[Mk2] [Generic] Cars been scratched

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mike

[Mk2] [Generic] Cars been scratched

Post by Mike »

Some scumbag has scratched my brothers G-Limited twice! :mad: The first scratch appeared a couple of days ago running halfway along the door and down the front wing. Then this morning he found another scratch running from the rear wing and joining the original scratch on the door.
The scratches are down to the metal but does anyone know of any products that can go some way to removing them?
As Im sure you can imagine he is pretty gutted about this, his car was mint.
These kind of people really do my nut! :evil:
skipp123

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Cars been scratched

Post by skipp123 »

find the xxxxx and chop hes balls off! people like this really p1$$ me off why cant they leave there dirty hands to them selfs, try maguires polish its usualy fairly good to get light marks out. sorry to hear this
Caribbean_Blue

Post by Caribbean_Blue »

Leave the car where it was when scratched sit and wait hidden. If the person goes to do it again...

Politely ask him why :bball: :rambo: :eye:
Running: 313.8BHP @ fly and 285lb torque on 1.15bar.
MY MR2 FOR SALE: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=109986
Andy Champ

Post by Andy Champ »

Mike wrote:The scratches are down to the metal but does anyone know of any products that can go some way to removing them?

Down the the metal? The only thing is paint. You can't polish it out unless you remove all the paint, which is probably a bad idea.

Oh, and a CCTV camera might be handy... there's a thread on on-board camera fitting somewhere.

Andy
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Dude that sucks :(

There are too many cnuts on this planet for my liking :evil:

Paint is the only way me thinks...?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Thanks for the responses, that dashboard CCTV sounds handy, I'll do a search. We think we know who did it, just got to make sure we know for sure that it was them before we show them the error of their ways. :twisted:
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

You could always try that chip stick, rub loads of it in the scratch to build it up.... buff it off, then use some colour wax, It wont get rid of it but might look slightly less obvious..... Gotta be worth a shot for a tenner :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Sorry to hear that mate

What is the point? :mad: :evil:
inky

Post by inky »

Another nasty thing that happens (has happened twice to mine) ...

Someone spitting on your windscreen, and it drying overnight.

Sickening, and horrible to clean off. Not as bad as having a scratch, but a very personal thing to do to someone's motor.

[-(
mr2daz

Post by mr2daz »

inky wrote:Another nasty thing that happens (has happened twice to mine) ...

Someone spitting on your windscreen, and it drying overnight.

Sickening, and horrible to clean off. Not as bad as having a scratch, but a very personal thing to do to someone's motor.

[-(

Indeed. I had that happen on New Years Eve last year, some idiot gobbed on my CF bonnet while my car was parked outside my GF's house. Things like this really make me wanna puke, i'd rather have fresh green birdie poo with a half digested worm in it.

Scratching someones car though, someone would be risking their life if they did it to mine. :twisted:
“There’s class warfare all right, but it’s my class, the rich class that’s making war, and we’re winning.” Warren Buffett
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

Sorry to hear this mate but are you sure your bro doesnt have an enemy somewhere? For it to happen the once is the work of an idiot but twice? Sounds personal. :-k

Bobby
westham2306

Post by westham2306 »

Reecey690 wrote:Leave the car where it was when scratched sit and wait hidden. If the person goes to do it again...

no.. dont do that.. follow him home.. check out his car..

and return the favour...

scummers like this dont give a toss about your car.. but do the same to them.. and they think twice!
i once had it about 12 years ago..
guy came into the pub and commented on my "funny paint job on my harley davidson"
some kid had poured nitromors on my bike.....!
found out who it was ( deffo 100%)
went into pub and commented on his vespas bright paint job....

he said " its black"

i said "oh? looks like its on fire"

and supped my pint with a smile !!! :roll:
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

westham2306 wrote:
Reecey690 wrote:Leave the car where it was when scratched sit and wait hidden. If the person goes to do it again...

no.. dont do that.. follow him home.. check out his car..

and return the favour...

scummers like this dont give a toss about your car.. but do the same to them.. and they think twice!
i once had it about 12 years ago..
guy came into the pub and commented on my "funny paint job on my harley davidson"
some kid had poured nitromors on my bike.....!
found out who it was ( deffo 100%)

he said " its black"

and supped my pint with a smile !!! :roll:

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Who needs Charles Bronson with you around!!!!

bobby
nuttasie

b@astards

Post by nuttasie »

sorry to hear about your misfortune.People like this really do my head and in my opinion need a good old fashioned beating,ussually mindless idiots who do not now the meaning of work and are plain jealous of someone having a nice car and as such probably think you are loaded so it don't matter.Even tho could have took u years to get it the way u wanted etc etc.

when this has happened to me in the past ,I.Unless u are confident of your ability do not attempt the below or u could make it alot worse.

1,use a thin p/brush and put 1 layer of primer in th gash,only covering the bare metal(make sure do not cover the visible paint line which u will see in the scratch).any overlap can be rubbed off with 1200,1500 wet'n'dry

2,paint a layer of paint in the scratch,again making sure to not be higher than the paint line(surface).any overlap can be rubbed off with 1200,1500 wet'n'dry

3,finally fill the remaining ditch a layer at a time with laquer,once proud of the surface with laquer lighly sand excess off with 1200,1500 wet'n'dry then polish.

depending on the scratch and the original condition of the paint,unless u have got the eye for such things it will be hard to notice.failing this it will be a repaint job.

HTH
sie
dawolf

Post by dawolf »

That's a bu88er mate. Not nice to think others are trying to spoil your brother's pride and joy. I'm sure it's only the UK and USA where these kinds of things happen. Damn, in Japan cars don't even have alarms cos there's virtually no crime.
GTS-ANDY

Post by GTS-ANDY »

he said " its black"

and supped my pint with a smile !!!

NICE :thumleft:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

nuttasie:very good effort =D> ,doing spraypainting at college just now and the only way you will get that sorted properly is to get the whole side painted professionaly...its very unfortunate but its the only way to get it back to normal,failing that you could get stick on stripes or words and cover it up that way...you could try nuttasies way if money is tight cause that is the best advice youll get without having to respray the whole side off the car.....
or better still there is now an excuse to get your whole car sprayed to the colour ud really like it... :wink:
sorry to hear about any car getting damaged..
&**&ers. :^o and thieves
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

yeh ,my suggestion for fixing was based on the short term but as long as the scratch is a thin one it works extremely well if done properly and the average joe won't notice.

The only way to sort worse than a thin scratch is to repaint but this cost dollarssss.
Andy Champ

Post by Andy Champ »

dawolf wrote:That's a bu88er mate. Not nice to think others are trying to spoil your brother's pride and joy. I'm sure it's only the UK and USA where these kinds of things happen. Damn, in Japan cars don't even have alarms cos there's virtually no crime.

ISTR in Japan you aren't allowed a proper car unless you can prove you have off-road parking. That is not one above the microcar rules of 600cc that fit things like the Copen.

Andy
dawolf

Post by dawolf »

It's all well and good getting it resprayed but what if the scumbag returns and scratches it again. Even more expense. Doing it through the insurance will cause you to lose some NCB :( .

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”