Chav Scum

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Goldy

Chav Scum

Post by Goldy »

Parked me Mr2 last night bout 8 down a side street in manchester city centre, come back at 10 and some chav has smashed my window and nicked the stereo. I'm not so bothered about the stereo like, its the fact that the new window is goin to be £250 fitted, I have a screwdriver hole in the rubber seal round the door, and the've completely xxxxx up my stereo wiring!! The worst thing is they nicked my faithless cd and the MOS annual which was a birthday present... I'm totally gutted!! My stereo was in my sheaddy rover for 2 years and no-one even took a second glance! I had it in the mr2 to 2 weeks and its gone!!!!! Goin to go run some chavs over now my rover!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhh
Mark Edwards

Re: Chav Scum

Post by Mark Edwards »

Gutted for you mate, some real sh!theads out there. :x
craig

Post by craig »

That makes my f*ckin blood boil!!!

AR*EHOLES :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

My stereo is bolted to the car, to get to it you will have to
do alot of work to get to it!

I never keep the front display with it either
Baker

Post by Baker »

not always good...cos they use even more force to remove it. end up taking half the front dash woth them. :cry:
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Baker wrote:not always good...cos they use even more force to remove it. end up taking half the front dash woth them. :cry:

Probable yes, but also the front display isnt there either
the car is right outside my bedroom window at night
when i leave the car any length of time away from the house
its only about 5mins, it'd take alot longer to get the radio out
than 5mins.

Not saying im secure but its alot safer than just a slot in
cdplayer
craig

Post by craig »

BLOODUK wrote:
the car is right outside my bedroom window at night

Mine too! :lol:
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

good good :lol: :D
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

Bad news fella, know how you feel :(
What kind of insurance policy do you have ?
I only have a £50 excess on glass & it doesn't affect my no claims, which made me feel a bit better at least.
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

:evil:
shafster

Post by shafster »

i see your from manchester/ liverpool.

manchester is a scummy place, i lived there for 4 years and it was the only place where i had my stereo ice nicked from my other car. luckily they left the headunit and 6x9's. but nicked the subs and broke the rear quarter window. they were so dumb that instead of opening the lock to get into the front, they tried bending the door back, mis-shaping it like a mo fo.

hope you get it sorted mate.
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

cheers guys, it aint so bad i've had a look at it in the light of day, the stereo wiring is fixable me thinks, i need a standard adaptor or something to sort that out and probably need to crimp on some new bits.... The car is at autoglass at the mo whilst they put in a new window ( -£250) :-s

Looks like i'm goin to have to wait a bit to buy me alloys now :'(

As for the comments about manchester I think its soo true. I've lived in liverpool for for 19 years without any bother, and in 3 years here, i've been attempted mugged and had my car broken into twice! Mebby its just where I live lol!
Hurstie1981

Post by Hurstie1981 »

I feel for you mate!
I had a very similar problem, i was a student in manchester, but didnt want to leave my car in the city centre, so i used to get the train.......and yes you guesed it, it got broken into in the car park grrr!!! Smashed my rear quarterlight and had a good mooch about. Took my cd's, but no facia as it was with me :o). They left all the stuff i had in the boot, about £600 of cricket gear lol!
Luckily i have a policy where its £50 per window on insurace.
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

anyone try one of the strengthen film ?? withstand base ball bat ??
thinking one, and tinted windows, but been told people will smash the tinted windows more ?? :shock:
nikaso

Post by nikaso »

I would have thought in the mind of the chav if they see tinted windows they are more likely to get some stuff out of it, ICE etc.

If you stuck this safety film on wouldn't it just frustrate the chavs and they would cane the rest of the car in retribution?
craigt1097

Happened to mi 2

Post by craigt1097 »

I woke up Xmas day to find some ******** had put my windown through and tried to take the stereo, Mine was also bolted in and thankfully it was the stereo that snaped not the car. cost £50 (through insurance) to replace window and another £150 for a new stereo. Wose thing is they have dinted my door frame and i had to go 2 weeks with no window because it was xmas and new year no one could get hold of the right coloured tinted glass. and they did not even get anything.... :evil: :evil: :evil:
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

You think you got problems , i found out today my mum was called a whore and a slut by chavs walking to the train station just because she parked her car outside a brothel to walk up the road to her house, as there was nowhere else to park.

It was already closed down once then reopened , police wont do ANYTHING!

edit : gah if i was there :x :x :x :roll:
Goldy

The Plot Thickens....

Post by Goldy »

Erm got some bad news..... I can't find my service book which has all my mot certificates, insurance and V5 in it..... The cars at autoglass, but I don't think it was in the car, it might have been behind the seat in the box thing. I'm hoping that if it was in the car its there! Its deffinately not here as i've just cleared out my room looking! Could be at home in liverpool but I'm not sure... .AAAAAA
Raf

Re: The Plot Thickens....

Post by Raf »

Goldy wrote:Erm got some bad news..... I can't find my service book which has all my mot certificates, insurance and V5 in it..... The cars at autoglass, but I don't think it was in the car, it might have been behind the seat in the box thing. I'm hoping that if it was in the car its there! Its deffinately not here as i've just cleared out my room looking! Could be at home in liverpool but I'm not sure... .AAAAAA

f*ckin hell mate hope u find ur docs.... probably the worst thing they could have taken... hopefully they probably dont know about the box behind the seats!
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

Aye, they turned up behind the seat when I got it back from auto-glass... I was crappin it!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”