Alloys - PCD's

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

markmr2turbogt

Alloys - PCD's

Post by markmr2turbogt »

Hi,
I have found a possible replacement for a damaged alloy - it has the correct offset, width etc but a slightly smaller PCD.

Is it feasable/safe to machine a 5X112 PCD to 5X114.3 ?

Cheers

Mark
Urban Assault Vehicle

Re: Alloys - PCD's

Post by Urban Assault Vehicle »

I very much doubt it, it would make the holes massive which in turn would strain the studs. Also, depending on how well the wheel locates it could be nasty.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I have seen 5x100 machined to 5x114.3 - and it seemed OK. They were vg quality alloys though and there was plenty of meat to do it. Depends I'd say on the alloy.
T
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

its only moving each stud by 1mm, you can get nuts that will accomodate this, you probably dont need to machine at all tbh.
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Use wobblies (nuts/bolts with adjustable collars)

These are the one's we have made up and should work providing the PCD holes aren't tuner drilled. A 5x112 wheel should have the PCD holes drilled to M14 for Audi/Some Merc bolts to the holes won't need opening up.

ImageImageImageImage

The collars will sit perfectly central in the 5x112 holes and the nuts have a couple of mm play so they slide outwards lining up with the 5x114 studs so you don't bend the studs when you tighten them up.

HTH.
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(

Return to “Modifications”