t3 t4 turbo

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

slipping clutch

t3 t4 turbo

Post by slipping clutch »

Hi all - does any one have any advice on t3t4 hybrids or any info. at all would especially like to hear from some one running one on a rev 1 .
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Re: t3 t4 turbo

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

There are MANY variations of the T3/T4.

Many many many.

What are your goals?
RichardPON

Post by RichardPON »

As above - there are so many Garrett T34 combinations....

I run one on a different car, but you need to know about exhaust housing sizes etc...
slipping clutch

t3 t4

Thanks for the reply guys, here is a brief version of my goals - setting aside world domination and a two day working week here goes - aI would like a turbo that spools up nice and quick with a minimum of lag and gives a decent power hike realistically I cannot see me aiming for any higher than 4oo h.p. I dont want a turbo thats all "top end" it needs to be relatinly easy to install (if there is such a thing on a two ) no turning of turbos etc. and last but not least a fair price. I have done some mods to the car - 2.2 hks kit, spearco ic, pipe/filter etc.
Thanks again.
S.C.
RaceDesign(NiteraMR2)

Post by RaceDesign(NiteraMR2) »

S C,

My mate is running a T3/T4e turbo set up on his rev2 and its blindin!

PM me and i should be able to give you all the info you need :)

Mart
JekylandHyde

Post by JekylandHyde »

KO Racing makes a nice T3T4 kit.

ATSRacing's TD06 kit is very comparable as well.

ATS Racing, Wolfkatz, Spaz Chicken, TWOSRUS, MR2OC, Chase Cam, KBOX,
Chico Race Works, Full Race, Racing Strong, TURBOHOSES, NoShoes,
Safe Drives, Spiral Moons, Sandra & not12listen, Jeff Herstine, Ardell & Bob Simon
nisnos

Post by nisnos »

ive ordered TD06 from peter at SBITS. the uk importer should be haere any time.
these have been used very successfully in the states and as hyde says THESE ARE CRACKING TURBO KITS!!!

T3T4 may seem cheap option at first but over here(uk) its a lot harder and more expensive to adapt all the parts needed to stick one on a tubby.
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

with a td06 or a sb t3t4 kit you will get good spool on your 2.2 stroker for sure, and these turbos are capable of 400rwhp on the stroker too

Graeme
slipping clutch

t3t4

Once again - thanks for all the good advice I really appreciate it, I am now looking along the lines of the td0620g turbo at would seem to be the way to go. once again thanks to all who have taken the time to post a reply.
Regards, S.C. :mrgreen:
Andy Conroy

Post by Andy Conroy »

^Trickster^ wrote:with a td06 or a sb t3t4 kit you will get good spool on your 2.2 stroker for sure, and these turbos are capable of 400rwhp on the stroker too

Graeme

The TD06 with race gas would be capable of 400rwhp without the stroker kit on :)
BenF
Premium Member

Re: t3t4

Post by BenF »

slipping clutch wrote:Once again - thanks for all the good advice I really appreciate it, I am now looking along the lines of the td0620g turbo at would seem to be the way to go. once again thanks to all who have taken the time to post a reply.
Regards, S.C. :mrgreen:

Sounds like an interesting car - you fancy posting more info, or putting some details and pics in the Garage ?
[SiG]

Post by [SiG] »

Andy Conroy wrote:
The TD06 with race gas would be capable of 400rwhp without the stroker kit on :)

Holy.Sh*t

:D
[SiG]

Post by [SiG] »

ignore
slipping clutch

t3t4

Hi- once again thanks for all the advice and comments - I have just bought a td06!!!! If I ever get the car finished than I will put the spec up in the garage along with pictures - at this moment the body is a little rough thanks to some helpful soul who "key scratched" every panel on the car and I havent had it repaired as I am concentrating on the mechanics and handling of the car but here is a quick spec. HKS 2.2 stroker, lightened balanced crank, rods etc. light weight flywheel, spec paddle clutch, air filter, decat d/pipe + mongoose system, sard fuel pressure regulator, walbro 255 litre fuel pump, apexi afc, hks pfc fcon, spearco intercooler, water injection system, blitz sbc boost controller (running at 1.2 max. bar on stock ct26), blitz turbo timer, and of course a fuel cut defencer, tein coil overs, earls brake lines,dot 5.1 brake fluid and ebc redstuff pads. plus a few other things as well that I have forgotten about. I have a tubular manifold and external wastegate, and larger injectors waiting to be fitted when I get the turbo. and more skinned knuckles than I like to remember! :clown:
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

:thumright:

nice one martin

8)
slipping clutch

t3t34

Thanks mate, and I should have said a BIG thanks to every one else who have helped get the car to this point - I am not the worlds most gifted mechanic !!! :clown:
JekylandHyde

Post by JekylandHyde »

nisnos wrote:ive ordered TD06 from peter at SBITS. the uk importer should be haere any time.
these have been used very successfully in the states and as hyde says THESE ARE CRACKING TURBO KITS!!!.

No. The GReddy TDO6 kits have an issue with cracking downpipes,
NOT the ATS Racing TD06 kits.
rore

Post by rore »

JekylandHyde wrote:
nisnos wrote:ive ordered TD06 from peter at SBITS. the uk importer should be haere any time.
these have been used very successfully in the states and as hyde says THESE ARE CRACKING TURBO KITS!!!.

No. The GReddy TDO6 kits have an issue with cracking downpipes,
NOT the ATS Racing TD06 kits.

I think he ment cracking as in superb ( UK slang ) :mrgreen:
JekylandHyde

Post by JekylandHyde »

lol ... nothing funnier than language barriers when both people are speaking English :lol:
nisnos

Post by nisnos »

just read this !!!!

haha nice one hyde!!

Return to “Modifications”