Me vs a porsche 911 4S

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

RyanRs

Me vs a porsche 911 4S

Post by RyanRs »

i dont no much about porsches, not a great fan of them, but i love the phrase 'porsche killer' and after months of waiting, i finally had my turn to have a play with one :P

i followd the 4S thru the a2 to tesco bowaters roundabout (in gillingham ,kent) he gave it a lil bit of wellie round the roundabout -not stupid speed... but i kept with him no prob.. he then turned off (4th exit) which is a 1 mile of duel carrageway.. he was about 2 car lenghts in front of me, and as he hit the straight, he Bahooooowted it! the thing roooored! , anyway, as he did, i booted it too.. and fooook me, by 2/3 of the way up, i found my self changing lanes and overtaking him :D -not by that much , but i did pass him about 4mph faster than he was going (obv while we are both still accelerating)

i gave him a lil wave as i went past, he gave a lil Toottoot, and we went our seperate ways.

now, wen i got online and looked up the 4s, i couldnt belive the specs of that car... i fort mabe i had misred the badge and mabe it was the next model down(the 4) but i rember lookin at the wheels on the car, thinkin -ooo there nice and BIG, and it was definatly the 4S wheels! -confirming that i wasnt just imagining the S after the 4 :P

he was definatly booting it, you could see him dropping the clutch and hear the engine raging through the revs.

-WOW! i killed my 1st porsche.. on 1.1 bar, (310bhp on rollers) and dying piston rings :)

Owww , now i wish i had my forgies fitted, so i can wack me boost back upto 1.5 bar again and fly past him insted of slowly passing him!
mr2nut123

Re: Me vs a porsche 911 4S

Post by mr2nut123 »

I can genuinely believe this aswel as my tubby with 15psi boost and a downpipe can keep with them. Theyre 3.6 litre arent they? The only real porsche is the 911 turbo :wink:
V8Killer

Post by V8Killer »

A real Porsche is a GT2!

Definately my next car \:D/
M5
Gouda

Post by Gouda »

A real Porsche is a GT2!

Dauer 962 now thats more like it if we are talking porsches :twisted:
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

one of the bosses at work has a carrera 4s (convertible one), it's exhaust seems to come out of those " sideways 8's" tailpipes, i got down to look at the gorgeous exhaust and ... they're just clipped on over a normal mild steel exhaust. i was gutted to see that.
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

lol, yea i noticed that bout the exausts , when i see one before!!

i dont understand tho, on porsche's website it says the 4s does 62 in 4.8 sec and 178 top iirc..

http://www.porsche.com/uk/models/911/911-carrera-4s/

surely it shuld of spanked my tubby being as i have engine troubles?! humm i must have much overestimated the porsches!

but it also says the top of the range cayenne turbo s does 62 in 5.1 sec and 168 mph... humm, i no its got a lot of power, but its also got a lot of weight and the aero dynamics of a house brick :S id like to see that proven!

http://www.porsche.com/uk/models/cayenn ... e-turbo-s/
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

RyanRs wrote:

but it also says the top of the range cayenne turbo s does 62 in 5.1 sec and 168 mph... humm, i no its got a lot of power, but its also got a lot of weight and the aero dynamics of a house brick :S id like to see that proven!

Yeah right. Can you smell summat?
Hedgehog Dodger

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

The 911 4S is 4wd, but not turbo charged.

You did well
Hedgehog Dodger

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

RyanRs wrote:

When I had my old MR2 about 220HP - Stage 1 mods on a Rev2, I had a run up against onof the Porsche Cayenne Turbos. And we had a play 3 times at the lights and I beat him once. Very quick 4X4.......just like the BMW X5 4.8IS, there quick too, not as quick as the Porsche in a straight line.
shadowninja

Post by shadowninja »

With that engine it'd be so much quicker if the stupid thing didn't weigh so much. Pointless, really. A ~500bhp car that accelerates like a ~300bhp car. I'd be annoyed.

And it's not like you can even say "yeah but they look gorgeous" cos they look f**king poo. I'd be embarressed to be seen driving one. (That might explain the drug dealer tint windows that they have...)
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

V8Killer wrote:A real Porsche is a GT2!

Definately my next car \:D/

frickin Beetle with a big engine!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Cant stand 911s and yes, i have driving them including a current gen turbo, last gen turbo and last gen Carrera 2.

yuck, i have a trust a car a bit and no matter how good the grip levels are , take it round a sweeping bend and you cna still fell that engine trying to pull you over. Give the raod a bit of gravel or diesel and it'back end first througha bush' time!

Now the 944 Turbo, Mmmmmmm, championship winning (with tiff Needel no less!) classis combination Porsche without any silly inherent desgn flaws.

=D>

Bobby
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

I had a porsche 4s in my 200sx on Saturday, very similar story actually. they are lovely though, aren't they?

look at it this way, the performance of a mental tuned MR2 turbo but with the characteristics of a 7th generation over-developed german supercar!!

I like them. They rock.
ryan

Post by ryan »

A real Porsche is a 959 8)
philster_d

Post by philster_d »

hehe also blew one of these away (im my mk3 hehe) the other day, he only caught up each time I came to traffic. :twisted:
mishadbull

Post by mishadbull »

Mmmmmm Ill take one of these. . . .

Was awash of them at the Ring this year.

Mike
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

mishadbull wrote:Mmmmmm Ill take one of these. . . .

Mike

That is GROTESQUE! :-&
Muttley

Post by Muttley »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:
mishadbull wrote:Mmmmmm Ill take one of these. . . .

Mike

That is GROTESQUE! :-&

You're having a laugh!

That is f'ing lovely!
Bibbs

Post by Bibbs »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:That is GROTESQUE! :-&

And he probably looks at your spoilerless green car with a black bonnet and thinks the same :P

I agree on the 944, my old man had one of the first 924s, then *the* first RHD 924 Turbo (number 6 I believe), then a 944 Turbo .. I still want one now, but they are showing their age unfortunatly. :cry:
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Bibbs wrote:
Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:That is GROTESQUE! :-&

And he probably looks at your spoilerless green car with a black bonnet and thinks the same :P

I agree on the 944, my old man had one of the first 924s, then *the* first RHD 924 Turbo (number 6 I believe), then a 944 Turbo .. I still want one now, but they are showing their age unfortunatly. :cry:

oooooooo, I oughta!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: hey at least i HAVE a profile , wheres the pics of yours or are you preempting the response?! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

there's a red 944 s2 two house down from me and I still cant help ogling it every time i walk past, Just another one to add to the list that i wanna own one day. besides how can you say the 944 is showing its age when a 911 still looks like a Beetle with a lower roofline! :lol:

Bobby
Bibbs

Post by Bibbs »

I'm the guy, who had the car, that Rogue used to have on their site (if you can follow that - :lol: ) And I'm sure you didn't like that :P

My old MR2

Now driven by Lou-Lou.

My new car .. awaiting supercharger.

Return to “Driving Experiences”