Help me lower my car...

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Urban Assault Vehicle

Help me lower my car...

Post by Urban Assault Vehicle »

I'm looking to lower the '2 fairly soon but not sure what path to go down.

Bearing in mind that I don't take my car on track and don't drive it all that hard, it'll mainly be for looks purposes.

Should I go for adjustable such as the Tein Super Streets or just lowering springs and maybe uprated shocks?

Any help much appreciated.
Graeme
ljb

Re: Help me lower my car...

Post by ljb »

lowering springs should do you mate, if you get some decent ones it will make a decent difference.
revturbo

Post by revturbo »

^^what he said^^

if its just for looks, dont bother with adjustables!
Urban Assault Vehicle

Cheers guys.

Should I look to upgrade my shockies or will the standard ones handle the springs alright being 10 years old?
Gordy

Post by Gordy »

My rev 3 tubby has very, very, very, very low lowering springs on standard 10 year old struts. The struts are fine. The lowering was done by a previous owner and was fun on the slowish test drive, but now that I live with it every day it's a pain in the a$$. So lower away, but be advised not to go to extreemes.
Urban Assault Vehicle

Gordy wrote:My rev 3 tubby has very, very, very, very low lowering springs on standard 10 year old struts. The struts are fine. The lowering was done by a previous owner and was fun on the slowish test drive, but now that I live with it every day it's a pain in the a$$. So lower away, but be advised not to go to extreemes.

I'll bare that in mind, cheers.

I'm not going to the extremes with the lowering, just something to make it sit nice above the new wheels. Maybe 20-30mm drop.

What springs are best, I'm guessing Eibach?
ljb

Post by ljb »

i think its advised not to go lower than 40mm on standard shocks on any car. as for best springs to go for it usually down to opinoin. if you ask that question you'll get loads of different brand names and types of spring. my advice would just be to get the best you can afford, any of the top named brands should do you, spax, tein, koni etc id stay away from cheap ones though.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Eibach Pro-kit is a 25mm drop and feels superb!

Return to “Modifications”