SPARE WHEEL COVERS

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tony jinxy froude

SPARE WHEEL COVERS

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

[EDIT BY ADMIN] Hi all, Crazylegs & myself have just had these made up & we're just trying to gauge some interest at the moment, feedback so far has been superb & if these are sucessful we may well be able to offer these in different sizes & colours & even leather !, feedback on this is welcomed both good & bad please & i promise i wont thow my tools out of the pram :mrgreen: , cheers, Jinxy
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: SPARE WHEEL COVERS

Post by Lauren »

Tony you can guage interest but you are not allowed to sell for two reasons. A) you need to be an authorised advertiser and (B) you are not allowed to sell items in the general section.

They look very good though.

If you want to join as an affiliate then you need to contact Toni.

I'll let you guage interest for a short time, but i can't allow an ebay ad on here.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Tony jinxy froude

Lauren, to remove the link to ebay is totally unjustified. The item was on ebay for sale NOT on this site. If your going to remove my link to an ebay item then you must remove ALL links to every thread associated with ANY ebay item, as you have no way of telling if the person who started the thread OR anwers the thread is in fact the seller or not !!. In my opinion moderation on this site has gone way over the top & in this case it needs to be reconsidered. Jinxy
waelwulfas

Post by waelwulfas »

Sorry, had to smile, you can't advertise, but the moderator's car is for sale!!!!!!! :|
Tony jinxy froude

Well spotted that man !! =D> i wouldnt mind but i wasnt actually selling anything on IMOC. Ok we need moderation, but its getting worse on here, soon we will be like the Drivers club where you cant say anything at all !!!,. A rather pi$$ed off Jinxy
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Tony jinxy froude wrote:Lauren, to remove the link to ebay is totally unjustified. The item was on ebay for sale NOT on this site. If your going to remove my link to an ebay item then you must remove ALL links to every thread associated with ANY ebay item, as you have no way of telling if the person who started the thread OR anwers the thread is in fact the seller or not !!. In my opinion moderation on this site has gone way over the top & in this case it needs to be reconsidered. Jinxy

Tony, sorry there are very strict rules when it comes to traders advertising. Private sales are not the same, hence no issue with my car.

I know that ebay link is you/kev... so there is no way i can allow that. And besides you are showing an item that you clearly state is what you are making and then provide a link to it for sale. This contravenes traders rules, it really is dead simple.

what you should have done Tony, is simply pasted a picture of the wheel cover into your post as that would have been fine. You would still have been contacted by admin over affiliate/trader status.
Last edited by Lauren on Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

waelwulfas wrote:Sorry, had to smile, you can't advertise, but the moderator's car is for sale!!!!!!! :|

Private sales are not the same as Trade sales. Surely i do not need to explain why.
Tony jinxy froude

Sorry Lauren but i totally disagree, if that was the case then why not pull all the ebay links to any ebay item ? how are you to know that those who started any ebay link thread was in fact the seller or not ?. So what your saying is that if i posted a link to my ebay item it would be removed, BUT if someone else was to post a link to my item THAT would be ok !! ?? :? Daft.. plain daft & totally wrong.... anyone on here want to comment either way ? . If im in the wrong then i will swallow my pride & appologise, but for the life of me i cant see where im in the wrong. Jinxy
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Tony jinxy froude wrote:Sorry Lauren but i totally disagree, if that was the case then why not pull all the ebay links to any ebay item ? how are you to know that those who started any ebay link thread was in fact the seller or not ?. So what your saying is that if i posted a link to my ebay item it would be removed, BUT if someone else was to post a link to my item THAT would be ok !! ?? :? Daft.. plain daft & totally wrong.... anyone on here want to comment either way ? . If im in the wrong then i will swallow my pride & appologise, but for the life of me i cant see where im in the wrong. Jinxy

Sorry Tony,

Yes, basically if you post your own item it will be removed if others post your item then it is okay. But the difference is that you want to advertise on here selling an item, so there is a vested interest on your part and obviously you are selling for financial gain.

You post a thread saying that "Hi all, Crazylegs & myself have just had these made up & we're just trying to gauge some interest at the moment, feedback so far has been superb & if these are sucessful ".

This immediately implies that the ebay item you are showing is in fact yours. Because you are showing what you have had made.

The main problem with this, is that the item is clearly for sale. This breaks the forum rules because you have posted a link to your own item.

It also breaks the rules because you need to be an authorised advertiser on IMOC before you are allowed to advertise goods for profit.

It also breaks the rules because you have posted it in the General section.

Also i know with absolute certainty that the ebay account is you/kev solely because i've seen you guys advertise stuff before.
Tony jinxy froude

I still say your wrong for pulling it Lauren. I posted it in the general section because i was drawing attention to the fact that we were gauging interest & not in the selling section because we were not selling the item on the site. The general section is for ( & i quote ) General Post About All Things MR2 !. & this IS an MR2 related item, bu88er all in there about all things MR2.. except ebay items ???. as i said i will let others on here decide weather im in the right or not, but one thing is for sure IM not happy about the way this site is being moderated & i know im not alone on that one, Jinxy
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Lauren is not incorrect, she is enforcing the rules that every other authorised advertiser has to live by.

If you want to advertise items and make a profit on IMOC we expect you to put something back, and that means paying our affiliates fee. No pay, no advertise. It really is quite simple.

I am locking this thread now - if you wish to advertise you need to PM me.
T
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Just thought I would add something to this.

IMOC has grown hugely in traffic in the last year..our server needs have grown too. As such just basic hosting of the site for the next year is going to cost £1000+ . To cover this cost we ask that those making money from selling good on IMOC pay a very small fee.

To be fair to those who do pay this fee we have to be extra strict on this rule...otherwise those who have paid will see no point in doing so.

Private sales are still allowed free and infact the for sale is the second most viewed on the site..and is nearly as viewed as general. So posting in general is no advantage over for sale.

While I personally stay out of alot of moderation tasks, I can tell you we have very clear guidelines on what should be moderated. All moderators are meant to post in a special forum letting everyone know they are moderatoring a topic and why. This allows the other moderators to have input.

If you have ANY concerns about moderation then please let us know via [email protected] - This way you will bring it to the attention of the correct people and give them a chance to resolve anything.

Regards
Esmond

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”