IMOC Trackday - Anglesey March 2006

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

anna

Re: IMOC Trackday - Anglesey March 2006

Post by anna »

Think you might have missed him Dom - he *should* technically be on the road by now.

Paul port might be able to help if he's about...?

Anywho - will be on the road ourselves soon. Any more for the party tomoz come and find me at the trackday tomorrow - i'll be the one with 'anna' written across my back :)
DoM

Post by DoM »

Doh, I thought I might of missed him!
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

"Bearding" disaster...
Got to bed at 4am last night, started my brakes at 9pm too!

*In Steve's mind* - "I'd best do the brakes now, probably be finished by 1030 at the latest"

Rear cylinders were a MASSIVE pita, refused to turn or wind in - plus I was lacking the correct tool (used end of a spanner last time with no effort!), all on and working now albeit hugely spongey with the stopping power of roller skates on ice, so I now need to go out there and bleed the things -sans helper, will grab an EZ bleed now.
5 hour drive should be sufficient to bed them in.
I think I broke the British record for "longest distance a spanner has been thrown in anger" last night though :)
This weekend had better be bloody good!
MartG

Post by MartG »

Its always the 'simple' jobs that throw up unexpected difficulties, especially when you're short of time ( or in your case, short of sleep ) :roll:

Hope you get them bled OK ( approaching the hairpin is NOT a good time to discover your brakes have packed in )
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

Done and dusted :)
Shall be hitting the road in the next hour, see you all there! :)
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

Goto10 wrote:Done and dusted :)
Shall be hitting the road in the next hour, see you all there! :)

Leaving London in about 30mins, see you all in four hours :(((((
MartG

Post by MartG »

Leaving at 6am - see you there :D
ldavies83

Post by ldavies83 »

Leaving at 5 am seeya there If I'm awake :lol:
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

you might just get away wih it, saying 'light' rain at the moment, good luck
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

Just got back!!, the weather was wonderful most of the day, not a drop of rain in sight untill the end. I had an awesome day out, anglesey is deffo reccomended, cheers to lauren, and those who helped make the day what it was =D>

Only 1 spin all day on my budget tyres (right at the end of the day) \:D/

Also cheers to everyone who gave me passenger rides you're all legends :mrgreen:

I'll put my photos up soon, but my video quality is a bit poor, the camera was shaking too much to get decent footage I think. ](*,)
ImageImage
MartG

Post by MartG »

Yes - incredibly lucky with the weather. Fine all day despits the gloomy forecast, just a few spots of rain at the very end.

Then this morning I woke up to this ! :shock:

leewaring

Post by leewaring »

Fantastic day out. Another IMOC Trackday success. Thanks to Book A Track and Lauren for organising a great day.

I had loads of fun in my mk2. Was its first time on track and had just fitted adjustable suspension so was eager to find the limits and just what she could do! A little too eager some might say :mrgreen: But fun all the way!

My ditch finder tyres worked well, only taking my off track twice to the nearest ditch :lol: Over all learnt a lot about the cars handling and performance and also found out that its REALLY hard to drift! Hats off to Lauren who makes it look so simple. I think i'll get some pointers before trying again O:)

Thanks to the passenger rides and thanks to Jo for showing my the lines to take round the course. Thanks to Adam for demonstrating how a corsa can drift! Mucho fun :P Oh and thanks to the bloke who told me about Oulton Park later in the year! Sorry i'm bad with names but cheers, May be there!

So whens the next one?? :whistle: \:D/ :eye:
ldavies83

Post by ldavies83 »

hehe, glad everyone had good times. I certaintly did, I'm jelous theres still people out there today, however weather isnt as good.

Thanks Anna, Speedy, Lauren, Mark, Benf, Goldy, etc etc there where so many that made the day what it was! I got 11 hours kip last night, must have been shattered

Car was great, havent lost a drop of oil or coolant even when trying to rev the pants off the thing! (Mark (reanimation) will attest to that! :lol: )

It was great to see new faces aswell, moogy/reanimation and loads other of which I've not bumped into at the last one!

I dont have any decent photos, I'm waiting for Bro in Laws Film to be developed (but that could be years :lol:)

See you all at another one soon!
moogy

Post by moogy »

ldavies83 wrote:hehe, glad everyone had good times. I certaintly did, I'm jelous theres still people out there today, however weather isnt as good.

Thanks Anna, Speedy, Lauren, Mark, Benf, Goldy, etc etc there where so many that made the day what it was! I got 11 hours kip last night, must have been shattered

Car was great, havent lost a drop of oil or coolant even when trying to rev the pants off the thing! (Mark (reanimation) will attest to that! :lol: )

It was great to see new faces aswell, moogy/reanimation and loads other of which I've not bumped into at the last one!

I dont have any decent photos, I'm waiting for Bro in Laws Film to be developed (but that could be years :lol:)

See you all at another one soon!

I put some pics in the main section Leigh...I probably should have put them in here !
ldavies83

Post by ldavies83 »

Cheers Moogy, they were some ace shots! Impressive quality too!

Link for everyone else is: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 887#277887
MartG

Post by MartG »

Just a few clips from the 2nd novice session

Leigh's bro in law spinning at School

http://bookatrack.com/-PFmartg299524789 ... o/x-ms-wmv

A Mk3 spin at the Hairpin ( you can hear someone's tyres squealing as they avoid hitting my rear end too )

http://bookatrack.com/-PFmartg299524790 ... o/x-ms-wmv

And my offroad experience :roll:

http://bookatrack.com/-PFmartg299524791 ... o/x-ms-wmv

A pic of the result of my excursion :lol:

ldavies83

Post by ldavies83 »

Thanks for the video Martin, Made me and Tony Chuckle, obviously oversteered and didnt correct!
Adam_B

Post by Adam_B »

Cheers to everyone that made it happen, ace day :mrgreen: Big up to (sorry ive forgot your name already) the chap i was following and being followed by in the red mk1, awesome driving dude =D> hope you can get round to uploading or emailing me those pics.

my pics and vids are here

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32411
Gersen

Post by Gersen »

Muhhh.... 45 miles in 3 hours! - comedy snow for 50 miles on the A55 on the way back - we really lucked out on the weather for Saturday.

My thanks to all whose efforts brought the weekend about. :mrgreen:

Will shortly post photos of general lunacy as soon as I unpack the camera.
Why thank you - I grew it myself you know
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

My Photos and Video have been edited and compiled @

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 990#277990

:mrgreen: ... enjoy

Can't say how fun the day was.... tho soooo knackered, I worked out I spent nearly 10 hours driving that day or in a car anyway 8)
ImageImage

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”