized bolt to replace.

Rather than drill + retap, a common bodge is to drill through and use a nut+bolt (suitably heat rated) to replace any seized bolts

If you've got an Emanage, you planned to get a Profex E-01? I've got one to fit to my Roadster at some point soon ...

Return to “Modifications”