skinthespin

Re: Donnington Tuesday 17th October

Post by skinthespin »

is it me or are BaT quite expensive?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

skinthespin wrote:is it me or are BaT quite expensive?

Yep, they are reasonably expensive, but its all relative because BaT will have lower numbers on track, so its quality of track time you are paying for. Obviously less numbers means the price will go up per car.

No cost for passengers or second drivers though, so i guess you have to factor that in as well.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
MartG

Post by MartG »

It's also been said that Jonny's speil is worth £10 on its own :lol:
thepasty

Post by thepasty »

Lauren wrote:
skinthespin wrote:is it me or are BaT quite expensive?

Yep, they are reasonably expensive, but its all relative because BaT will have lower numbers on track, so its quality of track time you are paying for. Obviously less numbers means the price will go up per car.

No cost for passengers or second drivers though, so i guess you have to factor that in as well.

Thats everything I was going to say, thanks lauren :)

No fee for the second driver is important as both myself and my dad drive.

I also tend to find at these more expensive days with less cars you tend to get a higher standard of cars and drivers, with the cheaper days you quite often get the boy racers and posers....
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

How many cars do BaT allow on track at Donny then?
revturbo

Post by revturbo »

thepasty wrote:With BookATrack... Open pit... £175

http://bookatrack.com/-pE

We're booked.

8)

how much! cancel with them and go direct http://www.donington-park.co.uk/trakzone/ put the £75 back in your pocket!
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Richard Powell wrote:
thepasty wrote:With BookATrack... Open pit... £175

http://bookatrack.com/-pE

We're booked.

8)

how much! cancel with them and go direct http://www.donington-park.co.uk/trakzone/ put the £75 back in your pocket!

Trackzone is sessioned.
thepasty

Post by thepasty »

75 quid is naff all, stop being a bunch of tight wods.

You pay for what you get, I've been on a few BookATrack days and they've been well worth the extra cash.
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

£75 is not naff all when you do 10 a year. Donington allow 42 cars on track at once, which sounds alot but isnt, I dont see any benefit from only allowing 30 or whatever. There days are well organised and fairly relaxed, so I dont see what im getting for my extra £75 other than open pitlane, which im not too bothered about and an extra driver, which again im not bothered about (you are which is fair enough), and an extra driver is normally only £20 anyway.

How many cars do BaT allow on track anyway?
thepasty

Post by thepasty »

eerrr ummmm ok I was jesting about the 75 nicker and being tight, but hey, I dont feel we need to justify anything one way or another.
revturbo

Post by revturbo »

skinthespin wrote:£75 is not naff all when you do 10 a year. Donington allow 42 cars on track at once, which sounds alot but isnt, I dont see any benefit from only allowing 30 or whatever. There days are well organised and fairly relaxed, so I dont see what im getting for my extra £75 other than open pitlane, which im not too bothered about and an extra driver, which again im not bothered about (you are which is fair enough), and an extra driver is normally only £20 anyway.

now your talking, £750, thats a holiday!! or a whole truck load of beer!!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

skinthespin wrote:£75 is not naff all when you do 10 a year. Donington allow 42 cars on track at once, which sounds alot but isnt, I dont see any benefit from only allowing 30 or whatever. There days are well organised and fairly relaxed, so I dont see what im getting for my extra £75 other than open pitlane, which im not too bothered about and an extra driver, which again im not bothered about (you are which is fair enough), and an extra driver is normally only £20 anyway.

Err there is a bit of a difference with allowing 42 cars on track and allowing a max of 30. The average number of cars on track on a BaT day at Donny is probably nearer 20 apart from first thing in the morning and after lunch. Sometimes its far less than this.

/have worked at 50 odd BaT days at Donny.

As a rule you get what you pay for. You makes your choice etc.
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

All I know is ive done more than a few days there and never had any trouble with traffic, having half the number of cars on track wouldn't significantly improve the day. Like you say, if youve got £75 spare go for it.
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

I am looking at driving at donny at some point, but i have found so far that if you are having 2 drivers then open pit lane is the one to go for, despite the difference in price - quality track time for both drivers is what i am looking to go for
lower

Post by lower »

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/kno ... 6c3234.htm

is the reason why you should pay more to go on a professionally run trackday. I took my one month old s2000 to Bedford with Bookatrack and never once was concerned about other cars on the track. Conversely, a big thunder day (ie cheap) at Bruntingthorpe in my last s2000 was quite worrying. If i'd been on the day at knockhill shown in the link, i'd have asked for my money back and left without turning a wheel on the track.

Lauren, are you working on the 11th November at Donington? i'm there with the s2000 club.
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

Like I say, I dont see what BaT (and other companies) do for there extra money at Donny, 40 cars isnt a problem and the track themslelves run the event and its pretty problem free. if you wanna spend an extra £75 then go for it if it makes you feel happy.

Brunters is a second rate airfield so cant really compare.
lower

Post by lower »

its not the quality of the track, but the quality of the marshalling and the discipline forced on the drivers by the organiser that makes the difference. You might go on a cheap day at donington and have no problems because all the drivers that attend are responsible, but when you get a few right hand jockey drivers on the track, that's when you want the organiser to spot them quickly and pull them off.

Otherwise, you start looking at potential car damage.

skinthespin wrote:Like I say, I dont see what BaT (and other companies) do for there extra money at Donny, 40 cars isnt a problem and the track themslelves run the event and its pretty problem free. if you wanna spend an extra £75 then go for it if it makes you feel happy.

Brunters is a second rate airfield so cant really compare.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

lower wrote:http://videos.streetfire.net/search/kno ... 6c3234.htm

is the reason why you should pay more to go on a professionally run trackday. I took my one month old s2000 to Bedford with Bookatrack and never once was concerned about other cars on the track. Conversely, a big thunder day (ie cheap) at Bruntingthorpe in my last s2000 was quite worrying. If i'd been on the day at knockhill shown in the link, i'd have asked for my money back and left without turning a wheel on the track.

Lauren, are you working on the 11th November at Donington? i'm there with the s2000 club.

Hi Rich,

I will be there driving by the looks of things! :shock: So will look forward to seeing you there.
thepasty

Post by thepasty »

lower wrote:http://videos.streetfire.net/search/kno ... 6c3234.htm

:shock: I cannot believe my eyes! are you sure that was a track day?! Looks like a load of joy riders broke onto the track!

Reinforces what I said above about cheap track days and boy racers...
Last edited by thepasty on Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”