[Mk2] [Turbo] gaskets and bolts for de-cat pipe

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

welshboyo

[Mk2] [Turbo] gaskets and bolts for de-cat pipe

Post by welshboyo »

just wondering does anyone know where i can buy new gaskets and bolts for de-cat pipe probably going to snap a few.
Turbo-G

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] gaskets and bolts for de-cat pipe

Post by Turbo-G »

Gaskets from Toyota, they are proper metal ones, not like the crappy paper crush gaskets you get free with most things which fall apart :lol:

The exhaust housing flange gasket is about £14 iirc, and about £6 I presume for the B pip to decat gasket.

Get studs from Toyota, or go to an exhaust place and get them to match the threads etc. Same for the nuts.

I fitted mine without snapping, shearing, rounding off anything :lol:

I did have to angle grind the spare stud in the ct20b turbo to fit the tb dp on though as it wouldnt come out with normal methods :lol:

Good luck :thumleft:
TheRoadWarrior

Post by TheRoadWarrior »

You'll need 3x M8 or M10 (Cant remember, sorry!) bolts with nuts, washers and spring washers for the downpipe-exhaust joint. These may come with the DP depending on where you're purchasing it from, however they're unlikely to be stainless. These could be had from any local hardware type store.

The original turbo-downpipe gasket on the car may be reuseable if its in good condition, i hear they often are.

..oh forgot to add, toyota will not sell you the correct face-gasket for the decat downpipe-exhaust joint- you'll need to get this from someone like GTS-Chris. Toyota only have the piston-type sealing gasket that fits into the bottom of the factory downpipe (No good for aftermarket DPs)
welshboyo

Post by welshboyo »

thanks guys few options thier :thumleft:
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

The correct size is M10X1.25, 35mm shank length, 14mm head size.

We manufacture those gaskets as well. Contact GTSchris.com if you need some spares.

Return to “Modifications”