Pics of the MKI As Promissed

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

System-G

Pics of the MKI As Promissed

Post by System-G »

The not so bad bits:

System-G

Re: Pics of the MKI As Promissed

Post by System-G »

And the not so good bits:

I will probably have to replace the front wings and air dam (possibly also the nose)

Rear arches aren't too bad, but could probably do with re-sorting:

MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

As a rough guide, I too have had to get a new front wing and a new lower front panel (the ones on the corner, like where yours is corroded)... 110 +vat for the wing... and an astonishing 50 +vat for the tiny little corner panel!!! :evil:
Jon Bradley

Post by Jon Bradley »

i got an immaculate front wing off a guy who was breaking a car on ebay - only cost me £40 and if you make some rust preventative measures (underbody sealant) it should last you as long as a brand new one. Also mine was in the right colour so didnt need to get it resprayed, whereas new ones are only primed i believe. Could save you some cash buying 2nd hand?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

That doesn't look too bad a buy. I paid slightly more for mine, but it was in slightly better condition. My front valence had a couple of bubbles in it but when the paint was removed there was a few holes there, i had it plated no problem and you can't see the repair at all now:

As there are a few panels that need sorting out you may well be able to get the front valence repaired. The front wings don't look too good so you'd be better off replacing them and getting the whole front end re-sprayed.

The rear arches have been done, so may just need some tidying. Going on what i paid to sort mine out i'm guessing you are looking around the £500-700ish to get it sorted.

If you don't want those rubbing strips, i've got my eyes on the front ones! ;)
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

what are your plans for the car if you dont mind me asking?
System-G

Post by System-G »

Paul Woods wrote:what are your plans for the car if you dont mind me asking?

It will be restored to original state whilst I use it for weekend fun (not thrashing). The restoration will take about a year as and when budget is available.
There has been a plan on me getting a Rev3+ tubby ever since I had to sell my UK Rev3 a couple of years ago. I hope to keep the MKI even after I have the tubby sorted 8)
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

good man,now if only a few others saved the odd mk1,these early cars are getting rarer by the day.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”