Ultimate solution for extra power...

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mk1Chris

Ultimate solution for extra power...

Post by Mk1Chris »

Just found this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4AGE-AE8 ... dZViewItem

Have decided that for £20 odd, the 5% power increase is a bargain! ](*,)
kevin..in

Re: Ultimate solution for extra power...

Post by kevin..in »

seen them before while thay may have a slight benefit (anything that keeps the intake cool should have) how would you insulate the manifold from conducted heat via the bolts that hold it on? maybe we should knock out some ceramic ones :shock:
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

a gasket that gives BHP! what a load of nonsense,i suppose the hot coolant flowing through the waxstat on the throttle body is causing a 10bhp loss then? dear oh dear :roll: spend your £20 on optimax.
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

i`ve seen these as well. #-o
i`ve got a tin of ceramic paint i could buy a load of standard ones and paint them. i would only sell them for £17.49 not the rip of £20 !!
you could buy a few beers with £20 much better value. 15 where paul lives and 5 down here !
jem

Post by jem »

Insulating inlet manifold gaskets add approx 3bhp to the Mazda V6 24valve engine. I doubt there would be any noticeable difference on a 4AGE though.
firstmk1

Post by firstmk1 »

I think you'd be better off adjusting the cam timing.
ligertigon

Post by ligertigon »

If 1mm of "spaceage" material insulates so well. Why not insulate your attic with it, or you walls, or make arctic jackets out of it, or wet suits, or have fridge doors wafer thin, or .....
The only reason the Tvis is cold(relative to head), is because of the temperature of the entering ambient air.
JMR_AW11

Post by JMR_AW11 »

Just look at this!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... _Stores_IT

Who needs a supercharger when you can get 30% more power with these gizmos. :clown: :clown:

Studies have shown stationary vortex generators greatly increase an engines airflow and fuel atomization for more horsepower (up to 20%) and better fuel efficiency (up to 35% increase). The idea is simple, spiraling air moves with greater velocity and efficiency through a cars intake tract. More air=More power, its that simple. Additionally the spiraling air atomizes the fuel better allowing for more complete combustion. Your cars computer reads the changes and compensates by eliminating excess fuel delivery, resulting in better fuel efficiency. Also, believe it or not, vehicles with Auto Trans will shift smoother than ever

Studies have shown Magnetic Fuel Extenders greatly increase fuel atomization for more horsepower (up to 10%) and better fuel effeciency (up to 15% increase). The idea is simple, a more consistent mixture of fuel burns more completely and cleanly. Your cars computer reads the changes and compensates by eliminating excess fuel delivery, resulting in better fuel effeciency.

Installation for the Fuel Ionizer is easy, you simply install it around your fuel feed line close to your fuel rail. Usually installation only takes a few minutes and your hands.

Steady at the back there! Form an orderly queue guys......
jem

Post by jem »

jem wrote:Insulating inlet manifold gaskets add approx 3bhp to the Mazda V6 24valve engine. I doubt there would be any noticeable difference on a 4AGE though.

Admittedly, the insulationg gaskets for the Mazda V6 are nearly an inch thick and the inlet manifold does suffer alot of heat soak as it is mounted on top of the engine. I doubt there would be any difference on a 4AGE though.

This thing is total pap though:

crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

"creats a magnetic field that separates hydrogen clusters" !! now i know neodymium magnets are strong but this is just b***ocks. still some americans will buy it. it could do with being chrome plated that would add another couple of hp for sure. :shock:

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”