[Mk2] [Turbo] Oh poo

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mark Edwards

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Oh poo

Post by Mark Edwards »

splintermcinnes wrote:what will become of the Monster FEdwards beast of an engine??!! :shock:

It looks like it might have a new home already. \:D/
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
splintermcinnes

Post by splintermcinnes »

cool. nice to know it will live on.

nice to see your sticking with the toyota family aswell. although if its handeling your after theres always the Mk1!!!!! :mrgreen:

nice to see you cleared your head of that crazy idea about diesel!!!!! :thumleft:
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:I had a girlfriend for 4 months and she never even came in my room lol.

practice then mate - they make funny noises when they do :oldtongue:
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

splintermcinnes wrote:cool. nice to know it will live on.

nice to see your sticking with the toyota family aswell. although if its handeling your after theres always the Mk1!!!!! :mrgreen:

nice to see you cleared your head of that crazy idea about diesel!!!!! :thumleft:

Although the mk1's have their followers, i'm afraid i'll always be a mk2 man.

Really did want to stick with toyota and that engine with a few mods and the motec stuck on it should be quick enough to keep me happy for now and can be mapped to give decent enough fuel economy too.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
splintermcinnes

Mark Edwards wrote:
splintermcinnes wrote:cool. nice to know it will live on.

Although the mk1's have their followers, i'm afraid i'll always be a mk2 man.

Really did want to stick with toyota and that engine with a few mods and the motec stuck on it should be quick enough to keep me happy for now and can be mapped to give decent enough fuel economy too.

know what you mean bout the Mk1's i Nearly went for one when i hit a bad money patch a while back. but i hung in there and scrapped by, managed to keep the tubby! :mrgreen: well good luck with the new car. who is getting the engine? :-k
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:I had a girlfriend for 4 months and she never even came in my room lol.

nightSpirit

Post by nightSpirit »

Nice to see you joining the dark side Mark...take an EP91 or 82 (in my case...second one I've owned), strip it out, tune it up and it's a great track and road weapon..cheap to insure, tax and run :)

check out my progress www.night-spirit.co.uk/blog
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

splintermcinnes wrote:who is getting the engine? :-k

I'll let them say when they're ready to. I need to check it all out first, don't want to sell it if it's damaged in any way.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
nightSpirit

Post by nightSpirit »

Well without writing my 2 off, I may have a 400hp engine and other bits up for sale soon.

Feel free to give me £9000 or the region of that for the whole though Markyboy ;)
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

nightSpirit wrote:Well without writing my 2 off, I may have a 400hp engine and other bits up for sale soon.

Feel free to give me £9000 or the region of that for the whole though Markyboy ;)

400hp starlet engine!!!! :shock: :shock:
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Surely you're putting the 3SGTE in the starlet?? \:D/

Glad to hear you've made a decision although must admit would have been nice to have got you back on your feet in a '2. Look forward to seeing the little wee nipper :twisted: (I'm talking about the car :roll: )

:D
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Leeroy wrote:Glad to hear you've made a decision although must admit would have been nice to have got you back on your feet in a '2. Look forward to seeing the little wee nipper :twisted: (I'm talking about the car :roll: )

:D

Been thinking very seriously about what to get next, this seems like a practical, but still fairly fun choice. It won't even be quater of the power output of the mr, but could be a good laugh and made to handle how i want it to.

Will be odd having a £1000 ecu fitted to a £1500 car though. :eye:
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
splintermcinnes

any pics of the new car, which model you going for, im not too familiar with that car?! and christ! didnt realise how much the ECU cost! :shock:
EDIT: just done a search
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 18290&rd=1

nice looking beast!! 8) :twisted: :thumleft:
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:

Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

splintermcinnes wrote:any pics of the new car, which model you going for, im not too familiar with that car?! and christ! didnt realise how much the ECU cost! :shock:

It's an EP91 starlet n/a. Loads on auto trader at the mo.

Yup, why do you think most people go for the apexi pfc. :eye:
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

I used to own a Starlet before my 2 MR2s, it was a N/A and have to say I loved it! Great little car and good fun to drive, I had it for 3 years and the only thing I had to change in that time was a full set of tyres, that it!!

8)
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Leeroy wrote:I used to own a Starlet before my 2 MR2s, it was a N/A and have to say I loved it! Great little car and good fun to drive, I had it for 3 years and the only thing I had to change in that time was a full set of tyres, that it!!

8)

That's what i like to hear. 8)
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
nightSpirit

Post by nightSpirit »

NA?

N f'ing A?

Edwards sort it out...get one fitted with 4e fte...turbo power. Tuneable pretty easily, many have over 300hp in the UK, I'm aiming for 300hp at the wheels on phase 2 of the project.

The record is 450ps in Japan by a company called HRF, topped out at 297.3kph. Get one right and on the track it'll deal with a lot of cars it shouldn't.

Vid here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ZiSPNW6tg ignore my sarcastic comments ;)
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

nightSpirit wrote:NA?

N f'ing A?

Edwards sort it out...get one fitted with 4e fte...turbo power. Tuneable pretty easily, many have over 300hp in the UK, I'm aiming for 300hp at the wheels on phase 2 of the project.

The record is 450ps in Japan by a company called HRF, topped out at 297.3kph. Get one right and on the track it'll deal with a lot of cars it shouldn't.

Vid here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ZiSPNW6tg ignore my sarcastic comments ;)

LOL, yes my friend....n/a=cheap. :wink:

Good little vid that, wish i knew japanese though.

And the comments are funny too. :eye:
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

Mark Edwards wrote:Well, i appreciate all the support and very generous offers from everyone, but i think i've made my mind up on what i'm doing now.

After speaking to a friend about his for his opinion on them, i've decided as i really can't afford to maintain a monster anymore, i'm going to get an EP91 toyota starlet and stick the motec on it. Going to go purely for handling this time rather than power. Should be a cheaper project for me until i win the lottery and build a maniac mr2. :mrgreen:

Just got to wait for the insurance money to come and then project starlet begins. 8)

So r u gonna buy back the FE and break it. please tell you will. you'llmake a nice big fat earner out of it that way with both insurance AND selling profit. Please tell me youre not gonna let that beautiful collection of parts sit ina yard being manhandled by a breaker?

Bobby
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:Please tell me youre not gonna let that beautiful collection of parts sit ina yard being manhandled by a breaker?

Hell no!!!

I've already got a list of buyers for various bits, including the engine and box. :thumleft:
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

Mark Edwards wrote:
Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:Please tell me youre not gonna let that beautiful collection of parts sit ina yard being manhandled by a breaker?

Hell no!!!

I've already got a list of buyers for various bits, including the engine and box. :thumleft:

Well , if your minds made up and youre gonna throw all the help weve offered straight back into our faces then i guess the very least you can do is end this episode in your life with a tribute thread to The Great Merc FE. Would be nice to see it through its stages of development just one more time.

To all Mark achieved with his beast, I say well done mate and youve been an inspiration and a reason to be MR2-proud over the last few years. its been good mate.

Hats off to you good sir! :thumleft:

Bobby
splintermcinnes

indeed, second that motion! :thumleft:

and damn those smileys!!!!! #-o

(i see you edited it before i posted there!!)
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”