Which piggyback for AFM Rev 1

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Muffleman

Which piggyback for AFM Rev 1

Post by Muffleman »

Hi all,

I know the 'which ECU' debate goes on, but I've done a few searches and can't see which is best to go for if you have a Rev 1.

I have a rebuilt engine with forgies, steel HG etc and a Stage 5 CT26 from Owens (T4 comp. wheel and 8degree turbine trim), aswell as supporting mods.
I chose the hybrid CT26 for various reasons, and I'm happy with them so the hybrid is staying...for now :twisted:

I just want to maximise the hybrid turbo, and the engine is up to it for sure.

I am leaning towards the Greddy Emanage ultimate, largely because it seems to have good features and airflow metering - plus it's a good price.

Total standalones like the MoTeC are, TBH, a bit beyond my budget and probably overkill for my needs. Anyone care to make other suggestions ? Bearing in mind its a Rev1.

I'm tempted to get the Emanage Ultimate and report back my findings to you guys, as it currently seems to be a bit of an unknown entity. But what I don't want to do is have an ECU fitted, mapped etc and then find out it's not up to the job !

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Matt
twistywizard

Re: Which piggyback for AFM Rev 1

Post by twistywizard »

I would personally go for either of these Options

Convert your AFM setup to a MAP sensor setup (Rev 3 Conversion) you need Ignitor, ECU (Temp until you get the Power FC), MAP Sensor, MAT sensor then slightly rewire your harness,

Then buy and get mapped a Apexi Power FC.

Or go for a Dastek Unichip, they are fairly highly regarded
JohnA

Post by JohnA »

I too was looking at the e-manage ultimate but there isn't the information available on actual instalation on mr2's, especially rev1's. There is also a shortage of mappers with e-manage experience.

Based on this I've decided on the unichip. It does everything you need at a reasonable price. with lots of places to get it mapped.
Muffleman

Post by Muffleman »

Thanks for the replies.

So the Unichip is okay for a Rev 1 ? And what are the limitations of a Unichip, ie at what point will I want to upgrade ?

Cheers

Matt
gmtc

Post by gmtc »

I'm thinking your stage5 may be able to boost to higher than 16psi?
If so, your AFM will be the bottleneck in the system. Only the Apexi or e-manage ultimate (which is the route i have gone) will remove this and input pressure to the air/fuel map using an additional sensor.
"There is no spoon"
gmtc

Post by gmtc »

I'm thinking your stage5 may be able to boost to higher than 16psi?
If so, your AFM will be the bottleneck in the system. Only the Apexi or e-manage ultimate (which is the route i have gone) will remove this and input pressure to the air/fuel map using an additional sensor.
"There is no spoon"
Muffleman

Post by Muffleman »

Hello mate,

Yup, definitely able to boost well over 16psi. So you've gone Emanage Ultimate ? If so, think I'll have to PM ya :wink:
gmtc

Post by gmtc »

you have PM
"There is no spoon"
tubby_tony

Post by tubby_tony »

GMTC, have you fitted the Emanage Ultimate?

Return to “Modifications”