[Mk2] [Turbo] Oh poo

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mark Edwards

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Oh poo

Post by Mark Edwards »

SW20Paul wrote:That must have been intense to say the least :shock:

You could say that yes. I reacted immeditely to it, but it was already too late.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Reecey690 wrote:Oh mate thats a big smash. Glad your ok. Lifes a b1tch sometimes as we all know.

Please don't loose the passion Mark your a well valued voice on here. Let the dust settle for a little while, as someone said already reshell the powerhouse mate.

My sympathies Mark.

Reece

ps you have pm.

I'll still be here, just without the car.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
MR2lover

Post by MR2lover »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I cant believe it dude

A famous car is truely lost and i know how much you wanted to prove a ct26 can hit 400bhp :cry:

Very sad day

Well mate why dont you buy a mk1 and stick your engine in it cheap and even quicker

Hope the motec is alright in the back there, that things worth alot
Pete J

Post by Pete J »

:pale: :pale: :pale: :pale:

Utterly, utterly gutted when I saw those pics :(

As lauren said, re shell her Mark. Such an awesome car deserves to be kept intact.

Glad to hear you climbed out OK.
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

MR2lover wrote:Hope the motec is alright in the back there, that things worth alot

Now there's a lucky story.

Took it out last weekend at the eastbourne meet to show someone, couldn't get it to go back where it came from so just left it floating in the boot. Bloody good job i did, if it had been where it should have been the impact would have been right on it, as it is the ecu was a few inches to the left and survived intact. 8)
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Pete J wrote::pale: :pale: :pale: :pale:

Utterly, utterly gutted when I saw those pics :(

As lauren said, re shell her Mark. Such an awesome car deserves to be kept intact.

Glad to hear you climbed out OK.

Cheers Pete, no more chasing you on the motorway for me. :wink:
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
DannyW

Post by DannyW »

Mark, i dont get on here much any more but i have to say, i'm absolutely gutted for you, cannot believe what im seeing. Such a shame, i know you'd lost heart a bit of late but didn't expect this to be the way you would be saying farewell to MR2 ownership.

I know it's still early days but any plans for another car?
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

DannyW wrote:Mark, i dont get on here much any more but i have to say, i'm absolutely gutted for you, cannot believe what im seeing. Such a shame, i know you'd lost heart a bit of late but didn't expect this to be the way you would be saying farewell to MR2 ownership.

I know it's still early days but any plans for another car?

Cheers Danny, i was thinking of getting a diesel polo actually. 8)
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
steve

Post by steve »

bloody ell Mark, gutted for you mate :(
mr2daz

Post by mr2daz »

:shock:

Can't believe what i'm seeing, what a horrible thing to happen.
Really gutted for you Mark, glad you're in one piece though, looks like it could have been a lot worse.

:( :( :(
“There’s class warfare all right, but it’s my class, the rich class that’s making war, and we’re winning.” Warren Buffett
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Cheers guys, good to see the REAL imoc spirit is still alive and kicking. :thumleft:
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
Bry

Post by Bry »

Mate,I feel for you :( So pleased you are ok,shudder to think what could have happend :shock: We could re shell that car of yours in an afternoon,go on,you know it makes sense :lol: I'll come to you and help and I'm sure many others would too!!!
Watch out OZ here I come !!
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Bry wrote:Mate,I feel for you :( So pleased you are ok,shudder to think what could have happend :shock: We could re shell that car of yours in an afternoon,go on,you know it makes sense :lol: I'll come to you and help and I'm sure many others would too!!!

I'm humbled by the offer Bry, but i really can't be ar$ed with it all anymore unfortunately.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
[SiG]

Post by [SiG] »

Damn bad luck on the motor m8, but glad you're ok :thumleft:

I know the feeling, was gutted when I wrote my S2000 off in similar circumstances but again not a scratch so didn't feel *too* bad :)

A legend passes...:(
Bry

Post by Bry »

Mark Edwards wrote:
Bry wrote:Mate,I feel for you :( So pleased you are ok,shudder to think what could have happend :shock: We could re shell that car of yours in an afternoon,go on,you know it makes sense :lol: I'll come to you and help and I'm sure many others would too!!!

I'm humbled by the offer Bry, but i really can't be ar$ed with it all anymore unfortunately.

Well once the dust has settled and you've had time too think,if you change your mind let me know and I'll come down and I'll bring Nick with me and we'll make a day of it (if not I have a buyer for your ARB's)
If you need a car in the meantime you can borrow my Starion 8)
Watch out OZ here I come !!
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Bry wrote:
Mark Edwards wrote:

Well once the dust has settled and you've had time too think,if you change your mind let me know and I'll come down and I'll bring Nick with me and we'll make a day of it (if not I have a buyer for your ARB's)
If you need a car in the meantime you can borrow my Starion 8)

Cheers Bry, you're a good mate. Not sure on the state of the ARB's but i'll find out.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
EarL

Post by EarL »

What can I say mate.

After I found out earlier today, I felt numb. I'm so gutted for you. Thank god your still in one piece.

The community here has shown that when it comes to the crunch, it can dig deep and show it's solidarity. We all feel your pain mate.

As a friend, I'd just like to add once again, if there anything I can do to help you, you have my number.

Give me a ring, anytime.

Take car Mark.

Glen.
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

EarL wrote:What can I say mate.

After I found out earlier today, I felt numb. I'm so gutted for you. Thank god your still in one piece.

The community here has shown that when it comes to the crunch, it can dig deep and show it's solidarity. We all feel your pain mate.

As a friend, I'd just like to add once again, if there anything I can do to help you, you have my number.

Give me a ring, anytime.

Take car Mark.

Glen.

Thanks again my friend, as always, it's very much apreciated. :oops:
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
MATTURBO

Post by MATTURBO »

Gutted iv only been a member a year but watched the car come a long way really wanted to see that hybrid make the figures. :(

Re-shell :)

Glad your ok :)
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Gutted for you mate, saw you at a couple meets, such a shame the car was awsome but at least you can replace a car. :(

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”