Window button

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

miss mk1

Window button

Post by miss mk1 »

Ive had some work done on the electronics on my mk1b recently and im trying to get everything working, theres only a few things left to do, im just curious about one thing:

i have a switch to take the window down automatically, i.e press it once and it will go all the way down but the other side of the switch doesnt do the same to take the window back up, does it even have this feature or is mine simply not working?

thanks

Tegan x
Mk1Chris

Re: Window button

Post by Mk1Chris »

Its not standard to have an auto-up feature, for some reason they only have auto-down.

However, the super electronics man Jimi has a mod you can do to make it have both if you wish... if only i can remember where the guide is...
miss mk1

Post by miss mk1 »

Thats answered my question nicely, thank you :wink: , im just looking to make sure that everything that should work does work, at the moment if its not broke im not gonna try to fix it lol :P

Thank you for your help :)

Tegan x
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

I believe the auto up function was on superchargers. I presume that this may also be a feature on some imports such as the G-limited N/a's and supereditions too.
System-G

Post by System-G »

Mmmm... My 1a doesn't have auto down let alone auto up... count yourself lucky 8)
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
miss mk1

Post by miss mk1 »

i do count myself lucky garrick , because its one of the things that actually does work lol :lol:
gpk

Post by gpk »

System-G wrote:Mmmm... My 1a doesn't have auto down let alone auto up... count yourself lucky 8)

Mines a 1a and it does have auto down, i'm pretty sure they all do. Sure your pressing the right bit?

You should be pressing what seems to be the raised surround which is around the normal up/down drivers window switch. It can be very stiff if it hasn't been used for a while.
coverco

Auto Up

Post by coverco »

Hi
The link to Jimis mod is here http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/index.php?name=K ... ow&kid=179

Its really easy to do and works as it should.
anna

Post by anna »

That's a restricted link....

Is it 'copyright' or can the content be copied here?
HT

Post by HT »

gpk wrote:
System-G wrote:Mmmm... My 1a doesn't have auto down let alone auto up... count yourself lucky 8)

Mines a 1a and it does have auto down, i'm pretty sure they all do. Sure your pressing the right bit?

You should be pressing what seems to be the raised surround which is around the normal up/down drivers window switch. It can be very stiff if it hasn't been used for a while.

I've had a mk1a and a mk1b and neither had auto down facility for the electric windows :( ... they didn't appear to be any probs with the windows in either vehicle :?
HT

Post by HT »

mr2mk1chick wrote:I believe the auto up function was on superchargers. I presume that this may also be a feature on some imports such as the G-limited N/a's and supereditions too.

Perhaps UK legislation wouldn't permit the fitment of the auto up function?
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

HT wrote:
gpk wrote:

I've had a mk1a and a mk1b and neither had auto down facility for the electric windows :( ... they didn't appear to be any probs with the windows in either vehicle :?

Erm, HT - you have! :) The red one has auto down - I even used it whilst I was there!!!!! :lol: 8)
HT

Post by HT »

j0nathan wrote:
HT wrote:
gpk wrote:

Erm, HT - you have! :) The red one has auto down - I even used it whilst I was there!!!!! :lol: 8)

Okay stand corrected - obvious operator error involved here :whistle: , when I get my car back I'll check again!!! - is the passenger side window openign yet ??
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

HT wrote:
j0nathan wrote:
HT wrote:

Okay stand corrected - obvious operator error involved here :whistle: , when I get my car back I'll check again!!! - is the passenger side window openign yet ??

Not had a chance to look yet - it's not long stopped raining and is now getting dark.
coverco

Post by coverco »

anna
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:40 pm Post subject:

Sorry about that, I guess you would have to ask Jimi. Maybe we could call it a 'Jimi Window', oops I fear this could lead to serious moderation.
Mk1Chris

Post by Mk1Chris »

coverco wrote:
anna
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:40 pm Post subject:

Sorry about that, I guess you would have to ask Jimi. Maybe we could call it a 'Jimi Window', oops I fear this could lead to serious moderation.

Yeah, was unsure about that myself, hence the vague reply... but i'm sure most inter-web-net style people can search other related forums anyway :) .

Just to say my Mk1a and Mk1b both have auto-down, but not up. Saying that tho, the Mk1b only has down full stop!! Now where's that replacement switch i got off ebay...
System-G

Post by System-G »

I might be wrong on mine.

If memory serves me correctly, if you push (or pull) the switch down all the way it might go into auto-mode but if you only pull the switch half way, it's sort of manual down???
I drive a fair few car/vans at any given time so it's difficult to remember off hand. I'll have to check.

With my driver's mechanism being totally "messed" up (kind terminology). I don't really want it going down automatically :oops:
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

System-G wrote:I might be wrong on mine.

If memory serves me correctly, if you push (or pull) the switch down all the way it might go into auto-mode but if you only pull the switch half way, it's sort of manual down???

Its not the middle toggle switch bit, but the fatter square surrrounding bit to the switch (but could be different on the early 1a's)
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

mr2mk1chick wrote:(but could be different on the early 1a's)

No, this is the same mechanism across both 1a's and 1b's.
jimi

Post by jimi »

The how-to for "auto up" on the drivers window is on my website CLICKY
Jimi
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”