Donnington Tuesday 17th October

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

lower

Re: Donnington Tuesday 17th October

Post by lower »

Lauren wrote:
lower wrote:http://videos.streetfire.net/search/kno ... 6c3234.htm

is the reason why you should pay more to go on a professionally run trackday. I took my one month old s2000 to Bedford with Bookatrack and never once was concerned about other cars on the track. Conversely, a big thunder day (ie cheap) at Bruntingthorpe in my last s2000 was quite worrying. If i'd been on the day at knockhill shown in the link, i'd have asked for my money back and left without turning a wheel on the track.

Lauren, are you working on the 11th November at Donington? i'm there with the s2000 club.

Hi Rich,

I will be there driving by the looks of things! :shock: So will look forward to seeing you there.

Cool, what car will you be in?
lower

Post by lower »

Quite. The video says it all. Cheap trackdays usually include a number of people in cheap cars that really don't care if they hit anyone. I'm not refering to people who might be driving older cars or stripped out specials, but the sort of people that turn up in an old cavalier or a volvo with the expectation that they will wreck or blow it up during the trackday. You might get these people at any sort of trackday, but its up to the organisers to instill the discipline that prevents car to car contact.

thepasty wrote:

is the reason why you should pay more to go on a professionally run trackday. I took my one month old s2000 to Bedford with Bookatrack and never once was concerned about other cars on the track. Conversely, a big thunder day (ie cheap) at Bruntingthorpe in my last s2000 was quite worrying. If i'd been on the day at knockhill shown in the link, i'd have asked for my money back and left without turning a wheel on the track.

Lauren, are you working on the 11th November at Donington? i'm there with the s2000 club.

:shock: I cannot believe my eyes! are you saw that was a track day?! Looks like a load of joy riders broke onto the track!

Reinforces what I said above about cheap track days and boy racers...
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

thepasty wrote:

:shock: I cannot believe my eyes! are you sure that was a track day?! Looks like a load of joy riders broke onto the track!

Reinforces what I said above about cheap track days and boy racers...

Total tools, should be banned from all trackdays.
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

If i'd been on the day at knockhill shown in the link, i'd have asked for my money back and left without turning a wheel on the track.

:shock: OMG! :shock: I have never ever seen anything like that before. Absolutely atrocious!

I see that a load of people have posted a few choice comments though :evil:

I hope the ATDO have been informed of these muppets
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Icsunonove wrote:

If i'd been on the day at knockhill shown in the link, i'd have asked for my money back and left without turning a wheel on the track.

:shock: OMG! :shock: I have never ever seen anything like that before. Absolutely atrocious!

I see that a load of people have posted a few choice comments though :evil:

I hope the ATDO have been informed of these muppets

I think we're going a bit OT here, and perhaps somebody should split this ;)

Worst bit is that they are far from the worst there though, there is a Pug who hits them into the hairpin(!) and a nova who jams infront of them before they run into the cones.

Nice display of overcorrection for the first spin :roll:
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

lower wrote:
Cool, what car will you be in?

If all goes to plan, Toni's toyota MKII drift car.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
lower

Post by lower »

I see you are now signed up Lauren.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

lower wrote:I see you are now signed up Lauren.

So i am! :shock:
lower

Post by lower »

i'll pop over and say hello. It'll be easier for me to spot you that you to spot me as i'll be one of about 20 S2k's
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

lower wrote:i'll pop over and say hello. It'll be easier for me to spot you that you to spot me as i'll be one of about 20 S2k's

Okay cool, see you there. :thumright:
Caribbean_Blue

Post by Caribbean_Blue »

Hi,

I would love to have a go next year at the track but have never done it. Am I am to get someone who knows what they are doing to come out with me round the track.

I think I would end up sticking my car in a bush!

Is there someone from here I can take out that can teach me braking points, where/when to turn in etc etc etc.

Or would I need to higher someone from the track?

Cheers
Reece.
Running: 313.8BHP @ fly and 285lb torque on 1.15bar.
MY MR2 FOR SALE: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=109986
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

I'm sure any of the trackday regulars, myself included would be happy to show you around a track.

Remember trackdays aren't races so you can go at a pace your comfortable with to avoid sticking it in a bush.
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

Remember trackdays aren't races so you can go at a pace your comfortable with to avoid sticking it in a bush

I couldve sworn this was you in the gravel too........... :wink:

(had to get it in somewhere!)
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

But previous to that i was winning.

Oh wait. Erm. 8-[
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

How many laps were you 'winning' for again before you got beached?

Hang on, doesn't 'winning' imply we were racing, which of course we weren't, it was a trackday, and we would never time laps either, that would be against the rules, and we (mostly I admittedly) would never drive 'assertively' to get slower stuff (everything) out of the way--lol

What a day!
thepasty

Post by thepasty »

Two things to mention about yesterday...

Donnington + MR2 = Awesome!

and

Dunlop Formula R tyres rock my world!
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

thepasty wrote:Two things to mention about yesterday...

Donnington + MR2 = Awesome!

and

Dunlop Formula R tyres rock my world!

Sounds like a nice setup. Did you get any laptimes? Edit: Of course you didn't, it was a BAT day.

Nothing quite like balancing the mr2 down crainers. Wonderful.
thepasty

Post by thepasty »

Nah no lap times

For an old girl she did really well, later in the day with my old man at the wheel there wasnt a lot that went past her.

We had quite a few chaps come up asking what we'd done to get her going so well, their faces were a picture when we told them its not far off standard apart from cranked up boost and TEIN suspension, I think they expected us to say we'd we fitted nitros or something... Oh and one chap even spluttered when we told him how little it all cost.

A well specced, well driven MR2 is a true giant slayer...
lower

Post by lower »

Lauren wrote:
lower wrote:i'll pop over and say hello. It'll be easier for me to spot you that you to spot me as i'll be one of about 20 S2k's

Okay cool, see you there. :thumright:

Didn't actually see you there lauren! i spotted a little mk1 being swallowed up by all the big fish a few times, but no mr2 turbo. Were you there?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

lower wrote:
Didn't actually see you there lauren! i spotted a little mk1 being swallowed up by all the big fish a few times, but no mr2 turbo. Were you there?

Rich, i was most certainly there but i was driving Toni's drift car, a toyota MKII... basically that big black four door thing with white wheels.

I noticed there were loads of S2000s there, some newbies amongst them by the look of it. I was chatting to Peter (L1RRK) as i know him quite well as he's done a lot of BaT days.

This is the car i was driving:

Had a really good day, i was driving as part of a charity auction basically doing hot laps all day. Was a lot of fun and ended up with a minor slapped wrist from the marshals (they let me off) for drifting round Redgate.

Eventually the car broke... :( which was due to a cracked damper which was squirting oil out everywhere. It may have been like that all day, but it took us till 3pm to find the fluid leak!

Which S2K were you driving?

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”