[Mk2] [Turbo] Help!! Rev 1 keeps overboosting and going into limp home mode :(

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

chriminator100

[Mk2] [Turbo] Help!! Rev 1 keeps overboosting and going into limp home mode :(

Post by chriminator100 »

Hi all,
For just on a week now my rev 1 turbo has had a bit of a problem. Every time i accelerate hard, it will go into limp home mode with an error code of 34. I have an accurate boost guage and it says its peaking at 1.0 hkpa/bar and iirc thats too high. As far as mods go, i have an fcd, downpipe and mongoose exhaust and thats about it. Its also had all iggy components replaced within the last 1500 miles. Any ideas what it could be? or do i just buy an mbc. thanks. chris w
3sgte

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Help!! Rev 1 keeps overboosting and going into limp home mode :(

Post by 3sgte »

souds like your fcd isn't set-up

just a try , unplug and block the vacum line going to the map sensor , be very careful with the boost , dont exceed 1.1bar and see if the cut still happens , if it doesn't then the fcd will need adjusting

to be honest the cars houldn't be boosting like that with no boost controller

might be worth having a good nosey aroeund all the little pipes off the turbo ,going to the actuator , and t-vsv , any of those leaking will cause overboost

Also worth an idea is what sort of downpipe have you got , has been known for some to restrict the wastegate flap which again will cause overboosting

Plenty of ideas to be getting on with there .
chriminator100

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Help!! Rev 1 keeps overboosting and going into limp home mode :(

Post by chriminator100 »

aaah, thanks feller. will have a poke about. hows your new car getting on? ta

Return to “Electrical”