[Mk2] [Turbo] Oh poo

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

raptor95GTS

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Oh poo

Post by raptor95GTS »

mark glad you made it out ok, to see that much work destroyed in seconds must be heartbreaking. Never fear, you know tent peg man will rise again 8-[. Again glad you made it out ok
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

allan welsh wrote:mark glad you made it out ok, to see that much work destroyed in seconds must be heartbreaking. Never fear, you know tent peg man will rise again 8-[. Again glad you made it out ok

Cheers fella. :thumleft:
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

I've only just had a look at this thread so forgive me for not responding sooner Mark!

What can I say old chum :? Looking at those pics honestly brought a little tear to my eye buddy. I have known you for some time now and know exactly what has gone in to your car in terms of money, sweat, blood, tears and all round effort. It takes a great deal of love for the owner to put that much in and it really saddens me to see it end like this for you mate :cry:

On the bright side and like already mentioned I'm glad you came out ok. It is of course only metal at the end of the day, although it's metal I'm more than sure you loved, it can be replaced/rebuilt or simply left as it is. If you had been damaged (more than you already was before the accident of course lol) it truely would have been a sad day for iMOC! #-o

I'd also like to offer my help as Bry has, to help you in anyway I possibly can Mark. Your a good egg in my book and like i've mentioned before, "us old timers of iMOC need to stick together" ;) Even if you simply want me to act as a character witness should you decide to go for a job as Crash Test Dummy! :lol: :clown:

Best,
Mikejc
3S Service Centre

Post by 3S Service Centre »

got a very clean rev1 chassis if you want it mate, freebie just to see that monster back on the road.

Glad your ok.
James
call James on 01256 883386 or 07786073755
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

3S Service Centre wrote:got a very clean rev1 chassis if you want it mate, freebie just to see that monster back on the road.

Glad your ok.
James

Now that's the IMOC spirit, well done James. I know for a fact he's been offered at least one lend of an mr2 to get him by too, awesome community when it needs to be.
Yas

Post by Yas »

Oouch, i'm sorry to hear that Mark, as everyone has said glad you came out of it ok. But i can imagine the hurt of seeing your pride and joy in that state :(
Low Spec!
RIP TweenieRob
http://www.eshishaonline.com
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Mark,

Really sorry to hear this mate! Shocking stuff. Glad you are ok though!

Hope the insurance thing goes well.

Will speak soon bud.
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

DAmm!! thats nasty! glad ur ok! -can you not claim for the uneven road surfaces? was there any warning signs? -rember if you damage a wheel/tire on a pot hole, you can get compensation for it!!

neway.. is the motec salvagable? how much would you want for it?
mcoppen

Post by mcoppen »

Genuinely gutted for you mate. Couldnt believe it when i started reading the thread, had to double check that it was you that had posted it, and it was definatly your car. When i first started looking at tubbys last year, yours was one of the cars that really inspired me to get into MR2 ownership and was a really influence to what could be achieved with a 2. Have avidly watched vids of your car bombing down the drag strip, with great enjoyment. Truely is the end of a legend and a piece of MR2/imoc history. Dam crappy roads and wet conditions.

Mike
nikfarmer

Post by nikfarmer »

what a pisser...
your moddery and power outputs were of great interest to the modding community mate...shame to see a project destroyed..
btw..did you fill out your TWOBRUTAL donor card before the 'off'..? :whistle:
EarL

Post by EarL »

jonb- wrote:
3S Service Centre wrote:got a very clean rev1 chassis if you want it mate, freebie just to see that monster back on the road.

Glad your ok.
James

Now that's the IMOC spirit, well done James. I know for a fact he's been offered at least one lend of an mr2 to get him by too, awesome community when it needs to be.

I second that Jon.

C'mon Mark. Between a load of us, we can have you back on the road in no time. :wink:
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
MR2lover

Post by MR2lover »

Your gunna miss slaying all those supercars and bikes buddy :lol:

I dont think i could go down to a polo diesel matey but suppose it might be different if this happened to me. Maybe a wake up call :|

Would like to also add that marks car was the car i followed in the foot steps of regarding tuning. Will be sadly missed
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

:( harsh, glad you're ok though

hopefully you will be back with something as legendary in the future
RichardPON

Post by RichardPON »

Wounder! That must have been quite a moment as well!

Sorry to see it gone, but bottom line is, it is just a car/piece of metal etc..... Far more important things in this world to worry about.

Doesn't look like a bad reshell job though, but your call obviously.

Stay away from the Polos though - Golf TDi is the way forward....
pnjmcc

Post by pnjmcc »

Holy moly,

Now that IS a crying shame, but glad your OK though, it just goes to show that these crappy roads can catch any of us out.

I hope the insurance company come through for you

Regards
PaulM
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

looking at the pictures, just glad to hear you're okay after it.

you'll never get merc alloys to fit the polo diesel though, so you'll have to get another FE !

Real shame about the twisted metal, and really pleased you didn't get badly hurt
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Really REALLY gutted for you Mark. But at least you are in one peice!!

Think hard about reshelling, my step-father has got two MK2s sitting in his yard (black rev2s) and if I can donate parts I will. In fact one is sitting there without an engine I believe. :mrgreen:

T
millentubby

Post by millentubby »

:pale: awww mate gutted for ya.

At least you're alive to tell the tale.

Y'know if you throw 400bhp at a mk1 you'll have one of the worlds fastest mr2's ;););)

Take it easy fella...enjoy the important things this christmas. 8)
as8133

Post by as8133 »

Just heard about this from mr2oc so thought it post to reiterate what everyone else has said really. That car was one of the main reasons i got an mr2 and i'm sure many people feel the same. Gutted to see it like that but at least your ok. Spirit on this forum is second to none. =D>
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Wasn't entirely sure where this was going at the start, by the sounds of your first post I thought it was gona be a close call moment but seeing the skid marks in the 2nd pic was devatasting :cry:

I am shocked and stunned Mark, gutted, can't imagine what you are feeling, glad you're ok though :)

There's a really bad bump like that on the M25 junction 15 Southbound and it doesn't look like much but is horendous with a firm setup, luckily its in a straight line...

Its hard to know what to say at a time like this but take your time to mull things over for a bit and don't make any rash decisions. Give it a couple of weeks...

We've lost a part of IMOC that's for sure :|

I've no doubt you'll bounce back though mate, there's an awful lot of support for you here 8)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”