[Mk2] [Turbo] drilled disks and uprated hoses advice please!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

addisj

[Mk2] [Turbo] drilled disks and uprated hoses advice please!

Post by addisj »

I really want to get some new disks as mine are old and rusty and thougth I would get braided hoses while I am at it.

Could anyone recommend a good make for both?

Thanks in advance :)

J
addisj

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] drilled disks and uprated hoses advice please!

Post by addisj »

after reading previous posts I have decided to just get new standard disks.

I guess hoses are like for like...
Urban Assault Vehicle

Post by Urban Assault Vehicle »

I can't speak for the brake disc upgrade but I have heard and read in the past that an upgrade to braided hoses can make quite a significant difference.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

plain discs are great, no warp problem to worry about but yes get some braided hoses. Makes a difference. The other thing is the pads. Panther Plus pads from www.twosrus.co.uk aint cheap but do a search on here for them and read the feedback from folks using them on std discs. Thats my next upgrade
addisj

Post by addisj »

thanks for your replies :)

Will get Goodridge lines (55 quid on ebay) and some of those Panther Plus pads. They have to be better than my Blueprint ones :o
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

I bought some Goodridge hoses and they definately give more instant grab. But I think I need to have my pedal adjusted as the travel is still a little too far for my liking.

From what I've heard, the Carbotech pads are supposed to be very good. But the downside will be noise when they're not being used a lot. If you can handle squeels then no worries, I think I might opt for some EBC yellowstuff pads myself though which I would assume last a bit longer, give less dust and hopefully shouldn't squeek.

Having said that, once warm the stock pads are very good.

Would be very interested to hear opinions on either pad too :D
addisj

Post by addisj »

I had green stuff on my big brakes and they were great - lasted for AGES and barely any brake dust.

Return to “Modifications”