Porsche Boxster drivers - bigger knobs than Beemer drivers?

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Amelio

Re: Porsche Boxster drivers - bigger knobs than Beemer drivers?

Post by Amelio »

I was going to reply as i really dont need to defend myself to all you pointless complainers.

Look people - get off your high horse, i aint a chav, my car isnt worth less than £2500 (dick whoever said that!) I dont go racing around everyday. I have pride in my car and my driving. Put your hands up if you have 8 years no claims since the age of 17?

I clearly stated in my second post that i understand encouraging racing in built up areas is not sensible and i also stated that it was a 30 coming into a 60 on a straight road,

But...no...people just cant wait to jump in and have a go...its like you saying "please, please love me because i said the correct thing and told this naughty man off"....SHUT IT BENDERS...i dont give a flying xxxx what you think!

Before anyone wants to have another go...re-read my first 2 posts in this topic before you actually read the thread you bunch of sheep

BAAAARRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... ](*,)
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

Theres a big difference between driving fast and driving dangerously. Speed does however increase the danger, but does not, in my opinion make it excessivly dangerous to a point.

Its more dangerous monuvres and risking driving that causes problems, you can crash and die driving by the law on your way to work.

80% of the members wouldnt be here if they did not like driving fast.

I laugh everytime I see these posts and everyone start having a go at people, hes in the wrong and I agree, but im sure you all have better things to do than play mummy and daddy on imoc.

Graeme
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

don't really bother posting in this section much, mainly because of the bashing that goes on - still i understand the need of the forum not to be seen as promoting unlawful behaviour.

the mr2 is a sports car and will be driven as such. that's why people buy them. complaining because the car is cheaper to get hold of now isn't going to help, just make people think you're an arrogant ass.

i share your views on boxster drivers BTW.
Amelio

Post by Amelio »

Can we just summarise why I'm in the wrong here? - oh yeah, i went 5 mph above 30 before i was actually in the 60 zone.

Like i said...30 coming into 60 zone, straight road ahead, no danger, just didnt let him overtake coz he was a willy.

Where is the irresponsible driving here? What, myself going ROUND a round about and driving onto a bypass and then HIM (yes, the reason i posted this topic you idiots) over-taking me without care - the reason i was pi$$ed off was due to this irratic move.

I dont give a xxxx if someone wants to over-take me, but when they almost cause an accident in front of me if kinda fcuks me off hence the "i want to kick his mindless head in" or is that something you just let people get on with, happy that this sort of thing happens.

God, except a few, you lot are an absolute bunch of morons on here and its got worse over the last few years. Big heads, think you own the forum, only give advise between your inter-breeding groups. In fact i wanna change the topic title to ... oh no, better not say.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Amelio wrote:Can we just summarise why I'm in the wrong here? - oh yeah, i went 5 mph above 30 before i was actually in the 60 zone.

Like i said...30 coming into 60 zone, straight road ahead, no danger, just didnt let him overtake coz he was a willy.

Where is the irresponsible driving here? What, myself going ROUND a round about and driving onto a bypass and then HIM (yes, the reason i posted this topic you idiots) over-taking me without care - the reason i was pi$$ed off was due to this irratic move.

I dont give a xxxx if someone wants to over-take me, but when they almost cause an accident in front of me if kinda fcuks me off hence the "i want to kick his mindless head in" or is that something you just let people get on with, happy that this sort of thing happens.

God, except a few, you lot are an absolute bunch of morons on here and its got worse over the last few years. Big heads, think you own the forum, only give advise between your inter-breeding groups. In fact i wanna change the topic title to ... oh no, better not say.

The biggest problem i have with what you did is that you accelerated to prevent the porsche driver overtaking you. That in itself is an idiotic and dangerous manouevre. So in effect you started it.

Maybe just maybe you are just as a big a willy as he was?

:thumbdown:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Amelio

Post by Amelio »

Look pal, do us a favour and shut your trap...its like a broken record - a xxxx one at that!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Amelio wrote:Look pal, do us a favour and shut your trap...its like a broken record - a xxxx one at that!

I am not your pal. The fact is that you were making the situation dangerous by putting your foot down whilst another car was trying to overtake you.

Can you not see that?

BTW I will not stand for abusive posts.
Amelio

Post by Amelio »

BTW this post was not abusive until Earl called me a d!ckhead and Johhny G a hand jockey - it was these two that started the abuse not me. OK!

Straight road, coming into 60 zone, guy starts to over take, i.e. gave the intial up my ass and slight serve but realised i had started to accelerate - what you normally do out of a junction. End of story...

Please Lauren, do me favour and read my first 2 posts, i think you'll find that i agreed with the whole not causing an accident thing.

Man i love this forum :roll: - get a bee in their bonnet and thats it, cemented there for life.
johnp

Post by johnp »

On the other hand.....
You overtake someone,in a perfectly safe and legal manner,you then glance in your rear view mirror and see they are flashing their headlights.

What does this signify??
lower

Post by lower »

Amelio wrote:Please Lauren, do me favour and read my first 2 posts, i think you'll find that i agreed with the whole not causing an accident thing.

so if you know you're in the wrong, why post in the first place? OK, the porsche driver might have been driving like an ar$e, but you were too by blocking him.
lower

Post by lower »

johnp wrote:On the other hand.....
You overtake someone,in a perfectly safe and legal manner,you then glance in your rear view mirror and see they are flashing their headlights.

What does this signify??

you've got your rear fog lights on :)
Amelio

Post by Amelio »

When did i say i was in the wrong mate?

No...thats right, i didnt! I said i agree with not causing accidents i.e. driving stupily in a built up area, this was NOT.

God, this repetition is starting to wear thin.

Any more dumb replies out there???????
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Amelio wrote:
Please Lauren, do me favour and read my first 2 posts, i think you'll find that i agreed with the whole not causing an accident thing.

Man i love this forum :roll: - get a bee in their bonnet and thats it, cemented there for life.

I've re-read your posts. I still think though that if you had let the guy past in the first place that none of this would have happenned. If i ever get anyone hassling me, i pull over and let them past. I'd rather they were where i can see them.
Ian Geary

Post by Ian Geary »

This discussion is proceeding as per IMOC normal.

But this I think is an interesting comment:

Amelio wrote:

think you own the forum, only give advise between your inter-breeding groups.

especially when the post below is viewed.

2 different posters, 2 different cars, 2 completely different reasons and attitudes for the events arising, but crucially exactly the same principle: 2 cars for whatever reason speeding on the UK roads.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

One guy gets shredded, and some personal abuse thrown in.
One guy gets warmly congratulated.

What is Amelio (or any other IMOC users) going to draw from this other than there are 2 sets of rules dependant on the poster's forum profile?

Now, I know the circumstances leading to these 2 posts are utterly different. JJ and his mate were acting in concert, whereas I doubt the Boxster driver would even acknowledge another car could touch his.

But for the "moral", "legal" or "common sense" arguments being championed against the orignal poster on this thread, these differences are irrelevant - 100mph is still 100mph whoever is doing it.

Now the disclaimer, before I become the most unpopular person since Cromwell banned Christmas.

I posted this not to condemn anyone speeding - hell I do it at one time or the other, along with 90% other motorists in the UK.

It wasn't because I'm on the side of Amelio - accelerating to prevent a car overtaking isn't massively sensible, (but I don't think it shouldn't be the IMOC equivalent of a capital offence either).

Nor did I do it to show up JJ, who though I've never met, I respect a lot due to the time/effort he puts into here helping people (me amongst others when my rebuild was getting sticky) and his massive enthusiamn for all things 3S-GTE reated.

I did it because I think it's important that this is acknowledged. I don't think you can't have your IMOC cake of supporting speeding by the big fish, and still eat it by condemming the minnows when they do.

Right, that's enough analogies for me now.

Ian
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Amelio, can I just appologise. :oops:

Feel sorry for you now. You've taken a battering on here.

I wasn't suggesting that you are a chav or that your car was worth less than £2500, just that a lot of bashing is down to class divides = fast cheap car versus expensive fast car

This might sound stupid, but you saying that you have 8 years NCB actually says a lot.

I got a bashing on the EVO forum recently because I contributed to a thread saying that people who hit 70/80mph on the entry slips and just expect to be let in without having to assess the road really annoy me, and that I don't let them in if there is plenty of room in front and behind of me.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Ian Geary wrote:
It wasn't because I'm on the side of Amelio - accelerating to prevent a car overtaking isn't massively sensible, (but I don't think it shouldn't be the IMOC equivalent of a capital offence either).

I did it because I think it's important that this is acknowledged. I don't think you can't have your IMOC cake of supporting speeding by the big fish, and still eat it by condemming the minnows when they do.

Right, that's enough analogies for me now.

Ian

I agree with you peoples reactions should be fair. I cannot condone speeding on IMOC irrespective of whether or not i do it myself.

I still maintain that it is beyond stupidity to accelerate to prevent a car overtaking you. This is the kind of thing i wish people would get points for. I have lost count of the number of times i've gone to overtake a car (normally because they are like a sloth round every corner) and they've sped up. Most of the time i can carry enough speed to execute the manouevre in relative (but reduced) safety, but the idiot that has accelerated is putting me and them at far greater risk all for the sake of a stupid ego and that absolutely idiotic male macho crap of "nobody overtakes me" bloodymindedness.

As you can tell it drives me absolutely nuts.
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

I wish more people overtook on the A and B roads. Instead, they all just sit 15m apart doing 45/50mph like sheep. So you have to overtake them all or nothing as there isn't room to do one at a time.

Overtaking should always be at your own risk, however. If you gain on someone because they are slow round the corners why wouldn't you expect them to accelerate up again once through the corner.

I don't think the Tubby owners get into such scrapes!!!

Also, let's all live in the real world - we all speed. Doing 40 in a built up area is out of order, but 70 in good conditions (or even 80 - 90) on an open stretch of A road is imo not comparable.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

mattcambs wrote:So do I Lauren, but out of the cars I was considering, the E36 (great cars that they are) are the one that, imo has lost it's premium status the most. Real shame.

dervbas wrote:
I agree with the author and quite happily Porsche bash on the Boxters... as in a previous post where I got slated (surprisingly!) I agree and think buyers of the Boxter are people who can't afford a proper Porsche like a 911 turbo so opt for the poor-man's (relatively) model. Good thread Amelio. =D>

The trouble is a boxster is a real porsche. Spending 30K+ on a car hardly qualifies you as poor!

Exactly! Plus they are fantastic cars too.

The whole Porsche/BMW/whoever bashing thing is mainly just poor man versus rich man jealousy. The same people that bash expensive car drivers are the ones that if they had the expensive car themselves would look down on drivers of "inferior" sports cars.

Its more a case of rich people mostly being dumb and thinking if they buy a porsche that they can whup 'old bangers' like mr2s. But what they dont realise is the japland turbo will whup some ass :lol:
Al-sw20

Post by Al-sw20 »

mr2nut123 wrote:Its more a case of rich people mostly being dumb and thinking if they buy a porsche that they can whup 'old bangers' like mr2s. But what they dont realise is the japland turbo will whup some ass :lol:

I wouldn't care if you beat my M3 in your tubby. At the end of the day I'll be parking a M3 into my garage, you will be parking your Toyota on the street.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

mattcambs wrote:

Overtaking should always be at your own risk, however. If you gain on someone because they are slow round the corners why wouldn't you expect them to accelerate up again once through the corner.

I don't think the Tubby owners get into such scrapes!!!

But my point is that you are sitting behind someone going round a corner, you then wait for an overtaking opportunity (their speed has levelled off by this point) and the you go to overtake and they accelerate to close the gap. Why?

Return to “Driving Experiences”