[Mk2] [NA] Car running rough after sitting for a while

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Urban Assault Vehicle

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Car running rough after sitting for a while

Post by Urban Assault Vehicle »

I'm not really a mechanical man but could it be something to do with the O2 sensor?

I had a similar type problem with erractic revs on a previous car and a new O2 sensor seemed to clear it up.
milan

Post by milan »

I've done a diagnostics on it so don't think that it could be the O2 sensor as the diagnostics check showed that everything was normal.

Yesterday i took off the throttle body and gave it a good clean as it had alot of carbon build up on it.

I am going to order a set of new leads and plugs, im just going to get copper plugs for around £10, anyone know where the cheapest place to get leads are?
Urban Assault Vehicle

Post by Urban Assault Vehicle »

The majority of people tend to replace the leads with original Toyota ones, they seem to be the best.
JOHNM400

Post by JOHNM400 »

I doubt very much its the ignition leads and you said you had changed the plugs already? Did you start the car in the dark and look for signs of the ignition leads tracking out to earth as i told you on the other page?

Does the temp gauge go to around halfway or just under when the engine warms up? Once there it should not move around at all if you go for a drive. It sounds like you could have air in the cooling system causing the temp sensor to give the ecu an unstable reading which in turn messes the fueling up.

Return to “Mechanical”