xs power downpipe

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

welshboyo

xs power downpipe

Post by welshboyo »

looking on e bay found xs power downpipe could anyone tell me if they are any good? :)
andygt

Re: xs power downpipe

Post by andygt »

got one fitted to my rev1 tubby
got no problems so far :)
andy
karammander

Post by karammander »

there are mixed reviews about xs, to be on the safe side i would give xxxx a ring or go to their website, they have some of the best out there. failing that try rouge, thats where i got mine from and its the dogs.

cheers karam

p.s. make sure you use the support bracket to prevent cracking, whichever brand you choose.
MK_Steve

Post by MK_Steve »

Do Rogue still do 'em?

There are listed on their website as being discontinued.

Does that mean they are not making 'em anymore and are just left with what they've got in stock?

Patrick?

Steve
zak_godsell

Post by zak_godsell »

i just looked on the rouge site as i am after a downpipe too,but it said discontinued.tb still have not got any in either
Century Motorsport

Post by Century Motorsport »

i have an xs power dp. Its been on for about a year and has now cracked quite bad. But for £80 im not complaining
Matty_GTS

Post by Matty_GTS »

I got an XSPower Downpipe from GTSChris who sold it to me as something else for £180!!!

It cracked after a few months, had it welded up and not problems for last 9 months
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Matty_GTS wrote:I got an XSPower Downpipe from GTSChris who sold it to me as something else for £180!!!

It cracked after a few months, had it welded up and not problems for last 9 months

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Rory

Post by Rory »

Matty_GTS wrote:I got an XSPower Downpipe from GTSChris who sold it to me as something else for £180!!!

How do you know its a XS power pipe? Did Chris tell you? Im not calling you a liar but you cant just make statements like that on a public forum without evidence.

Rory
My MR2 for sale! Check out the for sale section
paulmann

Post by paulmann »

If you mount the support bracket then it should be fine on the xs power ones.
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

i'm not commenting on the xs power brand under pushment of death :-$

But thought i would say that i've ordered 25 downpipe which should be here shortly. there was an unforseen delay thats why the restock didn't arrive before i ran out of stock.

Not sure on the rogue downpipe but he's had a few of mine to sell to customers, dan at dc design does the same. There all my brand downpipe. Also i've not supplied a bracket with my downpipe as never needed one. not one cracked. Although i'm having some made up for my turbo kits as a safety measure against studs loosening on the kits, and found a solution was more support so i'll have them on the website once they get fabricated for people who want to be overly safe.

Tim
xxxx
Matty_GTS

Post by Matty_GTS »

I was reliably informed that he used to sell them when i got mine.

Its a exact copy of a pipe purchased from XS themselves and when i tried to contact him on numerous occasions my mails went unanswered!

Poor customer service and needless to say i never purchased anything else from him! :(
hicks

Post by hicks »

bought an xs power one, lasted a year with the support bracket in place.

bought another one as no one else had any in stock but the support bracket was too short and wouldnt fit. checked it this morning and its already started to crack #-o has only been on the car 2-3 months.

tim let me know when you have one in stock and ill have one from you.

gonna see what i can do with this in the mean time to try and stop it blowing and cracking further.
ICEMAN

Post by ICEMAN »

I will have one of them downpipes of you when you get them in Tim. Any ideas when that might be? :-k :lol:
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

i've been told by the fabricator i'm looking at 2 weeks to dispatch. Fingures crossed. [-o<

Tim
xxxx
ICEMAN

Post by ICEMAN »

xxxx wrote:i've been told by the fabricator i'm looking at 2 weeks to dispatch. Fingures crossed. [-o<

Tim
xxxx

Ok mate will keep my eyes open :shock: :lol:
smiffy1982

Post by smiffy1982 »

This topic gets brought up time n time again, with mixed reviews,use the search button if you got time and want to read in more depth, im personally gonna be waiting the 2weeks for a tb downpipe heard nothing but good things
scoops

Post by scoops »

where abouts do they crack? i'll have to have a nosey at mine
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

cheers for the vote of confidence on my work guys :) thanks means alot.

I'm doing my best to get them here asap.

Tim
xxxx
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

I think i may be just purchasing one of those downpipes from tim aswell....... I've seen the xs power one's on Hicks car and i've seen the crack's :shock:
Can't belive the one he's just put on has also started to crack :cry:

Alex you gonna help me fit mine buddy :wink:

Return to “Modifications”