[Mk2] [Generic] Sound's in 2's

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

djlee_dj

[Mk2] [Generic] Sound's in 2's

Post by djlee_dj »

so what is the usual upgrade ?

im thinking of leaving it as how it is .... accept adding a wee 2 channel amp to run 6x9s.

i was thinking of putting them in the boxes behind the seats - but i just this second realised that i have a sub behind there. damn

any thought ? what the 'norm' for 2s ?

i have a wee phoenix gold 8" x 8" amp so its small enough to concel

thanks guys. any ideas.

i have 6x9s, amp , (most) wiring etc lying about so ideally dont want to be shelling out on new stuff

santa may be bringing me a cd/dvd for christmas but that is unconifrmed :cry:
Urban Assault Vehicle

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Sound's in 2's

Post by Urban Assault Vehicle »

Hi mate,

The vast majority from what I read on here is that people just upgrade the door speakers to 6.5" Component speakers, they need spacers though.

I have been told in the past that running 6x9's as well is a bit overkill in the '2.

If you get some good components and an amp to run them (and a sub if you wish) it would sound the dogs.

Neil_Turbo is a good guy to ask about this, helped me out loads when I was pondering what to buy. He started a thread in this section a while back with a list of what people are running.

Can be found here:
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... highlight=
djlee_dj

Post by djlee_dj »

nice1 , i shall have a nosey through and see what i come up with
johnnymr2

Post by johnnymr2 »

6x9s behind the seat are a no no. they will ruin the sound staging as the sound is supposed to come from the front. as said above a decent set of comps in the std place, ran from a matched amp. if you go for a sub, the size is totally dependant on what type of music you listen to
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

seconded 6*9s just wont work in the small volume of the boxes
Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

I have pheonix gold tantrum series 4 channel amp in the frunk running a bridged 200W RMS for my 12" Kenwood Sub in a nice sloping sealed box behind passenger seat. the other 2 channels from amp run the front 6.5" Mac audio speakers/tweeters/x-over units.@100 watts rms pumping in each.

The New Alpine 9812RR runs just the small standard rears. Thats all I want it to do. Even tho it says 60watts not powerful for me :wink:

so 3 pre-outputs 4vs doing all the work.

Sound stage is perfect. Bass sounds blended in and you wouldnt know where its from infact from the front most of the time! awsome bass.

Return to “ICE and Security”