TOTB V - Photos (inc timing boards)

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

michael

TOTB V - Photos (inc timing boards)

Post by michael »

A few pics for you to look over, I tried to take photos of the TVs so you could see all the times as well, a very respectable performance from everyone on the IMOC team, well done chaps!

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/mine/totb5
jonno

Re: TOTB V - Photos (inc timing boards)

Post by jonno »

It was a good day! Except for poor Andy, i couldnt believe what I was hearing over the tannoy at first :(

I only did one 1/4 - anyone get the ticket?
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
michael

Post by michael »

I picked up a couple of tickets that were there when everyone had gone, can't remember what number they were off the top of my head, I'll dig them out later.
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

HOLY CRAP Mitch, where was this?!

476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
michael

Post by michael »

Steve Horrocks wrote:HOLY CRAP Mitch, where was this?!

It was on the M62, near junction 35 I think, I went that way to avoid the traffic heading to the A64, didn't quite work out as planned.
Nick Bryant

Post by Nick Bryant »

=D> theres some great photos,i just wish i could have been there
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Nice pics Michael =D>

Just got back in, and have got to say well done team IMOC - there were some very impressive '2s there, and some good results recorded. The Curse of TOTB did throw a few gremlins in the works - Andy, Andi - hope you get your '2s sorted OK.

One of the focuses of the weekend was the RWD Handling and looking though Michael's pics here are the results:

Congratulations to Jonno for getting up there in 7th place - that's very good going against specials like Westerfields and Dax Rushes - the only 'road' cars quicker were Dodge Vipers (!)

On Rear wheel drive results, it looks like a few people's runs were missing :( but Michael Commons got 150mph terminal speed on the 1 mile run, as well as (I think) a 12.1 1/4 mile ..

OK, Some of my Pics - you can get the full set here

Toni's TRD 2000GT MR2 was looking fantastic, and had just had a very special engine build completed just in time for TOTB.

The TOTB V film crew also took a lot of interest in it, and interviewed Toni:

All the '2s competing were spotlessly turned out, it has to be said, and the IMOC stand was I think the only Club stand out there at all - all the others appeared to be tuners looking after their demo cars, or customer cars..

The Handling course and the1/4 mile areas were the two main crowd pullers :

The queues were fairly long for both the 1/4 mile and handling circuit - I think everyone would have liked to have got a few extra runs in if there had been time, but with cars breaking down on the handling circuit (a fiat Coupe lost a NSF wheel :shock: and a Scooby lost a fibreglass door panel on the 1/4 mile) meant qualification time slipped by too rapidly ..

TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

was a great day, first TOTB and i'm glad i went. was nice to catch up some old faces and put some names to the new ones :)

Good pics micheal and best of all you didn't get any of me in the background looking dodgy :D

Tim
xxxx
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

xxxx wrote:
Good pics micheal and best of all you didn't get any of me in the background looking dodgy :D

now if that's not a guilty conscience i don't know what is!
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

mate the amount of pictures floating around this forum of me in the middle of doing something stupid or looking like a homosexual is unreal :?

don't photograph well, thats the excuse for being an ugly fooker anyway :wink:

Tim
xxxx
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

BenF wrote:

The TOTB V film crew also took a lot of interest in it, and interviewed Toni:

Ben I was interviewed 3 times!!!!! 3!!!!!

1st time I was caught unexpected.

"what are you doing"
Me: "cooking"
"what you cooking?"
Me: "Meat,.... er chicken and err stuff... sausages..."
PMSL
I was also put off by the fact the lady kept rubbing her chest on my arm! Well not put off..... :mrgreen:

The second lady that interviewed me I think I fell in love with =P~ but I bigged up IMOC and they got a few shots of the flags etc etc.

The third, they wanted to show me cooking so I arranged the burgers into some modelling poses pmsl

:lol:
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

afpmsl!

you have the tidy blonde bird then the amazing chinesey type looking one? now she was fine!
steveybMR2-173

Post by steveybMR2-173 »

Damn, looks like I missed out on a top day, fantastic pics, ah ha I have seen that amazing TRD before!

www.mr2only.com - cracking '2' read
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Steve Horrocks wrote:afpmsl!

you have the tidy blonde bird then the amazing chinesey type looking one? now she was fine!

Yep the blonde one was first. Kept rubbing herself on me. Not that I was complaining :lol:

The one I fell in love with is here in this pic. Brunette in on the right:
She was damn fine!
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

isn't the blonde one that nadine geary or how ever you spell it?

Tim
xxxx
jonno

Post by jonno »

BenF wrote:....Congratulations to Jonno for getting up there in 7th place - that's very good going against specials like Westerfields and Dax Rushes - the only 'road' cars quicker were Dodge Vipers (!)

Thanks Ben, for once the car ran perfectly all day. If only the handling circuit queues were shorter I think I could have knocked another second or so off the time - but everyone was in the same boat. I think I managed 3 out of my 5 runs, with each queue taking an hour!!.

Im not sure I could have gotten close to the quicker 4wd cars though, the circuit was really technical in places and 3 laps wasnt enough for me to get the best out of the car, I nearly span twice on my sighting lap and my first quick lap was more like a rally stage than a sprint - In my defence I guess the EVO's were relying on some of their clever technology to help them out, especially in the last corner and the slowly tightening mid section, I suspect most of them had another 150bhp on me too!. As for the megabusa's and dax, they were ~750bhp per TON!!, unless we sabotage them by dropping lead weights in their cars whilst they are not looking I doubt we will ever get close!!.

Well pleased with the result though, and what a great day!!

Neil.
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
FreeFall

Post by FreeFall »

Some nice pics there Michael - good to finally meet you too :)

Were the timing screen shots taken at the end of the day? I put in a 161.1 mph run toward the end of the day (still have the slip) but don't see it on this screen. Would have put me 7th on that list :-k

michael

Post by michael »

FreeFall wrote:Some nice pics there Michael - good to finally meet you too :)

Nice to meet you (and others) too :)

Were the timing screen shots taken at the end of the day? I put in a 161.1 mph run toward the end of the day (still have the slip) but don't see it on this screen. Would have put me 7th on that list :-k

The pics were taken after the event finished but chances are they weren't the final figures, they seem to lag behind a fair bit.;
EarL

Post by EarL »

Fantastic weekend, a great event, and the utmost respect to all who took part. =D>

When I left, MikeJC was at 7th position in the RWD 1/4 mile times. Now that's what I call respectable. The car looked and performed superbly all day, screaming up the quarter mile every time.

Seeing as it was up against some of the hardest looking and sounding machinery in the UK, an incredible performance. Well done mate, and to Patrick and Rogue Motorsport for preparing such a superb MR2. =D>

The rest of the team and Michael Canny (great to meet you mate) for organising it, did us proud. We can hold our heads up high and know that the MR2 was represented superbly by IMOC.

Lastly...

Comiserations to Andy Forster (AndyF), who's beatifully prepared MRD machine, lost virtually the entire contents of its sump on the start line of the quarter mile, when the oil filter relocating kit pipe decided it no longer needed to be attached to the engine. :shock:

The car shot off like a scalded cat trailing a huge plume of smoke after it, but stopped at the end of the mile straight for some time while Andy tried to fathom out what had happened. It was seen parked up in the public car park for a while, only to return later in the afternoon to try again.

Smoke again on the next run, and this time after returning to the pits it was confirmed that his big end bearings had picked up and were indeed shot.

Gutted for you mate. :(

EarL.
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
redeye32uk

Post by redeye32uk »

Yet another great imoc day, well done all... =D> And comiserations to Andy (hope it wans't the curse of my Battery strap #-o ). Just a couple of the hundreds of pics i took......

Why look at a Lambo when theres a hot tubby to see
TBDevelopements wrote:mate the amount of pictures floating around this forum of me in the middle of doing something stupid or looking like a homosexual is unreal

Sorry bud
450wbhp comming soon

Return to “Past Events”