dilemma..!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Martin F
IMOC Moderator

dilemma..!

Post by Martin F »

standard rev 3 internals,airfilter,uprated exhaust,decatted,uprated clutch,hybrid turbo ct20 stage 3,fse fuel regulater,uprated intercooler,s/s headgasket,uprated plugs,leads etc...have a dastek unichip,should i fit this and map it.if so what kind of power could i expect at the fly, or buy a new apexi ecu and get that mapped,again what power would that set up produce..,bearing in mind im on a limited budget as im at college..decisions,decisions..as dedicated mr2 owners..u decide..! :twisted:
Quigonjay

Re: dilemma..!

Post by Quigonjay »

no boost controller?
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

Put it this way, my car came with a unichip and boost module, and I'll be removing it and going back to standard ECU with a boost controller as soon as I can.

Your choice matey.
[SiG]

Post by [SiG] »

No doors? ;)
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

no doors....nice..!as for the boost controller i thought that was part and parcel,nyway ny1 able to give me rough bhp power figures for either set up please...mmm!try posting under a more interesting headline,into mr2s then...!!!ahh,i know... :whistle:
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

My car does have the boost control module added, but it's an extra cost, not standard.
mrsmr2

more power

Post by mrsmr2 »

with the dastek ur limited as it is a piggyback,get the power fc and you would be looking at around 360bhp,get your engine internals modded with another spare 3k and you could get anywhere from 400 to 450 bhp depending on your turbo,well that is acording to my boyfriend,x

Return to “Modifications”