ATP Turbo System

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

the_did

ATP Turbo System

Post by the_did »

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release091004.htm

Saw this posted on another forum, looks like quite a good idea.

The only problem I could see if that the gases still have turn a 90 degree angle and the valve could f00k up. For the MR2 it would need some kind of extention to get the hot gases further from the engine bay. On a Frint engined car - like the golf in the vid it looks to work pretty well.
TBDevelopments

Re: ATP Turbo System

Post by TBDevelopments »

shame its not designed as a "Y" section, give a good flow of exhaust gases then.

Also a shame it doesn't block the one pipe when not being used, so it pushes it all out the exhaust, or all out the vent pipe.

Good idea though, flick of a switch and you've got a full drag system, flick it again and drive home in silence :)

Tim
xxxx
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

xxxx wrote:shame its not designed as a "Y" section, give a good flow of exhaust gases then.

Also a shame it doesn't block the one pipe when not being used, so it pushes it all out the exhaust, or all out the vent pipe.

Good idea though, flick of a switch and you've got a full drag system, flick it again and drive home in silence :)

Tim
xxxx

You could buy the "VES" unit minus the T-piece (they sell the bits separately) and then fabricate/have fabricated your own Y piece from stainless.
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

good thinking batman :D

Tim
xxxx
Century Motorsport

Post by Century Motorsport »

nice idea but i appreciate my ear drums and with that stump of an exhaust once that valve opens wouldn't take long to blow them!!

I would also be worried about the bottom of my car catching fire with and exhaust that short surely it would be spitting some falmes out!!!!
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

well you've seen and heard our screamer pipes bud, they shoot flames out and are very loud.

So be kinda the same, just much bigger :mrgreen:

Tim
xxxx
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

Screamer pipe is pre-turbo, so the VES valve will be like a post-turbo screamer pipe!
Sounds like you're hot on the idea of this Tim? :)
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

yes thats basically correct bud.

Would be interesting trying to explain to the mot station what all those exhausts pipes were under the car.

Well this is my drag exhaust, and thats my wastegate exhaust and thats well my normal exhaust. lol

Tim
xxxx
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

Although it'd give an internal wastegate a very hard life with practically naff-all resistance from the exhaust 'system' !
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

lol, depends how well the turbo and wastegate were designed, if it was a turbo intended for race use they will have properly over compensated with wastegate design to allow a straight through pipe set up.

But still a full external would be much better for the boost control :)

Tim
xxxx

Return to “Modifications”