rear spoiler removal

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mr Two

rear spoiler removal

Post by Mr Two »

can anyone tell me how to remove the rear spoiler.I have undone all tha bolts and screws but it is still held tight at each side by ????WHAT am i missing here?
Regards
Dave
craig

Re: rear spoiler removal

Post by craig »

From what I remember there are 5 bolts and 2 screws. The spoiler is also stuck down with double sided pads....so it may take some persuasion

HTH

Craig
Mr Two

Post by Mr Two »

Thanks Craig,thought it might be something like that but didn't want to force it in case something broke.Just want to fetch it off because the top part has come a bit loose from the bottom and it was rattling slightly.I'll give it another go in the week.
See you at Derby i presume??
By the way,you've got a v smart looking motor there!!What sort of exhaust is that and how much roughly would one of those cost me as i'm looking to fitting one like that.

Regards

Dave
Rory

Post by Rory »

***Make sure youve got ALL the screws out before you start pulling hard*** I missed a few screws on mine but luckly my mate spotted them before i started yanking. Theres a few plastic catches that will pop out when you pull the spoiler. It shouldnt need a lot of force to remove it. I suggest that if you pull it and it doesnt come off then check all screws are undone before you really pull hard. You dont want to twist the boot!

Rory
Rory

Post by Rory »

Mr Two wrote:By the way,you've got a v smart looking motor there!!What sort of exhaust is that and how much roughly would one of those cost me as i'm looking to fitting one like that.

Regards

Dave

RedMR2 has a departure 2 pro exhaust. I think they are over £1k new. Rogue Systems are working on a fully stainless copy thats going to be about £450 ish. Not sure when they are going to go on sale though. If your car is not a turbo then you cant have either of these exhausts.

Rory
Last edited by Rory on Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
craig

Post by craig »

yeah that's right mate, around £950 - £1000 for a new one.

I got mine second hand from Jase at MTTE for £550! :D

See you at Derby mate! :wink:

Craig

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”