Looking for part # or parts

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

conor42

Looking for part # or parts

Post by conor42 »

Hello, there.. I'm looking for a couple part #s from a UK/J-spec Mk.II (Rev 3-5?) MR2 and hoping you all could help out, since U.S. Toyota dealers have no idea how to get ahold of non-American parts without having the actual Toyota #..

Anyhow, I'm looking for the number (or numbers) for the clear fender blinkers. I'm actually not even sure if they're an OEM part, but having seen so many European and Japanese MR2s with them, I assumed so...

Shown here:

Thanks in advance!
Quigonjay

Re: Looking for part # or parts

Post by Quigonjay »

it was an OE part for rev4 + UK/JDM cars but cant find the part number i'm afraid. Plenty of guys selling aftermaket ones though.
nailmonkey

Post by nailmonkey »

The OE ones are always orange though, but there are plenty of people selling the clear replacements on ebay.

Or you could buy some crystal ones from Rogue http://www.revision6.com/forms/Product.aspx?ID=353

HTH,

Nik
conor42

Post by conor42 »

Right on.. thanks!
conor42

Post by conor42 »

Actually, I found someone selling a set they claim to be OEM Toyota parts.. but I can't find a single photo of a 1998+ MR2 that has them on it. All I find are the ambers (as noted above).

Is there someone who could give their local Toyota dealer a ring about it?

They look OEM quality.. the same mold/styling as the ambers that you lot have:

nailmonkey

Post by nailmonkey »

Hi,

They look ok but should have a black rubber seal running around the outside of the lense, you can just about make it out in this ad.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Clear-side-indict ... dZViewItem

HTH,

Nik
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

As already stated, the mk2 MR2 never got clear side repeaters.

However, the UK gen7 Celica (1999-) got clear repeaters that are identical in every way, the part number is: 81731-20220. These are around £12 each.

The black rubber that goes around the outside of these is: 81732-17050. These are around £1.40 each.
conor42

Post by conor42 »

JohnnyC wrote:As already stated, the mk2 MR2 never got clear side repeaters.

However, the UK gen7 Celica (1999-) got clear repeaters that are identical in every way, the part number is: 81731-20220. These are around £12 each.

The black rubber that goes around the outside of these is: 81732-17050. These are around £1.40 each.

Thank you!

This is a link to an eBay auction for "Authentic JDM 91-98" repeaters.... Of course, Keith Tau has been a master of marking up used JDM stuff for a long time, both in base price ($79 USD, or: ~ £43) and shipping..

Just queried an American dealer for those part #s.. and I can get the lenses at about £13/pair!
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

conor42 wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:As already stated, the mk2 MR2 never got clear side repeaters.

Thank you!

No problem.

One thing to note, as I now see you have the tolberone indicators is that the part number above doesn't include the bulb holder (it may be that it's the same holder as what you have in your tolberone lights - I really don't know). Whereas the one in your ebay link does include holders - at quite a price though :shock:

conor42

Post by conor42 »

Yeah.. that's a bridge I'll have to burn to the ground after I cross it ;)

I actually just have corner signals on my car (the toblerone, as you call them, are horribly unsightly!), with the former side lights wired up as running lights in the secondary turn signal socket.

I'm not sure if I want to wire the side repeaters up as only turn signals, or to use them as running lights and blinkers.

I have a set of spare bulb sockets I'm sure I can modify to fit into these, too.. nothing that a little time with a hobby knife can't handle. :)
Harry

Post by Harry »

This is a link to an eBay auction for "Authentic JDM 91-98" repeaters.... Of course, Keith Tau has been a master of marking up used JDM stuff for a long time, both in base price ($79 USD, or: ~ £43) and shipping..

Hello Conor
Hope you are well bud 8)
We got from this guy made him an offer of $50 odd dollars or so he accepted but can say they came quickly and are oe toyota produced
same as the orange toyota units they replaced,quality real deal.Was
easy at the time clicked a button and they were here fast after confirming
they were oe authentic.
Harry :thumleft:
conor42

Post by conor42 »

Harry, sounds good to me. I'll think about his auction, since they come with the bulbs, but getting them for $30 shipped to my house from a Toyota dealer sounds like a deal I can't refuse, even if I have to fabricate my own bulb sockets from spare parts :)

Say, how do you feel about shipping that Tom's spoiler across the Atlantic...?
mr2sexyok

clear side repeaters

Post by mr2sexyok »

i got mine from www.waxacar.co.uk there off a toyota rav4 and are identical to the mr2 ones i bought them for my rev 1 £ 15.00 including the orange bulb and the black rubber surrounds.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”