Derby Meet 3/4/05

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

craig

Re: Sunday- Directions

Post by craig »

Adam wrote:Hi guys...

Just wondering how i can find this meet. Ive been invited by the shafster but god knows where it is and how to find it :D I'm coming from (cough cough) Mansfield and even worse i'll be in a RX7 :evil: Hope this is ok...

Cheers

Adam

just follow a blue MR2. SHould be going past JCN 28 at about 130 mph :lol: :lol:
Adam

Re: Derby Meet 3/4/05

Post by Adam »

probably best telling me where the meet is as i'm out on the town on saturday night so god knows what state i will be in on sunday #-o

I know derby a bit.... been working at rolls royce for the last 6 months, so know my way round a bit.

Is it just a MR2 meet or are there going to be other cars there.

Cheers
Adam
Adam

Post by Adam »

Just in case you were interested....here's the rx.

Cheers
Adam
craig

Post by craig »

nah mate, feel free to pop along!!! It ain't strictly MR2's. I for one would love to have a look round the RX!!

In short

M1-->JCN 24A-->A50-->Derby-->Shardlow-->Clock Warehouse

Can't miss it mate! See ya there :)

Craig :wink:
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

I'm in Oxford at the moment, I might be able to pop along in my Mk2... It's 90 miles each way *_^

Last time I went to one of these meets my headgasket went, so please wish me better luck this time.

Do you have a postcode for it, gives me better directions on the way... And finally, I'm sorry but I've not yet fitted my carbon fibre Engine Cowling :( Sorry!
craig

Post by craig »

axisofunity wrote:I'm in Oxford at the moment, I might be able to pop along in my Mk2... It's 90 miles each way *_^

Last time I went to one of these meets my headgasket went, so please wish me better luck this time.

Do you have a postcode for it, gives me better directions on the way... And finally, I'm sorry but I've not yet fitted my carbon fibre Engine Cowling :( Sorry!

yeah mate, it's about the same for me distance wise. Best of luck with he engine dude!

Post code is DE72 2HL :)
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

Sorry I didn't make it!

:(

Had to spend the day otherwise engagaged on family business :(
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Well what a waste of time and money :roll: 3 cars in total! 3 ******* cars including mine and craigs. And the other, a blue mk1, very nice BTW wasn't even a member of an MR2 club. Now is this saying something??? is this good??? NO

Next time if you say you are going, FFS can you please turn up or at least give craig or me notice if you can't attend. 180 miles worth of petrol down the drain FFS [-X It's not good enough and it aint on!

/Rant over!

The guy witth the mk1, (Andy???), nice clean car matey, love the exhaust and flames. I have your videos if you want them :wink:
Mr Two

Post by Mr Two »

Well Dale........... thats my thoughts exactly :x .I turned up as i said i would,albeit not until just after 12.30 to find a car park FULL of SCOOBIES :? !!!!!!!!!!!!not a "2" in sight :-k .Ended up smothered by at least 30 Scoobies so decided to have a chat to them fellas for a while.Then drove from pub 2 pub trying to see if you had all moved on somewhere else.Then i gave up and came home via McD's :) got home about half an hour ago.Good afternoon that was........

Dave :x
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

:? we were there from 10.50 to about 12.45, so me must have just missed you!
CJ B

Post by CJ B »

How long do you guys normally spend on a meet?
Usually on a Sunday I wake up late with a hangover, I once posted to say that I would come to a Derby meet but didnt turn up as it would of been too late by the time I could of got there. I normally toy with the idea of just turning up un-announced but then its Sunday afternoon again / hangover etc.
If we knew where you would all be for the day then it would be easier to turn up when we had recovered from Saturday night :shaking:
How about an itinery i.e. which pub next or a contact number for people who dont make it on time / get lost etc.
Mr Two

Post by Mr Two »

I checked on Imoc events section just before i left to see if anybody had posted anything to say they weren't going but as no-one had said then i presumed those who said they were turning up would be there :wink: .Think what we need is each others mob no's to keep in touch in case this happens again or we'll end up not having any meetings at all :roll: We should take a leaf out of those Scooby owners i was speaking to today and then we'd have a really good meet :D
shafster

Post by shafster »

sorry i didnt make it guys, i did text craig to let him know. i was really looking forward to it all week as well :(

as you may know my mum is in hospital, she's been there since yesterday. she came down with apendicitus on friday and had her apendix removed today at 1pm.

i got back from the hospital over an hour ago and am shattered as i've been there since 9am, very stressful as there were a few complications along the way.

anyhow, again im really sorry :(
Mr Two

Post by Mr Two »

No worries mate.Do hope she's ok.Look forward to seeing you next time :wink:
shafster

Post by shafster »

she seems to be over the worst touch wood.

yeah, i will deffo attend all future meets as im only 15 minutes away and likewise look forward to catching up with you and the rest of the crew :)
craig

Post by craig »

Dale_V wrote:Well what a waste of time and money :roll: 3 cars in total! 3 ******* cars including mine and craigs. And the other, a blue mk1, very nice BTW wasn't even a member of an MR2 club. Now is this saying something??? is this good??? NO

Next time if you say you are going, FFS can you please turn up or at least give craig or me notice if you can't attend. 180 miles worth of petrol down the drain FFS [-X It's not good enough and it aint on!

/Rant over!

The guy witth the mk1, (Andy???), nice clean car matey, love the exhaust and flames. I have your videos if you want them :wink:

Yeah, I totally second this! I was extremely annoyed what a waste of money I spent on petrol. 90 miles each way to park in a car park for an hour is just ridiculous.

Like Dale says, If your not intending on turning up then PM me or Dale as soon as to avoid this pointless waste of money.

If I knew that it was just going to be me and Dale going, I would have cancelled the meet.

VERY POOR SHOW AS A CLUB GUYS! :evil:

If the guy with MK1 is reading this, nice clean car mate!!!

Shaf, thanks for texting me and hope your mum is ok.

Craig
Shandy

Post by Shandy »

Ill keep my eye out for the next meet, prob pop along if i can & ill see if i can drum up any trade from my end.

hopefully a bigger turnout next time!

Andy
dabcabc

Post by dabcabc »

I'll definately be along for the next one, was driving back from Gloucestershire today, didn't get to Derby till about 3pm. Did Andy show you his afterburners then?
craig

Post by craig »

Shandy wrote:Ill keep my eye out for the next meet, prob pop along if i can & ill see if i can drum up any trade from my end.

hopefully a bigger turnout next time!

Andy

Ok cool mate, exhaust was awesome! :D
craig

Post by craig »

dabcabc wrote:I'll definately be along for the next one, was driving back from Gloucestershire today, didn't get to Derby till about 3pm. Did Andy show you his afterburners then?

Yeah mate, massive flames! =D>

Return to “Past Events”