Donnington - Sunday 1st Oct - £99 (mini meet?)

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jonb-

Donnington - Sunday 1st Oct - £99 (mini meet?)

Post by jonb- »

Full day at donnington only £99, anyone fancy it?

I'll be there, and there's a chance skinthespin and monkeyra will be too, would be good to represent a few 2's out on track.
Rogue

Re: Donnington - Sunday 1st Oct - £99 (mini meet?)

Post by Rogue »

A bunch of us are planning a track day around October time, currently the 15th has been suggested. Since this is the weekend before the last MR2 Challenge race (at Mallory Park) I might see if some of my hire-drivers are interested in coming along too.

Patrick
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Would be good to have a few NA's on track to knock about... :tongue:

I'm at silverstone on the 10th which i'm REALLY looking forwad to, open pitlane and there's an f1 test the day after so all the teams will be setting up in the garages, how exciting is that!!
lower

Post by lower »

come to donington on the 11th november with bookatrack. They'll be about 20 S2000's there on the the day, so could make an interesting comparison. :)

Rogue wrote:A bunch of us are planning a track day around October time, currently the 15th has been suggested. Since this is the weekend before the last MR2 Challenge race (at Mallory Park) I might see if some of my hire-drivers are interested in coming along too.

Patrick
revturbo

Post by revturbo »

Rogue wrote:A bunch of us are planning a track day around October time, currently the 15th has been suggested. Since this is the weekend before the last MR2 Challenge race (at Mallory Park) I might see if some of my hire-drivers are interested in coming along too.

Patrick

8)
revturbo

Post by revturbo »

jonb- wrote:Would be good to have a few NA's on track to knock about... :tongue:

I'm at silverstone on the 10th which i'm REALLY looking forwad to, open pitlane and there's an f1 test the day after so all the teams will be setting up in the garages, how exciting is that!!

your tubby is stripped?

i honestly reckon patrick's car would set the same times as a 'furnished' mr2 turbo, due too the fact its so fast round bends!

why not do both? if your planning on doing the 1st oct drop that day a do the 15th!
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

It's stripped, not quite as stripped as pats i'd guess but it's gotta be close as i can't find much left to strip.

http://www.postworkout.com/jon/public/p ... nside5.jpg

I'm at silverstone on the 10th, 10th and 15th is a bit too close to call if something goes wrong on the car.
revturbo

Post by revturbo »

jonb- wrote:It's stripped, not quite as stripped as pats i'd guess but it's gotta be close as i can't find much left to strip.

http://www.postworkout.com/jon/public/p ... nside5.jpg

I'm at silverstone on the 10th, 10th and 15th is a bit too close to call if something goes wrong on the car.

oh.......that is pretty close!
revturbo

Post by revturbo »

you still got the heater? and matrix?
glovebox?
window controls?

do you drive this on the road?
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Richard Powell wrote:you still got the heater? and matrix?
glovebox?
window controls?

do you drive this on the road?

Glove box weighs nothing.

Heater matrix is a silly thing to remove imo as in the winter you suffer with steamed up windows you can't fix and i've reynolds so I need to be kept warm :)

More than likely moving to perspex fixed windows shortly.
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

Count me in for this one Jonb, have to talk nicely to Nikki (mine not yours) as ive been moaning rotten latey about money and not being able to afford the following

New washing machine
Sofa
bed
TV

Etc etc

But hey ho ive done 50 hours overtime this month so why not eh?

Oh, is it the full circuit, the Melbourne loop is a right giggle (ask Rich Powell!!!).

Don't think I can afford to do the Silverstone one but I will be there as your there and Phil is there with Williams, so be a good giggle.
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

That's great news Simon, I'll be testing a secret weapon for donnington so expect to be thoroughly thrashed (ha - I have to do something to make up for the fact you're a better driver).

See you on msn sometime, let me know which group you book into as i'm not yet booked.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

jonb- wrote:Glove box weighs nothing.

Pah! You're not hardcore until you've been through the wiring loom and picked out all the wires you don't need any more! :shock:

Patrick
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Rogue wrote:
jonb- wrote:Glove box weighs nothing.

Pah! You're not hardcore until you've been through the wiring loom and picked out all the wires you don't need any more! :shock:

Patrick

You're hardcore!
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

Probably be in the inter group mate, seems about right, usually one of the quicker ones in there, the slow group is annoying and the fast groups are usually full of slick shod caterhams or radicals that sit up your backside through craners flashing there lights! lol

whats your secret weapon then? The fact your 4 stone lighter than podgy lil me?
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

jonb- wrote:You're hardcore!

I'd love to try and develop the car further - there's probably another 100+kgs that could come out of the car if I was being ruthless. There's also a huge amount of potential to push the engine further...

Sadly, I'm right on the limit of what the series allows so you'll soon be leaving me behind in the weight stakes.

Patrick
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Have you had your car on a weigh bridge yet?

Apart from things like glass, exhaust and front lights I can't see how another 100kgs could come out of mine.

I really should give up the departure but i love it so much :(
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

jonb- wrote:Have you had your car on a weigh bridge yet?

Yes indeed! Currently 1070kgs with no driver and a quarter tank of fuel. With driver in full race trim at the end of a race at Brands Hatch it weighed in at 1152kgs - just 2kgs over the proposed limit for next season.

jonb- wrote:Apart from things like glass, exhaust and front lights I can't see how another 100kgs could come out of mine.

Do you still have stock bonnet and boot lid? There's a good few kilos for a start, getting rid of the glass will save more than you think. I think I removed about 40 kilos from behind the dashboard and you could always have a bolt-in heater fan for thos misty days (I use a couple of Holts anti-mist products). Those carbon fibre doors that were posted up recently looked superb, but swapping them out for revision 1 doors would save some weight too. And of course there's no roll cage in your car!

We should meet and compare some time.

Patrick
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Pat,

If you're free try and come over on the first, there's a chance Peter (gidden) will be there too. Would be good to see the NA in all its glory.

I refuse to spend money on carbon bits like a bonnet and boot where it costs many hundreds of pound to save a few kgs, it's just not cost sensible. The doors would be great but too costly and frankly too nice for a trackday car.

What on earth weighs 40kgs behind the dash?!
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

Whats the difference in the doors other than the side impact bars?

Can they be cut out? (not that id wanna do that unless I put a cage in anyway?)

It would be great if Patrick was there on the 1st, im quite keen on a cage tbh but don't think id fit with a helmet on, so wouldnt mind sitting in a car with a cage first.

I think theres (free) mods that can be done to boot lid and bonnet that significantly reduce the weight anyway tbh, hence I have that spare bonnet sat on my driveway Jon--he he.

I reckon you could get another 100kg out of yours Jon without too much bother, maybe we can go over it and make a list on the 1st?

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”