engine mounts

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

spindle

engine mounts

Post by spindle »

How many variations of engine mounts are there on the mk2? Is there a difference between turbo's and n/a's?
I have ordered a pair of powerflex engine mounts from DC dezign but they don't appear to fit my n/a. I have checked the part numbers on both DC dezign's and powerflex's websites and they both match those on the box. The correct part number is also stamped into the actual bushes.
Dan said he has not had this problem before. I went for powerflex because i fitted some to my girlfriends saxo and they were a perfect fit.
Any ideas?
scottish_mr2

Re: engine mounts

Post by scottish_mr2 »

i think there is only one bush that is different between the tubbies and n/a's...

i've just ordered TRD engine and gearbox mounts and they look like this (if it helps?):

Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

on turbo and NA, the side mounts are the same, the front and back mounts are different.
JasonC

Post by JasonC »

Hi,

Where did you get your TRD mounts from mate, and if you don't mind me asking how much ?

Jason
scottish_mr2

Post by scottish_mr2 »

JasonC wrote:Hi,

Where did you get your TRD mounts from mate, and if you don't mind me asking how much ?

Jason

the picture above isn't a physical shot of mine.. mine are still winging their way from Japan.. the full set for my rev 2 3SGE was £238 (abouth £60 cheaper than Fensport) from Jase at www.mtte.com (email [email protected]) as their website is being redesigned..
JasonC

Post by JasonC »

thanks mate :)
scottish_mr2

Post by scottish_mr2 »

JasonC wrote:thanks mate :)

no problem!
spike_fox

Post by spike_fox »

ive got the same problem.
powerflex is my problem, the bush dia measures 79.5mm yet my mount is 73.5mm no matter wat ive used, grease, press etc they wont go in

can any1 help?

uk spec 1993 rev 2 n/a

Return to “Mechanical”