modifying a steering boss

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

cantfindausername

modifying a steering boss

Post by cantfindausername »

I know some people are going say not to do it, leave it alone, safety safety whatever, but I want to shorten a MOMO steering wheel boss.

I've seen them on various cars, and they extend the distance quite a lot from the wheel to the indicator stalks from that of where the stock wheel sits.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever reworked one of these to give a more stock appearance & feel to where the wheel sits in relation to the column/controls etc.

Thanks,
Ant
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Cj82

Re: modifying a steering boss

Post by Cj82 »

if you look on ebay i think you will find a shorter hub which will save you the trouble of modding that one
BrianUK
Premium Member

:)

Post by BrianUK »

I had the same issue - the steering wheel boss was putting the wheel too close to me.

There is a neat solution however, buy a quick release steering boss for the bar. These replace the momo boss, are only about an inch thick, and mean you can remove the steering wheel when parked up... I'll try and take a photo of mine tomorrow.

Bought it off ebay for 50 quid - well worth it - specially as I dont need a steering wheel clamp now lol!

:) Brian
BLZ-8027

steering wheel

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Hi Brian
do you have a link to the type you bought please ?

all the ones i can find say that you need the after market boss and that the quick release attaches to this ,so that would make the boss even bigger
i must be looking at different ones do you have any pictures yet

Return to “Modifications”