The Faces of 'Bobby aka Shaggar's Car

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bobby (aka Shaggar)

The Faces of 'Bobby aka Shaggar's Car

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

In another thread redMR2 is dying to see my new look , the cars that is. So I thought Id make a thread of it just to show the direction Ive taken since some of you may have last seen me at a meet.

(5yrs ago)fresh from Toyota and VERY standard, even had some japanese sweets in the gloovebox!, ahh, doesnt she look all nieve and innocent....

(4yrs ago)wasnt too look before putting my stamp on it.........

(3yrs ago)....must....have....more....personal....touches...must .....mod....more

....now THIS is what you call putting your stamp on it! :shock:

...thats what happens when you hit the brakes on sheet ice and take out a Rav4, mk4 golf and a beemer 740i !!!!!!!!, incidentally, my car returned, theirs didnt, kinda says something for toyota hey :wink:

and current day, thinking being less is more. lets really show, not hide, those lines.......

....note the rare 3sfe fogless front bumper, removed rear grille, removed spoiler, all welded, smootheed and sprayed, turbo lid back on, no front plate (oops guvnor!), air intake extensions blah blah blah.

Anyway, interested in hearing feedback. call it another strike for the spoilerless boys.

Next? well the engines not looking too good, so it either gets px'ed to a dealer, gets a rebuilt 3sgte or I go V6, damn that Paul Woods puts forward good case for 3 litres of wailing V6!
Chat soon,

Bobby
Urban Assault Vehicle

Re: The Faces of 'Bobby aka Shaggar's Car

Post by Urban Assault Vehicle »

Looks well smart mate. Less is definately more!

Never been a fan of the spoilerless look but you've turned me, on MR2 styling that is!

I'm liking the smoothness without the badges and the white wheels most definately catch they eye.

Top marks! =D>
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

SLEEPER!!! Or what!!!

Very nice mate, an inspiration for me that is!

My 1st tubby was the same colour (standard toyota flip green blue job) Love it. A respray is on the cards! :-k maybe, just maybe :mrgreen:
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

For me the best bit is the colour coordination between white wheels and white birds poo on the bonnet! :lol:

Joking aside mate it's looking really very nice and now just needs a worthy engine.......and driver :P :wink:

Mikejc
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Mikejc wrote:For me the best bit is the colour coordination between white wheels and white birds poo on the bonnet! :lol:

:lol:

Well spotted.
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

ENSMR2 wrote:
Mikejc wrote:For me the best bit is the colour coordination between white wheels and white birds poo on the bonnet! :lol:

:lol:

Well spotted.

Knowing Bobby as well as I do I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it's been placed there on purpose. He's a funny boy lol ;)

You posted me some e-mails that were ment for others eyes by the way Bobby. I've sent them back to you ;)

Mikejc
mark_a_thorpe

Post by mark_a_thorpe »

Another spoilerless 2! We're the cool kids and we KNOW it :D
craig

Post by craig »

Nice work Bobby, car looks fantastic spoilerless, **searches ebay for a boot lid** :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the pics mate!! =D> =D>
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

hey, dont knock it, bird poo works in a similar way to that wierd bomex bonnet spolier, it gives me more front downfore. you should try it. the difficult bit is drivin under the damn thngs trying to get them to xxxx in just the right place. the skill needed is quite underestimated.

:wink:

Bobby
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

on a 'slightly' more serious note though. i love it more than ever beofre. I really feel going spoilerless gives it a more contemporary look and brings the car up to date. After all few modern sports cars have big fibreglass spoilers. those that do usually hide them at slow speeds or use venturis underneath. it gets far more compliments from the gen public then ever. Literally ten a week. Its ridiculous the response a 'clean' MR2 gets.

look and learn Mike! :mrgreen:

how are all those rivetted bits of plastic coming along? :wink: When are you adding the cossie whaletail? haha

Bobby
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Joking aside mate it's looking really very nice and now just needs a worthy engine.......and driver :P :wink:

Mikejc

how are those launches coming mate? :mrgreen:

(bobby waits for excuses about big power engines bogging down!) :twisted:

Bobby
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

lookin damn sweet there matey!

another case put forward for me to go spoilerless! jus wanna find a genuine 3s-fe boot lid (don't wanna weld) and i love the 3s-fe front bumper, where you find that?
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Bonmaklad here was fitting a bomex bumper to his 3sfe so I made him an offer for his oem bumper.

Bobby
Mr2GtBlue

Post by Mr2GtBlue »

beautiful colour mate nearly as nice as the nautical blue. What suspension you running?
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Thanks for the compliment mate. im running oem Bilstein struts with Ventura -40mm springs. After a lot of research and phone calls i found that as part of the package that was supplied to toyota for the car, bilstein only made the struts. the springs were actually outsourced to Ventura, hence I went to them as a trusted source.

Bobby
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Steve Horrocks wrote:lookin damn sweet there matey!

another case put forward for me to go spoilerless! jus wanna find a genuine 3s-fe boot lid (don't wanna weld) and i love the 3s-fe front bumper, where you find that?

mines actually a genuine 3sfe bootlid too. bonmaklad also wantd to add a spoiler so I did a straight swap. my rev1/2 spoilered boot lid for his smoooooooooth one. The only welding I had done was to the holes left behind in the rear quarters.

Bobby
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

noooooo, you stuffy git! i need luck like that!
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Yo, spoilerless fanes. you might notice in the modified section theres a couple of 3sfe lads both looking to upgrade/change their engines. Chances are they'll start messing with the looks once done. Might be an idea to approach them about their bumpers/bootlids. :-k

HTH

Bobby
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

thinking Bobby! :wink:
Cliff

Bobby!!!

Post by Cliff »

Looks better in the flesh. Very nice with subtle mods (vent extensions, 3sfe front bumper)

Definately the best colour for a 2 and yes, I am regretting selling mine now... :cry:

I WANT ANOTHER ONE!! (IN GREEN TOO!!)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”