Help needed from VOLK TE37 owners

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Flamby

Help needed from VOLK TE37 owners

Post by Flamby »

Heya people,
I own some volk te37s and everytime I need them taking off I have to go see my mechanic which is a pain in the ar$e, for those who have these wheels you'll know how tight a space it is to get a socket around the wheel bolts.
I would love it if someone could reccomend or show me a socket that will fit into the small space around the bolts on the wheels, I've tried thin walled deep 21inch sockets with no luck so there must be a special type out there that I am missing.
any recommendations would be awesome.
Dan
Bry

Re: Help needed from VOLK TE37 owners

Post by Bry »

Flamby wrote:Heya people,
I own some volk te37s and everytime I need them taking off I have to go see my mechanic which is a pain in the ar$e, for those who have these wheels you'll know how tight a space it is to get a socket around the wheel bolts.
I would love it if someone could reccomend or show me a socket that will fit into the small space around the bolts on the wheels, I've tried thin walled deep 21inch sockets with no luck so there must be a special type out there that I am missing.
any recommendations would be awesome.
Dan

Change the wheel nuts to one that use an Allen key socket to undo them?
Watch out OZ here I come !!
Flamby

Post by Flamby »

hmmm yeah, I gotta say I haven't seen wheels nuts like that but I'll have to look.
the mechanic who usually removes them for me uses a special impact socket jobby on his air gun, so atleast I know the socket exists to remove bolts from these wheels :)
Bry

Post by Bry »

Flamby wrote:hmmm yeah, I gotta say I haven't seen wheels nuts like that but I'll have to look.
the mechanic who usually removes them for me uses a special impact socket jobby on his air gun, so atleast I know the socket exists to remove bolts from these wheels :)

You can get those nuts for most places that sell wheels,or alternatively ask your mechanic what size the socket is he uses and order one from Snap on for yourself
Watch out OZ here I come !!
Flamby

Post by Flamby »

cheers bry, think I will :) just wanted to see if anyone knew wat it was on here so I could just order it :) cheers for your help mate
FreeFall

Post by FreeFall »

I think they are called 'Tuner Nuts' aren't they? Can you let me know what you find out as I'm looking for a set too for my Volk Racing CV Pro's that I bought from Chris Billing eons ago and have still not got round to fitting :oops: .

I'll have a scout around as well and let you know what I find.

Nick
Century Motorsport

Post by Century Motorsport »

why dont you take your socket to a local machining company and get them to turn the socket down to the right size. Im sure they wouldnt charge you much more than buying a new socket as it would only be a 5 min job.
Flamby

Post by Flamby »

ah sweet freefall that sounds cool, I'll have a look around for them too, if you find out that would be great to know :)

yeah idea sounds good nathanfreke but wouldnt that weaken the socket loads? cheers for your help guys, its really annoying not being able to take them off whenever I want.
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

My te37's come off without a problem, i've the original light weight rays nuts with them too.
Flamby

Post by Flamby »

so jonb you manage to get a socket to fit in that tight space around the nut? I have the original nuts too, just cant seem to find a 21inch socket thin walled enough to fit round those bolts :( thanks for your help though
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

I'll check in the morning :)
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I took my car to Halfords, and a nice chap kept trying sockets until we found one that fitted. :) Flutter your eyelashes and they'll do the work for you....oh wait, if you're a bloke it might not work! LOL :wink:

Seriously it is a tactic to go to Halfords with the problem, depends on who is on the desk but I've always found the tool guys pretty good.
T
Flamby

Post by Flamby »

yeah good point tonigmr2, I even have a very reliable mate on the tool desk at the local halfords, never thought of him #-o lol will go get it sorted tomorrow :D thanks mate.
Jode

WHeel nuts

Post by Jode »

I have this problem with my toms rims, to the point where the last tyre place couldnt even do up my locking wheel nut , i found it on the drive today... hmmm #-o
one good thing with this problem is that your wheels are difficult to steal like this..LOL

http://www.trdsales.com/shop/addprod.as ... temid=1441

I did however find these , they arnt cheap though and i have emailed fensport just now to find out the details from them, so ill post the details when i get them if anyone is interested
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

I thought this seems a little odd.

My rays nuts are 19's, standard sockets fit over them just fine.

kenny.c

Post by kenny.c »

Flamby wrote:yeah good point tonigmr2, I even have a very reliable mate on the tool desk at the local halfords, never thought of him #-o lol will go get it sorted tomorrow :D thanks mate.

I had the same problem with my current wheels.....i ended up using a draper socket.
Flamby

Post by Flamby »

hmm odde how some are alright and some arn't, will be interesting to see how you get on with those trd bolts though mate.

yeah Ive asked my mechanic if he can get one for me from snap on so hopefully will get it soon and then I can figure out why the hell its so special :D lol

Return to “Modifications”