Door bulb replacement

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

hobbes

Door bulb replacement

Post by hobbes »

How do you replace that bulb at the bottom of the door? Does the whole thing come out or do you have prise the red lense out from the surround or something? I thought it would just pop out with a screwdriver but it wouldn't play ball and didn't want to force it any more.

Apologies if this has already been covered (I think it has) - but I couldn't find it.
hobbes

Re: Door bulb replacement

Post by hobbes »

And sorry for posting it twice. Don't know why that happened. :|
MR22

Post by MR22 »

I realise this was posted some time ago, but did you ever overcome the problem and find out how to get to the door courtesy light bulbs ?
I currently have the same problem and any help would be appreciated from any member.
Thanks.
johnnymr2

Post by johnnymr2 »

just prise out the red bit with a small screwdriver just be careful not to break it
MR22

Post by MR22 »

Many thanks johnnymr2. Job now done and your help was invaluable.
Another problem I have is that when I did have the n/s door panel off, I discovered three wires in a plastic sleeve, all mainly green in colour but with the individual trace of white, blue and red disconnected and with no connection block on the end etc. Any idea what these are for and where they should be connected ? Everything electrical seems to work on the door - Maybe a remnant from a removed alarm system perhaps ?
As before, help greatly appreciated.
johnnymr2

Post by johnnymr2 »

if every thing is working ok i wouldnt worry bout it, when i started working on mine there seemed to be spare / redundant cabling everywhere :roll: must just be due to the age alot of things have been done to them

Return to “Electrical”