Should I Get My Car Rolling Roaded?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BLOODUK

Should I Get My Car Rolling Roaded?

Post by BLOODUK »

I can get my fuel setup aswell, its never been setup !
shafster

Re: Should I Get My Car Rolling Roaded?

Post by shafster »

depends who you get it rolling roaded by. i had mine done by nobles and ended up needing a new engine :evil:
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

oh.... :oops:
liberty

Post by liberty »

Sounds like you were SHAFted there mate! ;)

How comes anyway? I though they put sensors and stuff on parts of your engine to check for things like knocking etc so your car doesn't blow up.

How can sticking a car on rollers be more stressful than booting it off from lights etc? Is it because there is less friction/air resistance and so your engine is working faster or what?
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

shafster wrote: i had mine done by nobles and ended up needing a new engine :evil:

Nobles as in the place where the rr shootout day takes place? how did they manage that? i thought they where pretty good from what i had read about them
Jay
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

I think he means the setting up aspect of the RR.
shafster

Post by shafster »

when i went for a unichip installation, they ragged the nutts off my car for 5 hours on the rollers to tune in the unichip. they did this whilst the timing was out on my car.

they then handed me back the keys at 6pm and said, we've mappe dit for you mate..... but we think your timing might be out or you've got a boost leak :?

took it to powerhouse in derby and was told that they melted a piston on it and then retarded the ignition out to cover up and used the unichip to cover up more of it.

when the car went it, it was running as sweet as a nut, i only wanted the unichip to help with overfuelling. when it came out, it was idling at 1100rpm and the needle kept flicking erratically.

disclaimer in nobles reception area: we do not admit any liaibility to damage caused by placing cars on our rolling road

almost £1800 later and my car is back to where it was before they got there hands on it :evil:
Grajey

Post by Grajey »

they then handed me back the keys at 6pm and said, we've mappe dit for you mate..... but we think your timing might be out or you've got a boost leak

Aren't they supposed to adjust the base timing when mapping. Isn't this what mapping is about? Surely there is no point advancing or retarding the ignition timing through a map if the base timing is out!

And what's the point in mapping a car with a boost leak?

Oh well, that's one "tuner" off my list.
steve b

Post by steve b »

they sound like a bunch of a)fools or b)bast*&ds that really just don't care what they do to your car as long as they take your cash.
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
shafster

Post by shafster »

Grajey wrote:they then handed me back the keys at 6pm and said, we've mappe dit for you mate..... but we think your timing might be out or you've got a boost leak

Aren't they supposed to adjust the base timing when mapping. Isn't this what mapping is about? Surely there is no point advancing or retarding the ignition timing through a map if the base timing is out!

And what's the point in mapping a car with a boost leak?

Oh well, that's one "tuner" off my list.

yes and yes again. they basically were of the opinion that i wanted my car set up with the unichip as was and it was my fault for bringing the car to them with the timing out or whatever else was wrong with it.

however, it would of helped me out ten fold if they had said, listen mate, there's something not quite right about your car, can you bring it back with these issues sorted..... not "NO" that would lose them £500 labour.

from what i learned from my 7 hours of sitting around in their reception area as i wasnt allowed to watch them tune it was that whoever phoned in, their token response was "book it in for the rollers and we'll take a look at it" WTF since when do you need to run a car on rollers to find out if it's not running right. a decent mechanic can diagnose a fault by listening to the sound of the engine.

if you havent got a handful of cash that you can keep throwing at nobles, then they will hand you back a half @rsed job and if you do have the money, then they will make you pay for it big time.

edit: they are the manufacturers of great supercars afterall and that means they must surely know their xxxx when it comes to other peoples cars...... although im sure that the fact that they failed to plug my dump valve back in was just an oversight on their part... wonder how many other oversights were made during that day :evil:
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Sorry to read what happened about you shaf , Stupid rolling road morons [-X

Ill get my rolling roaded done next month , on the isle o sheppy
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

CPL Racing?? Guy is a really nice bloke, he set mine up a while back before the motec was fitted.
shafster

Post by shafster »

BLOODUK wrote:Sorry to read what happened about you shaf , Stupid rolling road morons [-X

Ill get my rolling roaded done next month , on the isle o sheppy

live and learn mate.... at least people can learn from my mistake and if they dont, they cant say they werent warned about nobles ](*,)

Return to “Modifications”