FSE Boost Valve for N/A!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Antstarr

FSE Boost Valve for N/A!

Post by Antstarr »

Are these good for performance gains? Apparantly is supposed to increase fuel intake by an extra 1.7 times and you should feel more acceleration. Some who have claimed they got mid 6's on 0-60 along with the induction and decat.

I have been told you get good gains on the tubby but how would it perform on the NA and is it worth investing in?

Thx
JAP BOY

Re: FSE Boost Valve for N/A!

Post by JAP BOY »

There isn't alot of good which people will say about these!
I had one of these on my old N/A and with a few Rolling Road sessions i got rid of flat spots which mine had for some reason!

if you intend on staying N/a for life then get it but as for getting huge gains in hp you wont see much if any at all! Also mate mid 6s on a N/A is interesting believe me i've tried but you need a hell of alot more to get mid 6s not to mention the N/As poo clutch!

hope this helps
platmatt

Post by platmatt »

few topics about this, do a search.
Antstarr

Post by Antstarr »

Jap Boy what rev is yours?
I think mine is currently hitting late 6's as mines a rev1 and I can just keep up with my m8s manual V6 FTO Mivec but I just want a tad more pulling force without going tubby yet.

Done a search on FSE boost valves and I hear it eats more fuel on the Mk1 SC and has had mixture of opinions for the turbo however I find it hard to believe only one person has tried it for they're mk2 NA!

I take it no 1 on here really knows?
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

More fuel DOESNT equal more power.
The RIGHT air to fuel mix is whats needed to up power.

These things are usually used if you have mods allowing above average air into the engine. IMO an induction kit doesnt constitute this. Think more higher lift cams and modded head, a chip and a tad extra fuel at the top end when it's all singing and dancing.

Just adding more fuel when there's no need with lose you power if anything and possibly end up damaging the engine as well as ruining your mpg.
JAP BOY

Post by JAP BOY »

Mine is a rev1 with a polished head when i had it i was getting 147lbs of torque with 170hp i had no problems with the FTOs thou

Return to “Modifications”