TOAD Ai606 problems and complaint!

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

juliankv73

TOAD Ai606 problems and complaint!

Post by juliankv73 »

I had a Toad Ai606 fitted back in August and been having an intermittent problem with the sensor picking up an error with the bonnet which I know about. This is due to the installer not allowing enough slack in the wire to the pressure switch on the bonnet cowl.

However, my more pressing problem is the car not locking properly. It arms, but the locks dont always engage.

Today, twice i returned to the car and tried the door handle before disarming and it opened!???

I contacted the installer before re: bonnet issue and was told that his installer would come and check but if not the alarms fault, he will charge me the £150 call out charge!

So I am stuck, what should I do? Toyota say its the alarm, but I dont wanna fork out £150 call out charge.

I suggested if an installer was in the area could they swing by and just assess, but no, that cant be done.

Now I wish I used a local installer, then I'd not have this problem. As it is I used a nationwide company and am hitting a brick wall.

Any suggestions what i could try, take it to or just rip the whole thing out! GRRR ](*,) :evil:
Last edited by juliankv73 on Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phill_mr2GTS

Re: TOAD Ai606 problems and complaint!

Post by phill_mr2GTS »

hi there mate i have the installation manual and users manual for this alarm as i had a few problems with mine.i can send them you or put links up if that isd of any help.guess i would see if you can hear if the alarm triggers the central locking all the time or intermitantly. if it doesnt all the time then it will be the alarm so u have the right to get the installers out.
there is also a toad installer that frequents the website maybe he might be able to shed sonme light on your situation
cheers
juliankv73

Thanks!

Post by juliankv73 »

phill_mr2GTS wrote:hi there mate i have the installation manual and users manual for this alarm as i had a few problems with mine.i can send them you or put links up if that isd of any help.cheers

Hi,

That would be great as I cant make head nor tail of the sitiation. I am at the moment regretting having a "national company" fitting this and wished i had it fitted by a local company as I am sure that they would have looked at it in a heartbeat.

i would be grateful for any info or manuals you could provide! =D>

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Julian
chrisE

Post by chrisE »

I had the exact same problem with my current rev3 turbo, turned out that the engine lid sensor wasn't being pushed down quite properly when I closed the lid. Hence why my alarm went off at 3:00am several nights when it was windy, and my doors were sometimes not locking.

I ended up mounting the sensor switch 1/4" higher to allow it to connect the circuit properly when the engine lid was closed.

Check your alarm sensor switches under engine & bonnet lids.
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

chrisE wrote:I had the exact same problem with my current rev3 turbo, turned out that the engine lid sensor wasn't being pushed down quite properly when I closed the lid. Hence why my alarm went off at 3:00am several nights when it was windy, and my doors were sometimes not locking.

I ended up mounting the sensor switch 1/4" higher to allow it to connect the circuit properly when the engine lid was closed.

Check your alarm sensor switches under engine & bonnet lids.

Ahh, I will have a look coz i have had probs with the bonnet sensor for a while. The cable is too taut and the cable has started pulling away from the clip!

Incidentaly I told the "national company" this and they said if I interfered with this, i would invalidate their guarantee :roll:

But what your saying makes sense, so I ll get back on to them! Cheers
robbie_742003

Re: TOAD Ai606 erratic central locking

Post by robbie_742003 »

juliankv73 wrote:I contacted the installer before re: bonnet issue and was told that his installer would come and check but if not the alarms fault, he will charge me the £150 call out charge!

whatever happened to 'after sales' care? :roll:
phill_mr2GTS

Post by phill_mr2GTS »

heyup mate if you give me your e mail address ill send you the PDFs with manuals on.the aftersales service on tyour alarm is shockin,i would be livid wiv em!!let me know.
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER

Post by MR_TOAD_INSTALLER »

juliankv73 wrote:I had a Toad Ai606 fitted back in August and been having an intermittent problem with the sensor picking up an error with the bonnet which I know about. This is due to the installer not allowing enough slack in the wire to the pressure switch on the bonnet cowl.

However, my more pressing problem is the car not locking properly. It arms, but the locks dont always engage.

Today, twice i returned to the car and tried the door handle before disarming and it opened!???

I contacted the installer before re: bonnet issue and was told that his installer would come and check but if not the alarms fault, he will charge me the £150 call out charge!

So I am stuck, what should I do? Toyota say its the alarm, but I dont wanna fork out £150 call out charge.

I suggested if an installer was in the area could they swing by and just assess, but no, that cant be done.

Now I wish I used a local installer, then I'd not have this problem. As it is I used a nationwide company and am hitting a brick wall.

Any suggestions what i could try, take it to or just rip the whole thing out! GRRR ](*,) :evil:

Hi Yes MR TOAD
I find this insultive to alarm fitters that people like this can get away with what they are saying to you :mrgreen:

Please send me PM with this companys name and address and i shall take it up with the Area manager .
This really gets me that Toad is a good system and people will fob others off with this £150 like s---t to look at it in other words we dont want to come out

Get back to me and ill see what i can do

Ian
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

MR_TOAD_INSTALLER wrote:I find this insultive to alarm fitters that people like this can get away with what they are saying to you :mrgreen:

Please send me PM with this companys name and address and i shall take it up with the Area manager .
This really gets me that Toad is a good system and people will fob others off with this £150 like s---t to look at it in other words we dont want to come out

Get back to me and ill see what i can do

Ian

Hi MR TOAD INSTALLER,

I will PM you the National company name and will approach the company one more time to get them to look at the Toad Ai606.

If I dont get any joy then I will let you know to see what you can do.

Heres hoping I get them to do a free callout.

i will let you know,

Thanks in advance

Julian
craig

Post by craig »

I have moderated this thread. Please can we not publically disclose car alarm details on the forum, thanks.

Craig

IMOC-UK moderator
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Regarding the doors locking intermittently, i had the same problem with my mr2 and toad alarm that came with the car.

Never did work it out, just locks and unlocks when it feels like it with the alarm. I now lock with the key first then arm the alarm.
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

jonb- wrote:Regarding the doors locking intermittently, i had the same problem with my mr2 and toad alarm that came with the car.

Never did work it out, just locks and unlocks when it feels like it with the alarm. I now lock with the key first then arm the alarm.

Well this saga is still continuing.....first the engineer says he doesnt know how to trace the fault!

Just fills ya with me with confidence! Then i ring them up and they promise a phone call back...TODAY!

I wait, and wait and wait and nothing, then the office is closed!

Then the lady asks me when I got the alarm!, I was visited by an engineer about 2 weeks ago for the same fault and she is asking when I got the alarm??! WTF I had it fitted in August last year!

Now she questions whether it is my car and NOT the alarm! Well the central locking was working perfectly bEFORE i got the Toad Ai606, now "they" are inferring its the Toyota central locking??!! ](*,)

The engineer even checked the central locking ](*,)

The alarm locks the doors (Great!), the alarm chirps, the lights flash......

.....then the central locking UNLOCKS the doors :shock: :evil:

I am seriously getting cheesed off with these people and it looks like Im gonna have to have this ripped out and start again :roll:

Whats worse is this company openly advertises in all the national press, motoring mags etc and on another MR2 site!

For one poxy alarm, they are really wriggling around at the moment, and even tried to suggest that I wouldnt have this problem if bought one of their central locking modules! :-k

I really dont need this hassle.......certainly at the moment [-X [-( :thumbdown:

Return to “ICE and Security”